Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We have Unending Breath, which allows to cry more on forums without choking on tears for the much longer time.
    I thought this was pruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    I mean you can be positive your raid leader will ask you to switch.
    I admit I'm very worried about the state of things but I really believe there should be a balance between comments like these and stuff like "warlocks are fine, absolutely no problems!"

Deleted
    The beastliness of just casually doing world content.

I won't even try to pretend that I'll have time to do Mythic+ or raiding outside of LFR. When I have the time, I'll just jump on my Affliction Warlock and go exploring without having to eat after every fight and stressing about corpse running every couple of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We have Unending Breath, which allows to cry more on forums without choking on tears for the much longer time.
    Speaking of, warlocks are the second-fastest characters in water thanks to this. Impress your friends*, amaze your enemies*!

*unless they're druids

Deleted
    The class' theme is the best in the game. Nothing beats being an evil sorcerer.

You can slack like a motherfucker and get away with it cause no-one will expect warlocks to do shit for deeps...
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by EbullientPrism View Post
    Everywhere I have read there is much despair about the current state of warlocks (PvE-wise). I want to know what are some of the positives of warlocks in PvE. What would you tell a player to convince them to play warlock?

What is their damage output in Legion Beta? I have heard mixed reports of "really bad" and "really good". So far, what seems to be the best spec? What spec will likely strive post-launch?

I am torn between an ele shaman and a warlock. I am interested in both (more so warlock), but every time I read the forums I get discouraged from warlocks. Convince me that warlocks are the best!
    If you do well as one then you know you're good I guess.

Has always been the case that Lock was seen as an "Elite class"

From what I've learned of the class forums here, the biggest positive of being a warlock is apparently the ability to - while being one of the most consistently good and desirable raid classes for DPS in the game since TBC (and arguably even in Vanilla) and also posess THREE raid utilities that no other class has ever been able to bring in a day and age where raid utility has been pruned down to a bare minimum - still cry on the forums about how since another class outperforms us in a prepatch/beta time frame, we're garbage and everyone should re-roll immediately.

That's an amazing perk to have if you ask me.

Warlocks are like mages but 140% coller. Oh and a portal, don't forget the summoning portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    If you do well as one then you know you're good I guess.

Has always been the case that Lock was seen as an "Elite class"
    Honestly I don't really understand why people would think that.

In a raid, warlocks are so ridicilously tanky that you can get away with doing stupid shit a lot more than other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

In a raid, warlocks are so ridicilously tanky that you can get away with doing stupid shit a lot more than other classes.
    Think he was more referring to damage but yea, you can survive more severe screw ups in general because of ridiculous tankiness. Too bad we don't have that sick HP pool anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Gameplaywise:
    - Destro PVP looks promising. 0 casts and spamming conflag / shadowburns and portals. On pre-patch it rocks, and that is without portals
    Legitimate question: are we not having to cast immolate?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Don't read forums. Just follow your heart. I mean don't read them in a way to expect others having a legit opinions.
    Everyone technically has legitimate opinions. The issue is that many who have misinformed, heavily biased, inflammatory and/or destructive opinions feel the need to voice them loudly, and that kind of poisons the watering hole, so to speak.

Hell, even I'm guilty of doing that from time to time. I'm not perfect, and I don't expect anyone else to be. I just wish people would take a little more responsibility for their civil discourse, and try a little harder to be better at discussing. I'm trying to better myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaria View Post
    As Affliction:
    - The ability to just run around dot'ing everything and still do decent damage.
    - The ridicolous amount of self-heal when multi-dot'ing siphon life and/or use drain life/soul.
    - Pretty impressive cleave when specced for it(drain soul+grimoire of sacrifice).
    - Just the ability to make corruption permanent in pve. Back in vanilla it was all about spending those five talent points to make corruption instant-cast, so it's fun to see how far corruption has come since back then.
    This plus an awesome personal tank: I love it.
    Honestly, I am not interested in raiding (except a bit of LFR) but soloing all outdoor (except raidboss level ones, of course).

Permanent corruption makes old raids trivial (one dot, your tank does not get hurt -> you can afk the whole fight).
    ---------------
    Please vorfige me for rgammar miskates; ingiliz not is ym tanive ganluage.

Don't read forums. Just follow your heart. I mean don't read them in a way to expect others having a legit opinions.
    I'm following my heart, when I became intensely irritated the third time all of my summons disappeared before I could Consumption because I'd been knocked into the air by something completely unavoidable, when I couldn't kill a shit rare mob that I had absolutely spanked as 3 other classes as Destro because it came with a huge number of extremely weak summoned adds that were spread out all over the room and there was literally nothing I could do to clear them as Destro.

Everytime I take 4 times as long to kill the same damn mobs as my TANK specc'd characters no matter which warlock spec I am at the time, everytime my pet\s decided to be fuckwits and pull extra mobs that were all the way over there for no damn reason, everytime an already underperforming spec gets nerfed again, everytime I notice just how much of the sweet looks and fun toys the class has lost... I'm following my heart to another class.

This pisses me I want to play my warlock I've always wanted to play my warlock but currently it's just not possible because due to the changes and the sheer idiocy of those changes it's just not fun at all.

I play a warlock because we are rare enough that at the moment I am the only consistant one in my heroic/mythic guild and from our internal spreadsheets where people are putting down what class we are going to main I'm the only one intending to play lock.. Damage and mechanics what they are, we do have somewhat of an aura of mystery to us as not many people play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Legitimate question: are we not having to cast immolate?
    Right now i don't need to. But i do if i get a casting window or to bait fire school silence to then spam shadowburns (remember to pick soul conduit). It's REALLY rng based but in my experience it is pretty OP. Remember SBs damage is almost on par with Chaos Bolt while being instant.

Well, I understand that. I came to a conclusion that Blizzard (especially in WoD) very specifically designed warlock class to "what you can and what you cannot do". It was clear as day when I went with Affliction spec and it performed better and with Destro I was struggling to defeat healers. Then another ecounter, you do just as good with destro.

Warlock, currently on live, is not in it's full prime. You really have to use artifact and get to 110 to know if it's bad or not. I so far, like what I see.
    I've played Demo at 110, Destro to 105 and Aff to 103 on 3 separate warlocks and Demo again to 108 on another, I've got a fair idea how they play with their artifact and a good idea how Demo\Destro play in groups as well. It's just not fun, you jump through a dozen more hoops and pray for more RNGesus love than any of the melee classes (also played all of them to at least 102 and many to 110)... to do less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Right now i don't need to. But i do if i get a casting window or to bait fire school silence to then spam shadowburns (remember to pick soul conduit). It's REALLY rng based but in my experience it is pretty OP. Remember SBs damage is almost on par with Chaos Bolt while being instant.
    coo', thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

True, but you could do stuff with that. Iron Maidens had a mechanic that was soaked by Locks