Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King vs Thunder King

Who is more powerful? Lead quest designer dropped the canon answer for us -

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/759552173579591680

This puts Thunder King pretty high on the power list. I think a lot of people underrate Lei Shen
    Last edited by Strategos; 2016-08-24 at 06:40 PM.

Thunda for da thunda king!

Makes sense, he did consume Titanic Power from Aman'thul.

Defeated Xuen, an August Celestial, in single combat as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I remember a poll on this a few months back. Good to see I was backing the correct side.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Pretty much, took a world reorientation device to kill him at this prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny. So 1v1, TK has the brute strength advantage. Honestly doesn't surprise me.

Where is BritishBuldog when we need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    no! don't say his name!

7+ Year Old Account

Furiously typing out a response where he claims that 1v1 doesn't matter because large-scale strategic engagements are where it's at.

I think it's pretty cool that Dave Kosak gave a direct answer to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pretty much, took a world reorientation device to kill him at this prime.
    was that retconned in chronicle? i seem to remember him dying of old age
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Like srs, the Lich King is cool and all, but on a cosmic scale the Scourge is pretty small. Lei Shen had the little remnants of a Titan.

Good on Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    was that retconned in chronicle? i seem to remember him dying of old age
    I don't actually remember his cause of death being mentioned. It could be perhaps our only source was Lorewalker Cho and he was only speaking in what he/the Pandaren thought/folklore, but yes, in the Chronicle it mentions that Lei Shen, his armies and an accompanying army of Zandalari and their ruler went to Uldum to claim I believe the Halls of Origination, and the Tol'vir activated the device, killing everything in Uldum except the Tol'vir that had gone into hiding/prepared and turned the land to a barren dessert around the Halls.

It's why we see the land regrow at the end of that quest in Cata. Part of it, anyway.
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2016-08-24 at 06:51 PM.

Banned. Probably from getting too heated in his last thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it's pretty cool that Dave Kosak gave a direct answer to that.
    Same. You almost never see these things resolved in any meaningful way like this so it's nice to have a set-in-stone benchmark from which other deductions can be made.

I guess Lei Shen was truly not at full strength when he was bested in ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by FelBraids View Post
    no! don't say his name!
    He's banned right now. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    Makes sense, he did consume Titanic Power from Aman'thul.

Defeated Xuen, an August Celestial, in single combat as well.
    Raden. Granted Raden was given power by him, but he did not consume it from Aman'thul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This makes sense. Lei Shen was incredibly powerful, but his military acumen was questionable. Scourge > Mogu, but Lei Shen > Lich King seems an equitable solution to me.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Not a surprise. The Lich King's power was always is mind-control prowess, not his fight skills. After all, it was a entity stuck on ice and then a arrogant paladin that had some fight skills.

Lei Shen is a fricking Titan construct that took the power of Aman'thul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This makes sense. Lei Shen was incredibly powerful, but his military acumen was questionable. Scourge > Mogu, but Lei Shen > Lich King seems an equitable solution to me.
    Actually, he built one of the biggest empires Azeroth ever had and only the Reorigination device stopped Lei Shen from conquering the rest.

Kosak most probably is hitting the size numbers of each army. The Scourge wins by a long shot.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-24 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, he built one of the biggest empires Azeroth ever had and only the Reorigination device stopped Lei Shen from conquering the rest.

Kosak most probably is hitting the size numbers of each army. The Scourge wins for a long shot.
    Lei Shen's defeat at Uldum was a product of his arrogance, though - he discounted the existence of a greater force that could check him. Numbers would definitely be a factor, especially with the Mogu having succumbed to the Curse of Flesh. I'd assume the Scourge would eventually hit on a way to bring their into undeath if the two armies were to meet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead