Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think theres a difference between ganking a lowbie and camping them. Plus they can always ask for assistance which helps create world pvp.
    thats the exact thing you pointed out right there. getting ganked??.. oh well it happens.. captain asshat won't leave you alone? thats the problem i have with it. so like i said in a previous post my guildies and i have a solution and every once in a while we go into action. the problem i have with the just ask for help is when a lowbie does, out of 10 replies 7-8 are omg pvp happened? or getgudscrub or go roll hellokitty pve realm... thats the reality of what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    So basically you're Jaina. Show us where the bad hordies touched you?
    Why do you think I am allowed to attack you?

Whats your definition of World of WARcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    Perhaps you're playing on PVP-hub realms where all pvp players of one faction flock to thus skewing the A:H ratio so much that there's basically nobody to gank you?
    i've mostly been on servers where my factions been outnumbered actually... gankers are quite few honestly most people just ignore you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    from reading the replies you'd think there where entire raids roaming every zone doing nothing but killing levellers.. funny i've never encountered such a thing in 10 years of playing on pvp servers.
    funny i've never gotten that from any of the posts so far? mind pointing one out for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If I prevent the enemy from growing in power and reaching their max level then ive done my job for the glorious Alliance. Long live Varian!

Bottom line, if its red, its dead.
    Somehow, I knew you would be that guy. I just knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    the problem i have with the just ask for help is when a lowbie does, out of 10 replies 7-8 are omg pvp happened? or getgudscrub or go roll hellokitty pve realm... thats the reality of what happens.
    Then that is an issue with the people in the zone, not the person ganking. I already said that its one thing that bothers me on pvp servers, no one actually wants to pvp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I already said that its one thing that bothers me on pvp servers, no one actually wants to pvp.
    so much truth brother !!

- - - Updated - - -

perfect example, just the other day I was in WoD nagrand and a player was alone and 5 opposing players decided to " gank" him/her.. that single player killed all 5 and guess what? all 5 opposing players took off.. what happened? i thought they wanted to pvp? guess they just wanted to grief , not pvp...

As someone who played exclusively PvE from BC-Cata, I can say that after the switch I've had significantly more fun playing the game. I would never go back to a PvE server.

I don't even consider myself a PvP player - I exclusively raid. But the amount of fun and challenge the occasional PvP encounter can add to the world while questing or whatever is awesome. Sometimes I feel like fighting and engage someone. Sometimes I don't and I have to alter my path to stay away. Sometimes I get griefed by a group and stand no chance. All part of the MMO experience imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    It must be the same people that hate level scaling because they love to one shot lvl 1 boars for some reason (some ego compensation through games)
    I am going to disagree with this part of your post. Otherwise, what is the point of gear / leveling / progression? Why not just have everything be evenly scaled? One-shotting lower level things isn't fun ... but it shows progression. Those boars that were once a challenge are now easy to kill because your character has travelled the world and grew and learned skills and power.

It's the same reason any (good) story is interesting. Harry Potter in book 7 would DESTROY Harry Potter from book 1 at wizarding ...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are players in my guild that if they had the option to turn off flagging on a pvp realm they would. they are ONLY still on that realm because of the guildies and friends they have, otherwise they would've been long gone already. pvp realms COULD return to its glory, but asshat players will not allow that. it's the player base that ruins it. i feel ganking is going to get worse now with legion coming out, but better for pvp realms cause ganking lowbies will not give you honor for your honor talents xp needed to unlock abilities, but 100 and just starting out on your alt? your fresh meat for the killing fields my friend..lol

Heres how I look at it:

If you are playing on the Horde, you are the enemy. You are my mortal enemy and I have sworn to my king (my new King Anduin now) to kill you on sight. I don't care if you dont have the combat skill / experience to be able to take me down, you are still working for the enemy.

It doesnt matter if I kill the guy loading the trucks full of ammunition, or if I kill the soldier on the front lines, bottom line is, I killed the enemy. If you are red, you are going to die no matter what. And the more I can keep the enemy from getting that combat experience and leveling up (ie make it harder for them to level) the better because it just keeps one more enemy from being an actual threat at max level.

Also, I think the whole invasion exp to be complete shit. Casuals shouldn't be able to level up so easily, and should do it the normal way by either running dungeons or questing like the rest of us had to.
    How many times did you get dropped on your head as a baby?

I am one of those people that would have left my pvp server long ago if it wasn't for my guild and friends. I get absolutely zero fun out of world pvp so I avoid it completely. 99 times out of 100 I just let you kill me but that 1 time out of 100 I remember I can bubble hearth...

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Rule 1 of MADGOOD "PvPer" in the server: WE DO NOT GANG ANYONE UNLESS WE OUTNUMBER HIM 5 TO 1 OR HE IS 10%!!!1ONEONELEVEN WE ALSO DO NOT GANG UNLESS HE HAS PULLED 10 MOBS ON HIM TO MAKE SURE HE GITS GUD AFTER WE KILL HIM.

Rule 2 of MADGOOD "PvPer" in the server: IF WE GET OUTPLAYED OR GANGED WE MAKE SURE TO POP EVERY COOLDOWN, IF WE STILL DIE WE CALL BACKUP FROM PVP GUILD CAUSE MADGOOD.

PvP servers are a thing of the past, forgotten concepts of when MMO's were RPG's, its more of an annoyance than anything now, has no concept of skill or "fun" cause there are no limitations to make it fun, i never understand what brain damage people have moving around with 1MHP, killing a character that has 5K.
    I sense so much butthurt feeling in this reply...

PvP server a thing of the past? Sorry but no. You have no clue how much fun it can be, especially when you are on the oppressing/winning side. Yeah it can hurt to loose/be ganked, but you can just say 'meh' to it and move on. Well, not everyone can apparently lol.

OP: rolling on a PvP is fun if you are into that, if you embrace the fact that opposing players can and and will attack. The world feels a LOT more dangerous.

Can it be annoying? Yeah a a bit, especially on a opposition-heavy server, but even on that kind of server there is something to be said. I remember killing hundreds of horde on a horde heavy realm pop (US-Burning Blade) because most of them never really cared or needed to care about PvP so had shit pvp gear. My alliance mage on the other hand was fully pvp geared and would destroy them. Fun? Hell yeah, horde everywhere to attack though you would be jumped by them in numbers a lot of the time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Most of the "world pvp" that so many people brag about is just about killing low level noobies .... So yeahhhh, barely any fun group battles or capital raids, just silly,lame ganking
    Though I've seen numerous times this act of ganking triggering a war between multiple guilds that expanded for hours. Some epic fun with wins/losses on both ends happening all because one person got ganked. Granted it doesnt happen all the time, but yeah, something that would never EVER really happen on a PvE realm. I would not trade this for anything, so many epic battles in the middle of "nowhere"... Oh and anyone here remember that week when crossrealm was bugged on molten front and you had literally thousands of corpses in the ground?! Freaking awesome!

Frustrating but murdering fuccibois who steal your mobs makes up for it.
    Last edited by Stoeger; 2016-08-24 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    I never played on a PvE-Server. I would go crazy if I could not kill people they annoy me. :O

Deleted
    The same as PvE servers + random named spawns in the world that die quickly and give honor.

Quote Originally Posted by geist0r View Post
    PvP servers are a magnet for human waste and house some of the worst scum you'll ever meet.

After reluctantly playing on them for years because friends were there, I've restarted on PvE servers and never looked back even for one second.
    me too, got 12 toons on a pvp server.. now i cant leave =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The only pvp server that actually has wpvp these days is Emerald Dream to my knowledge, which I have played on for quite some time now. Previously I was on (at the time the best) Kil'Jaeden until it died out near Cataclysm if I remember right, and essentially turned into a horde pve server after all the alliance bailed.
    This is what happens on most pvp servers though. The faction balance shifts to one of the two sides and then slowly becomes more and more inhospitable to levelling players of the opposite faction. Eventually the remaining players of the minority faction are at the mercy of the opposite one to allow them to make any progress outside of instanced content. Because if they were forced to pvp every time they wanted to accomplish something, the effort wouldn't be worth the frustration.

Cross-realm instancing can bring both the positives and negatives of a populated zone to the game. On my server, for instance, you will see 5 or 6 horde characters for every 1 alliance; which isn't really the answer to population problems that, as an alliance player, you could have hoped for.

All in all, i find it a relief when i make a friend on a pve realm to group up with, and, on the rare occassion that i get a dungeon group from those servers, the players seem more polite and play better together in general. Anecdotal as that experience may be.

Heres how I look at it:

If you are playing on the Horde, you are the enemy. You are my mortal enemy and I have sworn to my king (my new King Anduin now) to kill you on sight. I don't care if you dont have the combat skill / experience to be able to take me down, you are still working for the enemy.

It doesnt matter if I kill the guy loading the trucks full of ammunition, or if I kill the soldier on the front lines, bottom line is, I killed the enemy. If you are red, you are going to die no matter what. And the more I can keep the enemy from getting that combat experience and leveling up (ie make it harder for them to level) the better because it just keeps one more enemy from being an actual threat at max level.

Also, I think the whole invasion exp to be complete shit. Casuals shouldn't be able to level up so easily, and should do it the normal way by either running dungeons or questing like the rest of us had to.
    You're one weird mofo... I bet you cross dress as Horde in your spare time.

Deleted
    World pvp is pathetic nowadays, its never a random enounter and feels scripted and people mostly just look at each other nowadays and never do anything, faction pride is no longer a thing and world pvp is almost none existent, hopefully legion we will see more unscriped actual world pvp escilating into full on battles, instead of it not existing at all