Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    Each time people talk about the expansion after Legion, I think of Azshara related expansion. And since that has somethying to do with water, I'm really scared, taken how bad Vashj'Ir was (or anything we do underwater).
    Vashjir is one of the best leveling zones in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    If I remember right it was Mannoroth that mentioned that he thought she rivaled Archi/KJ in strength, but I'll just get my boyfriend to confirm. He can probably read that book series from memory.
    Nah, he said only they can prove to be her superior. The quote directly taken from the book is "Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior. Try as he might, the demon would have found it easier to throttle himself than the queen".
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. However, some bits and pieces are still there, so I wouldn't say they are "truly dead". I won't be surprised if in the (probably far) future, we'd be trying to revive / reawaken those spirits to gain their powers / blessings temporarily to fight against Sargeras. Just a theory, but that's probably how we'd be able to fight against him at all, unless Blizzard want to nerf Sargeras to our level (but it wouldn't be as cool!).
    I've avoided most Legion info, but a bit has creeped through about devices called the Pillars of Eternity (I think) that the Titans left behind. They're named after the Pantheon, so I suspect they might be closely tied to them - we might be tapping those spirits sooner than you think. These instruments might be used to either fight Sargeras, or help Azeroth itself fight Sargeras.

I doubt we'll defeat Sargeras himself this expansion (or ever in-game), but Sargeras' defeat in lore may come when Azeroth the Titan is finally ready to awaken, and she fights and destroys Sargeras directly. This expac, we might face the Avatar of Sargeras buried in the Tomb as a kind of final enemy that we destroy before Sargeras has a chance to take full possession of it and use it to destroy the world. We destroy the avatar, we seal the portal, we stop the invasion... and we buy Azeroth more time to grow stronger and awaken, to face Sargeras when she's ready. The whole reason Sargeras wants to invade and use portals and avatars to bring himself to Azeroth ASAP is because he's afraid Azeroth would surpass him if she awakens at her full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There may be some soap operas that run endlessly, but TV shows do get cancelled. Yes, some botch the last season, or have a crappy one in the middle - but what TV show keeps running despite it being shit? GoT will be over with season 8 although it is hugely successful and that universe could probably be spun out even without the author of the books. Breaking Bad knew when to end.

With WoW I see a bit of a problem in that we always need bigger foes. Ilidan was a good endboss. Arthas as THE lore figure was great in WotLK, but then you have the problem of how to top a Cataclysm. Peaceful and lush Pandaria seem very anticlimactic tbh.

Then you have all the great and dead lore figures, so..hey..time travel. Meh...and as that didn't go well, they are no kinda digging up the last big threat (that we thought we knew). So ...Legion "too soon"? I am very intrigued how WoW will go from here in 2018....
    If you have good writing you don't need to constantly keep upping the strength factor. Hell, I'd say shows/ series/ games where you constantly get a new 'BIGGER BAD' is actually bad writing. Look at the most recent and really well received marvel film, captain america 3. The scale / badguy in that movie was WAAAAY less 'big bad' then the it's preceding movies. And yet, it's been considered one of the best marvel films (especially when looking at the last ~5).

While i'm incredibly hyped for legion, I can't help but feel like the powercreep is getting waaaaaay too large. I already felt like that in WOD with us being commander and all that, and it's getting even worse in legion with them placing us on the lvl as thrall/ insert other prominent lore figure. It feels so shallow when I, as the lord commander of the horde, am standing between 25 other lord commanders. Let us be infantry, not heroes...

I just think it's funny that so many people think they know everything about the story involving the Void/Void Lords/Old Gods despite most of that story still having yet to be revealed. Chronicle volume 1 only tells so much. There are still more volumes to come.

Deleted
    Understandable. Also the example of Captain America 3. Just not sure if the comparison of films vs games works. I mean...what would you guys like to see as the next x-pac then?
    I'd like to see an underwater/island expansion with Azshara. Original, I know.

Or maybe a (intact) Titan planet. Ulduar style.

Deleted
    Yeah, the underwater thingy. I guess it will kinda need to be re-imagined. I felt they did it as right as they could in Vashir, and I still skipped it as much as possible.

About Titans I don't know so much. People here claim they are all pretty much dead? So....time travel / AU again, or something where it turns out we were misinformed?
    What does it matter if they're dead? Ordered world are (or can be) full of servants/watchers/constructs etc running the places.

We could also rebuild them :P.

The concept of the void has been around since at least the Burning Crusade. I don't see this as extending lore as much as expanding on existing lore.

Understandable. Also the example of Captain America 3. Just not sure if the comparison of films vs games works. I mean...what would you guys like to see as the next x-pac then?
    I actually read a comment here about maybe us losing to the legion. Having to run away/ flee to a different planet. That could workm

Maybe something else that has to do with us being discoverers/adventurers.

Some kind of power reset (eg for besting the avatar of sargeras we need to sacrifice our power /artifact weps)

Quote Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
    I actually read a comment here about maybe us losing to the legion. Having to run away/ flee to a different planet. That could workm

Maybe something else that has to do with us being discoverers/adventurers.

Some kind of power reset (eg for besting the avatar of sargeras we need to sacrifice our power /artifact weps)
    Abandoning Azeroth would be truly game over, it is the most powerful Titan that was ever discovered and Sargeras no longer intends to destroy her, but rather corrupt her, so there would be two Titans out there leading the legion.

Deleted
    why is a warlock pet called voidwalker when it has no legs?

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    Old gods can easily be killed without hurting Azeroth... we the players did it, twice. Only the Titans couldn't kill them without hurting Azeroth, because it involved them ripping the parasites from Azeroth and slamming them back down again...

And yes, OP, the void (NOT the old gods), is a more potent foe than the Burning Legion.
    All we did was push them back

Think I will actually have more interest in the story once the Demon / Sargeras are dealt with... Since the "future" story seems to be pointing towards the "void" / Shadow Realm / Spirit realms from what I can tell...

While I joined the game story at the peak of the Dragons, and Dragons are what got me interested in the story and games, I was rather sad to see that part of the story end / get cut off.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Why do all the haters go crazy about "the Void extend the franchise blah blah blah"? We knew since TBC that the Void is out there and it superior to the Legion.

The guy in Arcatraz said it. The Ethereals implied it. Just because people didn't notice, that's not the lore's fault. The only difference is that it is now more public and official via the Chronicle.

I understand why it is new to some people. However, there were people like me out there who vouched for a Void-like theme and found the Fel stuff boring all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. However, some bits and pieces are still there, so I wouldn't say they are "truly dead". I won't be surprised if in the (probably far) future, we'd be trying to revive / reawaken those spirits to gain their powers / blessings temporarily to fight against Sargeras. Just a theory, but that's probably how we'd be able to fight against him at all, unless Blizzard want to nerf Sargeras to our level (but it wouldn't be as cool!).
    How are the Titan spirits gonna do anything to help us defeat Sargeras when the Titans massively powerful bodies and spirits combined still got their asses beat? It makes zero sense.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2016-08-25 at 02:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This "void" concept is boring.

Was it just made up so they could extend Lore and by doing so the Warcraft franchise after we have killed everything?
    Completely agree. It's just outstretched shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Completely agree. It's just outstretched shite.
    Legion isn't even out yet...... And I'm already sick of demons thanks to Tanaan and HFC. I'm glad Legion zones do have variety. I'm sick of the green shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Alas, WoW needs more loot pinatas, so they butchered the lore some more to give us a new enemy once the real enemy of this franchise is no more. Kinda what they did after Arthas had been defeated and look how that turned out. Whowing, Pandas (ok MoP story wasn't so bad) and Alternate Orcs, yay.
    Whowing was already a stupid nickname in Cata, it didn't change now. Deathwing is a character that was established few years before Arthas. Glorifying Arthas and lack of awareness of Deathwing prior to Cata is usually a mark of a player who also lacks the awareness that the number 3 in Warcraft 3 is there for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they would be, if they could delve into shadow without being consumed by it.

a warlock will only feel an urge to be more chaotic if it reaches for more power. a shadow priest will lose its mind.
    Fel energy carries similar inherent risks. Consume excessive fel you probably just get torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post

Titans, except Sageras, are all dead.
    Old Gods cannot be killed without hurting Azeroth.

It's basically the forces of Azeroth and the Naaru VS the Legion and the Void.
    Are you 100% sure about that 1st one?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!