Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Disc will be very strong in PvP, but needs a lot of skill. If for nothing else, it's the only healer that can heal even if he gets kicked into one of the schools.
    It's also the only healer withot a cc break par trinket. So wondering how that wil turn out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Disc will be very strong in PvP, but needs a lot of skill. If for nothing else, it's the only healer that can heal even if he gets kicked into one of the schools.
    Yeah, being able to alternate between Shadow Mend & Holy Spells is a very good advantage, but in the other hand, Holy has two different PVP talents that prevent interrupts.

Disc playstyle is GONE! It is so destroyed by blizzard! Really sadface!

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Man I dunno... I have a long term friend who has been a disc priest since Wrath and he dislikes the changes. Neither of us can really figure out why they're pushing the damage dealing aspect of the spec so heavily while also removing this same feature from Monks due to it not working very well. They basically admitted that hybrid classes are a nightmare and then attempt to push disc even further down this path. I think it's a good idea to make atonement not so brain dead and also make it worth the effort to use... but it feels so clunky to both of us.

What exactly is the intended strength of disc priest? It feels like it's just kinda... a sub par everything rolled into one. Not that great on absorbs, damage, or healing. Are they intended to be the "have really OP cooldowns" spec? I guess I can see that with PW:B and whatever nonsense allows penance to heal everybody inside of it without atonement applied.

TL;DR I don't think a jack-of-all-trades spec is going to make the cut. They need a clear and definitive strength that provides them a clear choice as an option or at least a one of.
    I feel like they wanted to differentiate disc from your run of the mill healing while lessening the effect of absorbs (as they were OP). The only reason they are doing it in this way, is because priest has 2 heal specs. MW was changed from fistweaving as they only had one healspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    I feel like they wanted to differentiate disc from your run of the mill healing while lessening the effect of absorbs (as they were OP). The only reason they are doing it in this way, is because priest has 2 heal specs. MW was changed from fistweaving as they only had one healspec.
    Except they've stated now that Disc isn't even a "healing" spec, it's now a hybrid support spec with some damage and some healing.

Except they've stated now that Disc isn't even a "healing" spec, it's now a hybrid support spec with some damage and some healing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLbi...outu.be&t=3143

Stop listening to forum memes and actually research things yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Sorry but no.

Scholar has absortion spells but it is in no way based around it.
    You will still use your non absorb standard heal (Physick) the most of all.
    You also have a bunch of other tools like a fairy which actually heals for quite a bit as well.
    A couple absorption spells is just the tip of the scholar arsenal, nothing as close as based around it.
    If anything the new disco priest resembles the scholar more then the bubble bot of the past.
    Yeah I main a Scholar in FF and while you use absorb spells all the time, you are correct they are only a part of the package.
    Scholar is all about using all your absorbs, hots, direct heals while micromanaging your pet since it does a quiet substantial part of your total healing.
    And while doing that you ofc have to keep up your dots on the mobs as well.
    Scholar is like a mix of a resto shaman/disc priest and warlock.
    It's amazing and much harder to play well then the new disc priest.

Man I dunno... I have a long term friend who has been a disc priest since Wrath and he dislikes the changes. Neither of us can really figure out why they're pushing the damage dealing aspect of the spec so heavily while also removing this same feature from Monks due to it not working very well. They basically admitted that hybrid classes are a nightmare and then attempt to push disc even further down this path. I think it's a good idea to make atonement not so brain dead and also make it worth the effort to use... but it feels so clunky to both of us.

What exactly is the intended strength of disc priest? It feels like it's just kinda... a sub par everything rolled into one. Not that great on absorbs, damage, or healing. Are they intended to be the "have really OP cooldowns" spec? I guess I can see that with PW:B and whatever nonsense allows penance to heal everybody inside of it without atonement applied.

TL;DR I don't think a jack-of-all-trades spec is going to make the cut. They need a clear and definitive strength that provides them a clear choice as an option or at least a one of.
    Monks and paladins have a damage/healing option for pvp, so they didnt full give up on it. As for why disc, there was a blue post recently that basically said because priests have 2 heal specs and other classes dont. If as a priest you want a more direct heal spec, go holy, but if they made mistweaver pri arily damage based for example, they could alienate players of a class who dont hsve other options.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasenka View Post
    I was pissed when I lost inner fire way back when.
    LOL

I mainly pvp and this new spec is horrible to say the least.
    Interesting. I mainly PVE and I found that the only thing I could use the new disc was PVP. It was brutally powerful in BGs.

To keep track of who has atonement on them I find hard to do. Before you say its easy. Chances are you use some sort of addon, I dont use any addons.
    Start using some addons then.

Adapt. I did. Specced holy first time since T7. Will try disc later again, but it doesn't look good for 5mans, which will be my focus this time.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-08-25 at 05:57 AM.

They never stated that it's a hybrid support spec. They have always said that Disc is a healing spec. People on forums keep claiming that it is a hybrid support spec and tbh it's getting pretty annoying. Disc is a healer and is treated as such during game mechanics.
    Stay weird. Stay strong and beautiful. It's those uniquenesses, those things that make us different that makes us powerful. Live to defy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krstl View Post
    They never stated that it's a hybrid support spec. They have always said that Disc is a healing spec. People on forums keep claiming that it is a hybrid support spec and tbh it's getting pretty annoying. Disc is a healer and is treated as such during game mechanics.
    Well support is a little harsh. They have stated that it is a hybrid and like.. one of the best situations for it is like if you're not sure whether you want 4 or 5 healers so you take disc who can focus more on deal damage that raid and kinda support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Start using some addons then.
    This times a thousand lol. Complaining about how difficult a spec is without addons is like saying driving a car is hard without mirrors.

why is schism a disc talent... should be a shadow talent.... so confusing

As someone who plays shadow as main spec but will most likely end up healing for mythic+ I am really excited about disc. Been trying it out these last few days on both live and beta and I'm starting to really get a feel for how to play it properly. At first it felt like I had no chance when shit hit the fan but now there are very few situations I can't handle as disc just as well as I could as holy. And as someone who is primarily a dps player but one who would always keep an eye on the group anyway to help out as shadow, disc just feels perfect for me and so it will most likely be my first offspec in legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Yeah I main a Scholar in FF and while you use absorb spells all the time, you are correct they are only a part of the package.
    Scholar is all about using all your absorbs, hots, direct heals while micromanaging your pet since it does a quiet substantial part of your total healing.
    And while doing that you ofc have to keep up your dots on the mobs as well.
    Scholar is like a mix of a resto shaman/disc priest and warlock.
    It's amazing and much harder to play well then the new disc priest.
    Well too honest, it is not really a fair comparison.
    White Mage and Scholar got designed so they complemented each other perfectly and each got given a numerous amount of tools. However when Astrologian came up, this because very obvious and gave those a carbon copy of some scholar and whm spells with an (back then, since i don't play anymore) awkward card system.
    In Wow, from the very beginning you already had to divide your tools over holy pala, disco priest, holy priest, resto druid, resto shaman with later the mistweaver coming out.
    You can only give so many tool to a certain spec before everything feels the same.

Disc is dead to me as far as I can tell. RIP my main 2008-2016.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Well too honest, it is not really a fair comparison.
    White Mage and Scholar got designed so they complemented each other perfectly and each got given a numerous amount of tools. However when Astrologian came up, this because very obvious and gave those a carbon copy of some scholar and whm spells with an (back then, since i don't play anymore) awkward card system.
    In Wow, from the very beginning you already had to divide your tools over holy pala, disco priest, holy priest, resto druid, resto shaman with later the mistweaver coming out.
    You can only give so many tool to a certain spec before everything feels the same.
    I never accused Disc of being bad or even feeling samey. I think Blizzard did an awesome job with it.
    But some people claim Disc is too hard to play in endgame, which is silly when something like the Scholar exists and works. Lots of wow healers don't understand the notion of a healer doing damage.
    Oh and the Astrologian works very nicely and is definitely not just a mix of scholar and wht. mage with cards.

But like I said Disc does not feel like the other healers, it's its own unique wonderfully cool beast now.

Deleted
    I actually created my first priest (ever) with the level 100 boost for legion and I think I played a fair amount of time on all specs over the last 3 weeks.

My impression, coming from a dps class (warlock since classic), is that it takes some time to get used to the disc playing style. This is especially true for someone new to the predicting healing role. However, I find myself getting a lote more used to it and I love this spec. I find myself constantly thinking about whether to use plea or radiant, shielding the tank on cooldown and just predicting damage by looking at the random players in the mythic dungeons.

However, at least for the pre-patch (I wore gear between itemlevel 700 and 713), I feel like you need certain talents for dungeons which dramatically increase your potential burst healing and those are schism (keep this on cooldown!) and twist of fate (for players who like to stand in the fire / emergency healing if you failed to predict tank damage). The difference between the healing output on tanks between having schism on cooldown on the target or not is tremendous and I had my fair share of trouble to heal tanks through burst or heavy damage without schism though it might be possible that I do something wrong there.
    I also found it extremely helpful to have an addon which showed me the duration and name of the targets with atonement on them as well as having weak aura configured to show me the short cooldowns on shield, schism and penance next to my character so I did not have to glance too much on the bars instead of the boss, environment or vuhdo.

Overall, I really have a lot of fun and I really like the design.
    Last edited by mmocbcfb286c49; 2016-08-26 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liox View Post
    I feel like you need certain talents for dungeons which dramatically increase your potential burst healing and those are schism (keep this on cooldown!) and twist of fate (for players who like to stand in the fire / emergency healing if you failed to predict tank damage). The difference between the healing output on tanks between having schism on cooldown on the target or not is tremendous and I had my fair share of trouble to heal tanks through burst or heavy damage without schism though it might be possible that I do something wrong there.
    I personally think that PI is better than ToF, but that may just be me. If you're having trouble healing your tanks, you really should be specd into Grace for dungeons, as it makes your SM and PW:S do more.
    Stay weird. Stay strong and beautiful. It's those uniquenesses, those things that make us different that makes us powerful. Live to defy.

So ive definitely made the choice to switch mains (sucks too, 11 year priest here). Ive narrowed it down to MW and shammy not sure yet, but hopefully disc gets some changes sooner rather than later (i know people say it never happens, but hopefully disc gets a total redesign in a later legion patch).

I'm pretty much in love with the new disc. I had an alt disc in lk->mop, but barely played it, but I did like atonement. This new disc however kept the atonement, but is alos a lot more interesting and involved than mop disc was (at the low level I was playing it at the time)