Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If you didn't yet know, you can take off Addons by pressing 'ESC' -> Addons -> Uncheck/check those you need/don't need
    Last edited by mmoc5d474861aa; 2016-08-24 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so happy I didn't book time off around Legion release. I learned from WoD :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A variety of places with a variety of providers. What's your IP address?
    I lol'd so much

Still cant log on to fuc...g battle.net app

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ..well first of all I have to admit that you are 100% in right about DDos things and peoples who write about things which they even do not know how work, but since it looks you know something about DDos, will be better to explain peoples what is DDos, instead give lectures to same...

cheer!!!
    Amen to that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drewhodge View Post
    Cannot log in to wow. cannot go onto there website. even battlenet app...
    Blizzards got the Internet plague. Lord have mercy on your soul
    Weird. App login and websites are working for me, although the app doesn't load the contents it displays ("Oops! An error occured!" or something like that). However, can't login into WoW as well. Didn't try any of the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    If you didn't yet know, you can take off Addons by pressing 'ESC' -> Addons -> Uncheck/check those you need/don't need
    what does that have to do with anything...?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Seems to have improved now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    08/30 will be a great day... not -.-
    At least I know that I will be having a night to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Seems to have improved now
    Seems the same, still need to log in twice, just like it's been.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what does that have to do with anything...?
    Plebs way of solving lag issues without realising what the problem is actually about.

Quote Originally Posted by kibil View Post
    Another fail day by blizzard. A doing nothing really incisive about this ddos attacks. In less than a week we have a xpack going out and the service it's more instable yet.
    What can we say a company that makes billions of dollars with their games don't fix their shit. Sad...so sad.
    "Incisive"? Such as?

Oh, wait, you're just lashing out sniveling and crying, like a baby does, because "WANT! MOMMY I WANT!"

Go snivel at the little shitheads doing this, you might have more impact than the shit post you just wasted everyone's time with.

Dunno what's going on now but I kept getting instance aborted when trying to use a portal, got DC'd now I can't get back into the game. Checked the forums and the login button for the forums/account managament has disappeared

I just got this message right after spectating a friend in Hearthstone, didn't have this issue earlier.

Deleted
    I still can't connect to Battlenet. Can't play T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ..well first of all I have to admit that you are 100% in right about DDos things and peoples who write about things which they even do not know how work, but since it looks you know something about DDos, will be better to explain peoples what is DDos, instead give lectures to same...

cheer!!!
    Imagine a building's entrance door that has a security guard assigned to it. The guard allows/denies people entry.

Imagine you are walking up to said security guard as someone with legitimate business in the building. You identify yourself, and you go in.

Now imagine that 10,000 people in a flash mob have walked up to said security guard trying to get in without any reason to actually be in the building. The security guard can determine whether or not each of those people should be there, but it takes exactly the same amount of time as it will takes to clear you, even though their purpose for being there is not legitimate. Vetting the individuals in front of you therefore adds up and significantly slows down your ability to get into the building, because the security guard is overwhelmed by the number of people trying to get in.

While extremely simplistic, the above scenario is essentially a real world version of what is happening in a DDoS. The equipment which handles network traffic is bombarded with data packets from a large number of computers leveraged via a bot net. The network hardware has more information being sent to it than it can handle and is thus overwhelmed.

Since the entire job of this equipment is to receive those packets, a DDoS becomes almost close to impossible to guard against ahead of time. You have to receive and handle the packet before you can tell whether or not it is legitimate, by which time it's too late: you already wasted cycles handling the data.

I'm significantly simplifying things here, but I hope that should help you envision why these attacks are horrendous to mitigate.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2016-08-24 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    Seems like the problem was mine...i had to renew my DNS information on /cmd

Only found out today -__-