Deleted

Our inner demon should whisper to us!

Nobody answered to my questin about it previously, but now I now that we currently don't have it in game.

our inner demon should whisper to us, just like mage/priest artifacts do. inner demons are super important and integral part of who demon hunters are, we should get some hints from them or random comments on sorroundings.

I'm really surprised it is not a thing already.

source:Illidan book

7+ Year Old Account
    can you show us where illidans inner demon whispers to him? the only one that did (that i remeber) is the soul of guldan, but hes the only one who has doen that

also the arcane weapon, shadow, and demonology only talk because they are alive

cause normal demon hunters dont contain strong enough demons in them to hear the whispers, heck some demons cant even speak :P

felhunters,dreadstalkers,infernals,abyssals,oracles, felbats, felspiders?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-24 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I might go a little bit off-topic, but, Do the Frost DK artifacts whisper to you because they're actually from Frostmourne?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    can you show us where illidans inner demon whispers to him? the only one that did (that i remeber) is the soul of guldan, but hes the only one who has doen that

also the arcane weapon, shadow, and demonology only talk because they are alive

cause normal demon hunters dont contain strong enough demons in them to hear the whispers, heck some demons cant even speak :P

felhunters,dreadstalkers,infernals,abyssals,oracles, felbats, felspiders?
    I don't remember if Illidan's spoke, but definately the one of that guy, the one whos family was killed by the felhunter(?) spoke to him, whispered. And well, even these animal looking demons speak, maybe they can only do it while they are in 'soul form'. It is scary to think what a stronger demon can do, oh well, we don't need to think:

in the book it is explained that demon hunters must struggle all the time to contain the demon, and some, like Loramus let their inner demon sometimes out, or rather he takes control of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3abood909 View Post
    I might go a little bit off-topic, but, Do the Frost DK artifacts whisper to you because they're actually from Frostmourne?
    in some way, yes: you see a memory, spirit of Arthas that is commenting on the vents on the broken isles. and sometime sduring attacks you send a visions of arthas nad ner'zhul if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you could toggle it on/off it would get really annoying to have the same set of scripted lines repeated to you over and over ad nauseum. I guess that plays into the fantasy of struggling to deal with an antagonistic thing trapped inside you, but it would make for bad gameplay.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Unless you could toggle it on/off it would get really annoying to have the same set of scripted lines repeated to you over and over ad nauseum. I guess that plays into the fantasy of struggling to deal with an antagonistic thing trapped inside you, but it would make for bad gameplay.
    Yeah I agree with this. It'd be cool the first few times but then it'd just get annoying reading the same random lines of texts every five minutes.

"cmon, roll on that item. You know you want to to"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Don't need no inner demon for that

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Don't need no inner demon for that
    For 2 handed weapons maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    yeah, I think it would be easy mode for them to do it, probably like dk's voice over effect. death knights need to click on the lich king to get him talk on broken isles, but sp and mages don't. yeah, simple toggle would make it amazing, so amaaaaziiing

Deleted
    For 2 handed weapons maybe?
    Just bid on everything and sort out what you can and can't use later

Deleted
    actually it would be cool if it did so!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    yeah, I think it would be easy mode for them to do it, probably like dk's voice over effect. death knights need to click on the lich king to get him talk on broken isles, but sp and mages don't. yeah, simple toggle would make it amazing, so amaaaaziiing
    again its because arcane mages, shadow priest, and demo lock weapons are alive, thats why they get talked to, the rest dont...

10+ Year Old Account
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl used to do that if you had it equipped, telling you to murder everyone.

Was fun times.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Deleted
    again its because arcane mages, shadow priest, and demo lock weapons are alive, thats why they get talked to, the rest dont...
    I'm not speaking about other artifacts, I'm talking about dh's inner demon, he is well enough and likes to wiggle struggle and put dh's in their places. and yes, they talk, horrible things too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl used to do that if you had it equipped, telling you to murder everyone.

Was fun times.
    yeah! something something window to the soul ------ SHATTTTTERRRR ITTTT

Well, the book says clearly that every Demon Hunter hears the voice of their demon after they consume its heart. We could have this from time to time or in really important moments and not every line has to be with sound. The effect could be also from time to time, not every five minutes.

In general, this is actually a really cool idea. But I think it's too late for it to be added. Maybe in 7.1, but I really doubt Blizzard will ever make it happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I'm not speaking about other artifacts, I'm talking about dh's inner demon, he is well enough and likes to wiggle struggle and put dh's in their places. and yes, they talk, horrible things too.

yeah! something something window to the soul ------ SHATTTTTERRRR ITTTT
    AGAIN your talking about the mages and shadow priests getting whispered to, and im telling you why THEY are being whispered to...

AGAIN your talking about the mages and shadow priests getting whispered to, and im telling you why THEY are being whispered to...
    and demon hunters, by the new demon hunter lore, should be getting whispers from their inner demon as well.

i just read the lore for it last night, when they eat the heart and drink the blood, it binds the demon soul to theirs, and they have to deal with the demon speaking to them constantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    Well, the book says clearly that every Demon Hunter hears the voice of their demon after they consume its heart. We could have this from time to time or in really important moments and not every line has to be with sound. The effect could be also from time to time, not every five minutes.

In general, this is actually a really cool idea. But I think it's too late for it to be added. Maybe in 7.1, but I really doubt Blizzard will ever make it happen.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly!
    I know why they receive whispers. It was just an example of similar whispers
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and demon hunters, by the new demon hunter lore, should be getting whispers from their inner demon as well.

i just read the lore for it last night, when they eat the heart and drink the blood, it binds the demon soul to theirs, and they have to deal with the demon speaking to them constantly.
    Exactly!