Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How does artifact trait rewards in quests going to work for healers leveling as dps?

As I leveled through stormheim on my balance Druid last night I got trait rewards and unlocks throughout leveling, how is this going to work if I'm leveling as balance but don't want to fall behind on the healer aspect? (I'm ms resto Druids)

Relics are interchangeable between specs if the relic slot is the same. Balance uses 2 arcane and 1 life (2nd arcane is not available until class hall campaign is completed), resto uses 2 life 1 frost (2nd life is not available until class hall campaign is completed), if you wanna receive the correct type of relics from quests for resto just set loot specialization to restoration.

Edit: Actually disregard the above thought i read relics instead of traits for some reason but anyway for traits you can just save ap tokens and use them when you have the appropriate artifact weapon equipped.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-08-24 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    As I leveled through stormheim on my balance Druid last night I got trait rewards and unlocks throughout leveling, how is this going to work if I'm leveling as balance but don't want to fall behind on the healer aspect? (I'm ms resto Druids)
    Don't use any of the artifact tokens while leveling. Granted you could use them and basically lose nothing since the leveling AP gains are literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Don't use any of the artifact tokens while leveling. Granted you could use them and basically lose nothing since the leveling AP gains are literally nothing.
    literally? ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Glad to know there aren't any gains while leveling. Literally.
    I mean lets just say you may unlock like 9-10 traits at most when you ding 110. You actually lose nothing come raids putting 13 points into your offspec one(its less than 7k AP you will have earned a few hundred thousand before raid minimum play).

I mean both of you are obviously joking with my choice of literally haha but ya in the whole picture it basically is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Glad to know there aren't any gains while leveling. Literally.
    For how far it gets you, there might as well be. You needs thousands of times that much to finish your artifact. And Blizzard already stated that they're going to expand them later on in the expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Um, you'll get about 8 artifact traits from leveling, so i wouldn't say they're "literally nothing". Literally nothing would mean 0. Literally 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For how far it gets you, there might as well be. You needs thousands of times that much to finish your artifact. And Blizzard already stated that they're going to expand them later on in the expansion.
    ya totally, cause you can max out your artifact in a week, right? it's a progression system. the first point is every bit as important as the last point
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    ya totally, cause you can max out your artifact in a week, right? it's a progression system. the first point is every bit as important as the last point
    In a week, you get several times what you get during leveling. That's kind of the point.

A couple points in an off-spec isn't going to seriously impact your main progression, but if you're min-maxing then all you need to do is hoard your AP consumables until you hit 102. At 102 you can get your main artifact and then use your consumables to dump your AP into that. Your DPS in your off-spec might be a bit behind someone who puts all their points in that spec, but that's not really going to matter a whole lot while leveling.

What will have a bigger impact on your off-spec leveling DPS are your relics. You get relics rather frequently while questing (at least one per slot per zone) and like gems they're destroyed when replaced, so there's little point in saving lower level relics for your main spec. IMO, for the first three zones keep your loot spec set to your off-spec and socket any quest relics you get into your off-spec weapon, then swap it to your main spec in your fourth zone. That way your off-spec will still do solid damage while leveling, and you'll still get relics to get your main spec weapon up to speed around when you hit 110.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a week, you get several times what you get during leveling. That's kind of the point.
    And in a year you get even more, your point has no real meaning other than stating the blatantly obvious and pawning it off like you have this revelation others dont.

You just don't use the AP items while in the spec you don't want the AP in, OP. It's that simple...

And in a year you get even more, your point has no real meaning other than stating the blatantly obvious and pawning it off like you have this revelation others dont.
    Well, you obviously didn't get it, so it might bear repeating. Leveling Artifact Power gains are almost completely inconsequential, so it makes next to no difference if they even exist. The first point is not as important as your later gains.

first 13 traits are extremely cheap compared to traits 14+....it could make sense to get a few dps traits for QoL, maybe not all 13 but some most powerful. Besides leveling, you are going to do world questing once you hit 110, and doing it in healing spec might not be fun.

If I was a healer leveling up as a dps I would probably dump my ap into the dps artifact while leveling. At 110 switch to healing spec and spam some dungeons. You'll get the bonus satchel and a ton of AP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you obviously didn't get it, so it might bear repeating. Leveling Artifact Power gains are almost completely inconsequential, so it makes next to no difference if they even exist. The first point is not as important as your later gains.
    But you're absolutely wrong. Getting 8-12 points early on isn't "completely inconsequential", you just can't seem to grasp that fact and I understand that. Some people have trouble grasping simple concepts and that's ok. That's what the forums are for, so that you can eventually have it explained to you enough times till you get it

10+ Year Old Account
    But you're absolutely wrong. Getting 8-12 points early on isn't "completely inconsequential", you just can't seem to grasp that fact and I understand that. Some people have trouble grasping simple concepts and that's ok. That's what the forums are for, so that you can eventually have it explained to you enough times till you get it
    I mean, he's not totally wrong. Obviously if your plan is to jump straight into heroic/mythic dungeons at 110 then using your levelling AP on your healer artifact is going to be a big help for those initial few days, but in the long term it actually is pretty inconsequential. The amount of AP needed to get those first 8-12 points is so minimal compared to what comes after that at late stages, and with later stages of AK you'll be getting the same amount of AP you gained while levelling in like... one heroic dungeon.

So, I mean, if you're min/maxing and want an early advantage, you're quite right, but the poster you're quoting isn't totally wrong that in the grand scheme of things it's pretty inconsequential after a short while at max level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I mean, he's not totally wrong. Obviously if your plan is to jump straight into heroic/mythic dungeons at 110 then using your levelling AP on your healer artifact is going to be a big help for those initial few days, but in the long term it actually is pretty inconsequential. The amount of AP needed to get those first 8-12 points is so minimal compared to what comes after that at late stages, and with later stages of AK you'll be getting the same amount of AP you gained while levelling in like... one heroic dungeon.

So, I mean, if you're min/maxing and want an early advantage, you're quite right, but the poster you're quoting isn't totally wrong that in the grand scheme of things it's pretty inconsequential after a short while at max level.
    Isn't the purpose of this thread for min maxing? I mean, if you're going to casually play, none of it matters in the slightest bit. But for players that plan on raiding first day, every single one of those talents early on are important

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the purpose of this thread for min maxing? I mean, if you're going to casually play, none of it matters in the slightest bit. But for players that plan on raiding first day, every single one of those talents early on are important
    Well by min/maxing I meant going for world first or something. For your average raider planning to progress through Mythic it is pretty inconsequential... and most healer/tanks are likely to want to spend some points in their DPS artifact at some point for the sake of speeding up their questing and dailies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well by min/maxing I meant going for world first or something. For your average raider planning to progress through Mythic it is pretty inconsequential... and most healer/tanks are likely to want to spend some points in their DPS artifact at some point for the sake of speeding up their questing and dailies anyway.
    Even for a top100 raider it's going to be all but irrelevant. We're talking about less than a day of artifact progress here(real time, not pure play time), which would likely end up being used for some filler trait anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even for a top100 raider it's going to be all but irrelevant. We're talking about less than a day of artifact progress here(real time, not pure play time), which would likely end up being used for some filler trait anyway.
    Oh I mean I agree, but I'm sure the argument can be made that in the top 5 utter bleeding edge maybe the tiniest thing can make a difference... you never know. But 99.999% irrelevant really, and no one that's not seriously going for world first should even spend the time to worry about it!