Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What is the best warlock spec in legion?

I 'm confused about what is the best specification for the next expansion , which is a spec which deals the most damage
    Last edited by kiruax; 2016-08-24 at 02:28 PM.

loloololololololololololololololol

come on dawg

nobody knows for sure yet because simcrafts are not entirely finished yet (no sims for demo), also there's no data on legendaries etc.

For leveling and dungeons though destruction is probably going to be the best, and frankly, looking at its kit vs the affliction/demo kit plus the recurring sim results, it is likely (but not guaranteed!) that destro could be the best in raids as well.

Raids are very far from now, and lots of changes will happen till then. Unfortunately, everyone wants to know because of these damned artifacts, so I too am eager to know sooner rather than later what spec to invest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    nobody knows for sure yet because simcrafts are not entirely finished yet (no sims for demo), also there's no data on legendaries etc.

For leveling and dungeons though destruction is probably going to be the best, and frankly, looking at its kit vs the affliction/demo kit plus the recurring sim results, it is likely (but not guaranteed!) that destro could be the best in raids as well.

Raids are very far from now, and lots of changes will happen till then. Unfortunately, everyone wants to know because of these damned artifacts, so I too am eager to know sooner rather than later what spec to invest in.
    i've heard a lot of people are leveling demo and playing affliction for dungeon farming/mythics early on. with that being said, destro will most likely be everyone's main spec initially going into the first raid unless some major changes occur

Deleted
    Unlike other classes, Warlocks actually have different specs excelling at different aspects of the game.

-Destruction was and still is the go-to spec for progression raiding due to its relatively good toolkit (excellent cleave, mediocre single target, best target switching of the three specs).
    -Affliction is amazing in the outside world due to its selfheal and the high DPET instant casts allowing you to tag multiple mobs. It is also assumed to be the best for mythic+ 5mans because of its AoE.
    -Demo has the best single target and burst AoE. It comes with a lot of downsides, though.

With current tuning, there is no such thing as a general "best spec". I will go Affliction despite wanting to raid because if I wanted to deal direct damage, I wouldn't play the gimped mage - I'd play the proper one. Demo has too many downsides to its playstyle for it to be interesting to me.
    Last edited by mmocac9ee8a52f; 2016-08-24 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Hi,

quick question what build would you go as affli for aoe

greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by kiruax View Post
    I 'm confused about what is the best specification for the next expansion , which is a spec which deals the most damage
    Mage

If you have to play Warlock, then from what I've read it is typically Destruction in all end game content.
    It's "should have" and "could have." When a native English speaker uses of in place of have, he or she looks ignorant.

I am between Afflic or destro, i like afflic style, but destro is better for raid

Deleted
    For Mythic + prolly Affli is spec to go. For raiding idk, because i didnt test any raid

Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    -Affliction is amazing in the outside world due to its selfheal and the high DPET instant casts allowing you to tag multiple mobs. It is also assumed to be the best for mythic+ 5mans because of its AoE.
    IIRC Afflic is really only good AoE after getting the golden trait that causes things to explode when you kill the correct? Because other than that for AoE we only have Phantom Singularity on a decent CD and Seed of Corruption which is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    IIRC Afflic is really only good AoE after getting the golden trait that causes things to explode when you kill the correct? Because other than that for AoE we only have Phantom Singularity on a decent CD and Seed of Corruption which is terrible.
    I thought Seed of Corruption with Sow the Seeds and Phantom Singularity was pretty powerful on Mythic+ trash, is this wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruax View Post
    single target demo according to sims as of today ,demo is strongest single target of all ranged classes.

Still u will play destro at start. No more options.

show me

Quote Originally Posted by zumba View Post
    single target demo according to sims as of today ,demo is strongest single target of all ranged classes.
    Can you provide a link to these sims please?

The best spec is the one the devs decide to hotfix.

At least destro has more strengths than weaknesses.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Destruction for raiding, Affliction for mythic + dungeons, Demo for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Destruction for raiding, Affliction for mythic + dungeons, Demo for fun
    Good one, really funny xD

demonology cause floating skull artifact
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.