Poll: Do you support Blizzard adding more Mythic Only Raid Bosses in the future?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I wish that is all mythic was, like old school Ulduar activated hard modes. I think they had it perfect with that. Not every boss needs to be that way, but the ones that are can be very difficult. I don't think the current 4 difficulties of the same raid is a good way to go about it.

Mythic raiding is already an extremely tiny portion of the subscriber base, Dedicating more resources towards that is a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if it was something silly and irrelevant to the main storyline. Mythic raiding has a big gate of entrance for the majority, which makes it a very unpopular gaming method. If they put a extra boss, and it's relevant to the completion of the overwall storyline you initiated, it will break the continuity of a storyline that initiated in a good, popular setup but that will end in the bowels of Mythic Raiding, which almost no one participates if you look at the overall percentages.

It would be Cho'gall fiasco x 2.

But if it was a random boss, not connected to the main storyline... It would be cool. What if after Emperor Mar'gok you challenged a Three-headed Ogre monstruosity? That would be cool, and irrelevant to the main questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Non of raid bosses are lore dependent. There is barely any lore in raids. You go there to kill those bosses everyting about them was told outside of game and instances. Yell lines have barely any meaning then being there as aggro lines.
    Just because there isn't a quest doesn't mean there isn't lore. If it wasn't lore related why would we have dealt with throne of thunder? Why not just leave it for the shado-pan? There was an entire zone dedicated, ramping up to lei-Shen. He was the final boss besides ra-den. The big baddie. Then garrosh comes out of no where corrupting vale, and we need to go stop him or he's gonna destroy everything because he's consumed by pride.

Or black rock foundry, the fortress and factory of the iron horde. Or icecrown citadel. Or ulduar. Even Trial of the crusader had lore.

Every raid, including vanilla raids has lore tied to them. Every single one of them.

If that's not lore, I don't know what is. There may not be lore inside the raid feeding you text to read non stop, but that doesn't mean the figures inside aren't created for a reason. The instance journal has a brief lore description of most lore bosses cataclysm and forward.

Definitely yes.

Nope because then your locking lore behind a difficulty mode.

Want to give exclusive mounts,titles,gear,pets and so on to Mythic mode that's cool. But locking lore behind a difficulty setting is bad and I have never cared for it in any game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Non of raid bosses are lore dependent. There is barely any lore in raids.
    Shows you don't know anything about the lore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Bosses not available in LFR - I'd support that. But mythic only bosses - no.

Content should not be limited to small portion of base, for many players mythic is not new content and it should stay that way. People who do mythic do it for challenge, mounts and titles. They have enough rewards. Let heroic raiders who are not interested in mythic or don't want to leave their friends to raid mythic see content too.
    Of course there should be content that's available for only a very select few. The communist approach of everything for everyone turns this game into Disney Princess Enchanted Castle Adventure. As an analogy, there are millions of kids around the world that are inspired by say, Lebron and practice basketball like crazy to be as good as him. Will 99.999% of them ever be as good or as famous? No. Deep down do they know that? Yes. Is it a positive inspirational driver for them anyway? Absolutely. Inclusiveness and accessibility for all has whitewashed and homogenized the living shit out of this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Mythic raiding is already an extremely tiny portion of the subscriber base, Dedicating more resources towards that is a waste.
    I don't see mythic-only content as only serving mythic raiders. I see it as a motivator for the majority of players...especially the ones who have kept this game afloat. e.g. not the fair-weather, active for one month out of the year casual types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I never said they shouldn't exist. Just not being tied to the lore in any significant way. Otherwise, sure, give it a mount and a fun title to give some incentive and have at it.

First off, "probably" is the key word in that first sentence.
    As for the last sentence, you don't know what you saw because you don't have any data to say that it was people that would only ever do LFR that quit the game after 2 months. So many people stopped playing the game after the first two months because there was sweet FA to do that was worth doing. WoD was an awful expansion. People only doing LFR as raiding are far more likely to stick around because they'll have other things they fill all their time with in WoW.
    wod raiding was pretty good, just sucked we didnt get a middle tier.
    I do know that there is a ton of people pugging raids whenever a patch hits and those people are mostly casual
    I guess we will see what they do, but I think they might do something heroic/mythic exclusive insentivise people running higher difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I don't see mythic-only content as only serving mythic raiders. I see it as a motivator for the majority of players...especially the ones who have kept this game afloat. e.g. not the fair-weather, active for one month out of the year casual types.
    The problem with that is you're not the majority of players, And the majority of players aren't bothered about doing Heroic raids let alone Mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.