Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This makes sense. Lei Shen was incredibly powerful, but his military acumen was questionable. Scourge > Mogu, but Lei Shen > Lich King seems an equitable solution to me.
    I think its more due to the fact that the Lich King can control his entire army while Lei Shen can't. Lei Shen may have competent generals to help him lead (and others among the ranks) but hes also going to have a bunch of dipshits in the army as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I think its more due to the fact that the Lich King can control his entire army while Lei Shen can't. Lei Shen may have competent generals to help him lead (and others among the ranks) but hes also going to have a bunch of dipshits in the army as well.
    That's true, especially evidenced by what happened to the Mogu empire after Lei Shen died the first time. Mogu aren't ones for unification or clarity of purpose outside a few notable outliers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Like srs, the Lich King is cool and all, but on a cosmic scale the Scourge is pretty small. Lei Shen had the little remnants of a Titan.

Good on Dave!

I don't actually remember his cause of death being mentioned. It could be perhaps our only source was Lorewalker Cho and he was only speaking in what he/the Pandaren thought/folklore, but yes, in the Chronicle it mentions that Lei Shen, his armies and an accompanying army of Zandalari and their ruler went to Uldum to claim I believe the Halls of Origination, and the Tol'vir activated the device, killing everything in Uldum except the Tol'vir that had gone into hiding/prepared and turned the land to a barren dessert around the Halls.

It's why we see the land regrow at the end of that quest in Cata. Part of it, anyway.
    nah i mean like it was stated by a dev at one point that lei shen died of old age. assuming it's just a retcon, honestly being re-originated is a cooler way to go anyway
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Where is BritishBuldog when we need him?
    Banned.

/10bans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    nah i mean like it was stated by a dev at one point that lei shen died of old age. assuming it's just a retcon, honestly being re-originated is a cooler way to go anyway
    Huh, the more you know. Didn't remember that bit.

Honestly this retcon has so much more storytelling in it, and ties in with stuff that was in MoP anyway. i.e. When Wrathion ate Lei Shen's heart he had that weird possession experience and started ranting about someone being "gone" which we can now recognize as the Titans themselves since their spirits are in the Keepers, etc."

Which also means Wrathion has Aman'Thul's power. But yeah, this is *much* better, and awesome to imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    Lei Shen's reported death to old age may have been what the Pandaren thought happened, as they wrote that particular bit of history. They may not have been privy to Lei Shen's trip to Uldum and the nature of his defeat there, and I doubt the Mogu would've wanted to make it common knowledge.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Yeah what Kosak said seemed to be pretty much the consensus of the forum anyway.

The Scourge is too massive for Lei Shen to overcome, but in a 1v1 he's stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Banned.

/10bans
    He's screaming right now. I know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Huh, the more you know. Didn't remember that bit.

Honestly this retcon has so much more storytelling in it, and ties in with stuff that was in MoP anyway. i.e. When Wrathion ate Lei Shen's heart he had that weird possession experience and started ranting about someone being "gone" which we can now recognize as the Titans themselves since their spirits are in the Keepers, etc."

Which also means Wrathion has Aman'Thul's power. But yeah, this is *much* better, and awesome to imagine.
    definitely
    "hey we're here to mess everything up"

"oh posh, i've been re-originated"
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz