Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You say video but i see none
    There is a link in the original post:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cGdQgZ6fzPWHEJlHdLGEw

Also, people complaining about rushing the levelling experience: you don't need to rush if you don't want to, and you can still use this guide even if you're not rushing.
    For me rushing through levelling on expansion launch is great, I enjoy it with the added benefit that the pugs the first 3 days are absolutely great and every expansion I enlarge my friendlist with many skilled people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    7 hours is probably doable.
    If you just want to rush through the zones then leveling in Legion is really fast. Some of the quests and quest texts are really intresting and/or funny though, so I'd put some time into actually reading them but whatever.
    Only gonna be paying attention to my class hall related stuff on the first char and maybe the second. Alts are for messing around.

In your videos you have rested XP making your "7" hours a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeki Breeki View Post
    Yikes. It's a good thing rested experience isn't eaten up by quests...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeki Breeki View Post
    Except that I've levelled about 10 chars and have achieved 6.45-7.30 on every char, without any rested xp.

I've made these videos 2 days before leaving on holiday, so that some guildmates who didn't have beta could see what we are going to do on launch. Since I didn't do it in one sitting, i do have about 5 bars rested xp or so... There are also a few points in which I mess up in the video, like dieying in an elevator because i cancelled iceblock to early, jumping down a cliff with my goblin kite on a 20sec cd etc. if you watched the videos you'd see i'm also lvl 100 in HM, and lvl 100 in azsuna.

Try the route yourself and you'll see you can get 7hours.

But congratz on trying to prove i'm a liar though :/
    Last edited by aesthir; 2016-08-24 at 09:20 AM.

While the info shared here is true your are not gonna achieve the same times if you haven't practiced doing this yourself on beta

A lot of time is saved from not having to look at a guide at the same time your questing

If u haven't played beta I would estimate the time for doing this would be around 10-12 hours

I'm curious on the stormheim starting choice, feels risky with a instanced start due to crashes or what are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2016-08-24 at 04:05 PM.

Based on video length

aszuna p2 54
    aszuna p1 46
    valsharsh 75
    storm p2 113
    storm p1 46
    high moutain 49
    high moutain 70

453m = 7h 33m
    Last edited by sgtcook; 2016-08-24 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Math fail lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtcook View Post
    Based on video length

aszuna p2 54
    aszuna p1 46
    valsharsh 75
    storm p2 113
    storm p1 46
    high moutain 49
    high moutain 110

493m = 8h 12m
    Your math is off. Total is actually 7h36m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtcook View Post
    Based on video length

aszuna p2 54
    aszuna p1 46
    valsharsh 75
    storm p2 113
    storm p1 46
    high moutain 49
    high moutain 110

493m = 8h 12m
    Haha.. 1h10m =/= 110

Could OP explain what you'll do first once Legion starts? You had your artifact weapon in your first video already, didn't you?
    How will the game introduce you to that and what to avoid/keep in mind there (to avoid getting stuck in a zone or something like that.)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-24 at 05:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Haha.. 1h10m =/= 110

Could OP explain what you'll do first once Legion starts? You had your artifact weapon in your first video already, didn't you?
    How will the game introduce you to that and what to avoid/keep in mind there (to avoid getting stuck in a zone or something like that.)
    Launch happens, we get a quest to get Khadgar to teleport Dalaran from above Karazhan to the Broken Isles. Once that load screen is done, you go find whoever gives you your artifact questline and immediately start it. That will lead you to choosing your artifact -> then to your class hall -> then to your first leveling zone.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Launch happens, we get a quest to get Khadgar to teleport Dalaran from above Karazhan to the Broken Isles. Once that load screen is done, you go find whoever gives you your artifact questline and immediately start it. That will lead you to choosing your artifact -> then to your class hall -> then to your first leveling zone.
    So the best spot for our characters to be on launch is Dalaran above Kara?

You cant judge how quick a zone will go if you do multiple starting at 100. At that level your gear is still a massive advantage. You kill speed, and thus zone clear times will be slower in later zones. Even the ring gets nerfed to almost nothing by 109. I would say 8:30-9:00 is a more accurate time for 100-110

Quote Originally Posted by Cerumo View Post
    You cant judge how quick a zone will go if you do multiple starting at 100. At that level your gear is still a massive advantage. You kill speed, and thus zone clear times will be slower in later zones. Even the ring gets nerfed to almost nothing by 109. I would say 8:30-9:00 is a more accurate time for 100-110
    but he has youtube vids of him going from 100-110 in 7 hours 36 mins??

id also say fire mage is 1 of the slower leveling specs out there

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    but he has youtube vids of him going from 100-110 in 7 hours 36 mins??
    But he starts both Azsuna and Highmountian at 100, its different chars. I am not saying 7:36 is impossible, but this is not video evidence of 100-110 in 7:36.

There is also no artifact quest or time in Dal included
    Last edited by Cerumo; 2016-08-24 at 09:36 PM.

My last two characters were 6h30m from login to 110. It's quite doable. I'd say 9-10 hours for someone who leveled one or two characters on beta months/weeks ago but didn't really practice, 12 hours for someone that's focusing on 110 but is new to the content, and 14+ for someone that's new, taking their time to read everything, and explore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    So the best spot for our characters to be on launch is Dalaran above Kara?
    I guess it just depends on the lag at launch. Some people were talking about logging out in Duskwood or another close area, instead of risking it. Personally, I'll be right on top of Khadgar when the Legion switch is flipped.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I achieved server first lvl 100 in WoD, more than an hour ahead of the 2nd lvl 100 thanks to a feral druid's guide of the beta (this allowed me to finish shadowmoon valley in 30minutes and get ahead of everyone else). Unfortunately he didn't make any guides for legion, so when I got into the beta I decided to make a guide myself.
    I'm guessing I'm that feral druid that you are referring too. Congrats on your server first in WoD. Back in the WoD beta I was just leveling to see how fast I could go. I didn't have the intention of making a guide. The request to make a guide was sprung on me at the last minute. Someone named Elvine asked me to make a leveling guide for his website.

I wasn't too happy with the outcome of the guide. I was originally just leveling because I had nothing else to do and I wanted to see how fast I could get based solely on my intuition. I didn't do any research for it. Because of that, people ended up at level 100, but probably were set back with their garrison, which effectively canceled out the benefits of reaching level 100 quickly. I also didn't care about rares.

The only redeeming quality of the guide was the "exploit" in Shadowmoon Valley that allowed you to enter Anguish Fortress before you were supposed to and loot the 10 treasures inside to get you very far ahead of the competition. The rest of it was crap imo. I was so burnt out after the amount of time I spent on it that I never touched the guide again after WoD went live and even felt somewhat embarrassed by it.

Anyway, thanks for making a guide. I came up with some strategies myself, but I've mostly been focusing on making my UI more efficient and effective. I'm also attempting to make weakauras-based UIs for all dps and tank specs on the beta. I'm about halfway done with that. I'm eventually going to put them somewhere for people to download if anyone happens to be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerumo View Post
    But he starts both Azsuna and Highmountian at 100, its different chars. I am not saying 7:36 is impossible, but this is not video evidence of 100-110 in 7:36.

There is also no artifact quest or time in Dal included
    The artifact quest time takes 15min, I messed up multiple times on the videos and missed 2 quest areas that are mentioned in the guide. I've dinged 110 in 6.55 last time I've used my guide. I haven't uploaded those videos because of my internet limit. You literally spend less than 2minutes in dalaran as mage since you have a teleport to your class hall.

Also levelling doesn't really slow down up to 110, as you can see by me getting 107-108 in 38min, every single level is about 35-45min (even 109-110).
    100-101 is actually the slowest one since you have the 15min artifact quest and then the flying to your first zone (atleast the mage artifact quest barely gives xp, and I don't understand guides saying they're good xp, since for mage they are horrible xp).

As someone pointed out already, mage isn't a very fast levelling spec, it goes so much faster on my rogue.

I love how you are criticising the timing while I'm the only person who actually provided some evidence, instead of ppl claiming 6 hours with 0 proof. If you actually watched the videos, I even type in chat on the video what I messed up and how to improve it, so you'd clearly see how you can decrease the time even further.

Levelling time even increases further if you run the dungeons when you get the quest, but this guide does not require them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polihayse View Post
    I'm guessing I'm that feral druid that you are referring too. Congrats on your server first in WoD. Back in the WoD beta I was just leveling to see how fast I could go. I didn't have the intention of making a guide. The request to make a guide was sprung on me at the last minute. Someone named Elvine asked me to make a leveling guide for his website.

I wasn't too happy with the outcome of the guide. I was originally just leveling because I had nothing else to do and I wanted to see how fast I could get based solely on my intuition. I didn't do any research for it. Because of that, people ended up at level 100, but probably were set back with their garrison, which effectively canceled out the benefits of reaching level 100 quickly. I also didn't care about rares.

The only redeeming quality of the guide was the "exploit" in Shadowmoon Valley that allowed you to enter Anguish Fortress before you were supposed to and loot the 10 treasures inside to get you very far ahead of the competition. The rest of it was crap imo. I was so burnt out after the amount of time I spent on it that I never touched the guide again after WoD went live and even felt somewhat embarrassed by it.

Anyway, thanks for making a guide. I came up with some strategies myself, but I've mostly been focusing on making my UI more efficient and effective. I'm also attempting to make weakauras-based UIs for all dps and tank specs on the beta. I'm about halfway done with that. I'm eventually going to put them somewhere for people to download if anyone happens to be interested.
    I only used the shadowmoon guide to enter Anguish fortress to collect the treasures there, it helped me a lot to get into gorgrond before everyone else even though I was far behind everyone else at the start because I couldn't login , so thank you^^

For me the garrison was not an issue at all btw
    Last edited by aesthir; 2016-08-25 at 09:13 AM.

I do also think 6 hour claims are BS, your guide proves that you can do it in 8, not 7 like your title says. Its just misleading is all. You are replacing the 108-110 segment, arguably the slowest segment, with a brand new ovegeared 100-102 section. This is not going to be a segmented run, it will be RTA. I am not trying to downplay the content in the guide, as a lot of it is amazing and I'm sure will help tons of people. I for one really liked the highmountian route.
    Last edited by Cerumo; 2016-08-25 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    The artifact quest time takes 15min, I messed up multiple times on the videos and missed 2 quest areas that are mentioned in the guide. I've dinged 110 in 6.55 last time I've used my guide. I haven't uploaded those videos because of my internet limit. You literally spend less than 2minutes in dalaran as mage since you have a teleport to your class hall.

Also levelling doesn't really slow down up to 110, as you can see by me getting 107-108 in 38min, every single level is about 35-45min (even 109-110).
    100-101 is actually the slowest one since you have the 15min artifact quest and then the flying to your first zone (atleast the mage artifact quest barely gives xp, and I don't understand guides saying they're good xp, since for mage they are horrible xp).

As someone pointed out already, mage isn't a very fast levelling spec, it goes so much faster on my rogue.

I love how you are criticising the timing while I'm the only person who actually provided some evidence, instead of ppl claiming 6 hours with 0 proof. If you actually watched the videos, I even type in chat on the video what I messed up and how to improve it, so you'd clearly see how you can decrease the time even further.

Levelling time even increases further if you run the dungeons when you get the quest, but this guide does not require them.

- - - Updated - - -

I only used the shadowmoon guide to enter Anguish fortress to collect the treasures there, it helped me a lot to get into gorgrond before everyone else even though I was far behind everyone else at the start because I couldn't login , so thank you^^

For me the garrison was not an issue at all btw
    Would you say that it's worth doing the artifact quest at level 102 to get your alt weapons? I've only done them all on my Paladin and they're full of RP slowness.