Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    So those that are saying they are okay with Legion patchfinder and intend to sub for one month in Legion and call it quits? Good luck because you are being gated from being allowed to do that.
    Are you serious? you want to play for 1 month and unsub but you cant because then you wont be able to play?
    SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's a pretty good discussion in the other thread specifically about what the effects of locking content behind Mythic only dungeons which aren't in the matchmaking tool. Personally, I'm of the opinion that there's a certain amount of the playerbase that simply will not engage with Mythic-only content, and will be irritated and angry at feeling like they're being forced into pre-made groups, or feel like they're being denied access. I don't know if that's actually true, but knowing gamers, I think their perception is going to have more of an effect on their reaction.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Mythic only content. I just don't see the point. There's no reason to not have lower difficulties, or to have them accessible through the matchmaking tool. Mythic doesn't stop being mythic because there's other difficulties available. The rewards are higher, but so are the coordination and skill required to complete them. I'm just not really sure what Blizzard is trying to accomplish here, other than to get some players to just skip it entirely and stick with LFG/LFR, or just suck it up and do it once, then never return.

I don't think this is about difficulty, but instead about accessibility. I was under the impression that the entire point of not having Mythic difficulty in the matchmaking system was because the challenge wasn't something that a random group of people could accomplish very well. But if the blue post is accurate, that's no longer true, since people complete heroic difficulty all the time with LFD.

So why require people to travel to the entrance with a pre-made group as the only option to complete this content? How is the game improved by this?
    Part of the mythic only is meant to be the feel of a dungeon - if the dungeon is so piss weak you can just waltz through it loses a lot of its charm.

I dont mind there being lower difficulties, especially things like LFR... im in two minds about this, because really its not a lot more effort, but some people wil struggle initially - i dont think that should limit their access to obtaining flight.

Dont forget though, you can still form, or find a group for them with the group finder - maybe a push towards a little more social interaction rather than point, click, teleport, pewpewpew, loot, leave.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-08-24 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Are you serious? you want to play for 1 month and unsub but you cant because then you wont be able to play?
    SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the mythic only is meant to be the feel of a dungeon - if the dungeon is so piss weak you can just waltz through it loses a lot of its charm.

I dont mind there being lower difficulties, especially things like LFR... im in two minds about this, because really its not a lot more effort, but some people wil struggle initially - i dont think that should limit their access to obtaining flight.

Dont forget though, you can still form, or find a group for them with the group finder - maybe a push towards a little more social interaction rather than point, click, teleport, pewpewpew, loot, leave.
    why don't you stick with our guild and do as many mythic run as you want and stop telling other how they should play or what they need to do in game?

You guys need to stop sticking our nose in other peoples business don't you have to grind to be ready when mythic raid open? Go do our grind for our 0.1% dps and don't mind us pls.

And stop with this fucking social shit, everyone with eye know that the manual tool is IDENTICAL to the automated one full of retards and wanna be pro i have zero interest to be scrutinized by peoples who think that 0,1% dps is the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Was this a confirmation that Mythic wasn't actually part of the Pathfinder requirement, or just a Community Manager that's out of touch?
    no originally they intend to gate even the class hall behind the mythic dungeons, that was changed but the pathfinder not, i don't know if this is intended or they may have not realized that inside the sub achievement of suraman there are those dungeons.
    On a side note inside the same achievement it's required to kill xavius that mean that lfr only player will complete it in october and i'm not even sure if the lfr kill will count toward that.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    optional meaning you could skip them without losing anything beside the loot, now you had to do them at last 1 time to unlock flying.
    Yes they are mandatory if you want to unlock flying but most likely mythic raiders will not bother with it because the attunements necessary to unlock Court of Stars and Arcway is going to take too long. By then mythic raiders aka Ion Hazzikostas and his gang are going to be working on Nighthold which will release early 2017 on the heels of patch 7.1

So flying meta achievement aka Legion patchfinder is held hostage behind massive rep grinds and attunements.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-08-25 at 12:02 AM.

first off this thread is still a thing? There will be no flight for a while, get over it and move on. No amount of pissing and moaning in this thread is going to get it in game any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    first off this thread is still a thing? There will be no flight for a while, get over it and move on. No amount of pissing and moaning in this thread is going to get it in game any faster.
    There is going to be hell to pay for what they have done with patchfinder. I am going to watch on my little hill on the other side as the carnage unfolds in the coming weeks as people learn what they have done. It is not going to be pretty.

This is why I am taking a wait and see approach with spending money and tokens with regard to Legion or any WoW related products. Blizzard is acting all M Night Shyamalan lately...stop telling me what you intend to do, but show me for a change......you know Missouri the show me state?

Prove it by having Legion patchfinder in its entirety with clarity and clear goals. Right now they are acting like a used car salesman that tried to sell me a car without an AC unit and that they would add it in "later".

- - - Updated - - -

mythic dungeon was saying to be optional not mandatory to unlock flying, i wonder if karazhan is mandatory for part 2; i invite all the guys here who want to fly to write on twitter and on us official forum about this.
    We will find out as soon as Legion launches 7.1 goes on the PTR immediately. But yeah if part 2 is as extensive as legion patch finder part 1 requiring kara then a lot of players will be upset. Also it will probably give a gauge when flying will be available as 7.2 seems like the first opportunity. Flying in 7.1 would be a surprise but you never know.

Right now it is shaping up to be a huge disaster that could have been avoided. Oh well.

Flying is not an important feature of WoW. Move on.

There is going to be hell to pay for what they have done with patchfinder. I am going to watch on my little hill on the other side as the carnage unfolds in the coming weeks as people learn what they have done. It is not going to be pretty.

This is why I am taking a wait and see approach with spending money and tokens with regard to Legion or any WoW related products. Blizzard is acting all M Night Shyamalan lately...stop telling me what you intend to do, but show me for a change......you know Missouri the show me state?

Prove it by having Legion patchfinder in its entirety with clarity and clear goals. Right now they are acting like a used car salesman that tried to sell me a car without an AC unit and that they would add it in "later".

- - - Updated - - -

We will find out as soon as Legion launches 7.1 goes on the PTR immediately. But yeah if part 2 is as extensive as legion patch finder part 1 requiring kara then a lot of players will be upset. Also it will probably give a gauge when flying will be available as 7.2 seems like the first opportunity. Flying in 7.1 would be a surprise but you never know.

Right now it is shaping up to be a huge disaster that could have been avoided. Oh well.
    IF you arent buying legion please do us all a favor and move on from here also

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this thread still going? Are people just constantly randomly replying to the original post?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
    I'm dead - this is great. Second post too.
    good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

why don't you stick with our guild and do as many mythic run as you want and stop telling other how they should play or what they need to do in game?

You guys need to stop sticking our nose in other peoples business don't you have to grind to be ready when mythic raid open? Go do our grind for our 0.1% dps and don't mind us pls.

And stop with this fucking social shit, everyone with eye know that the manual tool is IDENTICAL to the automated one full of retards and wanna be pro i have zero interest to be scrutinized by peoples who think that 0,1% dps is the end of the world.
    errrr what? Where did i tell anyone how to play the game

The LFG tool allows you to filter out players you dont want to group with, so no its not the same as automatically being placed with anyone.
    If they dont want to group with you because you dont have mythic gear for heroics, thats their choice - but they probably want speed clears rather than progression fights with wipes. Both groups are equally ok in their own right (there is no issue with casual/lower skilled/high skill groups), but you cant ask the leader of one type to accomodate the other and expect he does so.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-08-25 at 01:44 AM.

BTW to whoever asked about rep, as a human:

82 per solo world quest
    275 for group world quest
    1650 bonus rep for doing 4 in a zone

yes I am crazy enough to try and rush finish the class campaign, I probably won't make it though, gated by 12 hour missions and I need 3 more after this mission finishes in a few hours.

errrr what? Where did i tell anyone how to play the game

The LFG tool allows you to filter out players you dont want to group with, so no its not the same as automatically being placed with anyone.
    If they dont want to group with you because you dont have mythic gear for heroics, thats their choice - but they probably want speed clears rather than progression fights with wipes. Both groups are equally ok in their own right (there is no issue with casual/lower skilled/high skill groups), but you cant ask the leader of one type to accomodate the other and expect he does so.
    I think this might be a lost in translation issue.

It should be added later on into the expansion, I really like ground mounts and I never get to use them in WoD anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    IF you arent buying legion please do us all a favor and move on from here also
    How about I watch what happens next week when players learn they will forced to do mythic dungeons as part of the legion patch finder while mythic raiders do not have to ever step foot into Arcway or Court of Stars?

Let me put it in another way...by the time a mythic raider will unlock Court of Stars and Arcway they are going to probably outgear it! So, why is Blizz making it obvious what they think of non raiding players?

The backbone of non raiders game play is world content and to have them pinned to the ground makes zero sense by holding flight hostage.

So Blizzard has decided a Mythic dungeon or two is needed to unlock flying? I'm okay with Pathfinder, but to make that a requirement? No, just no. It will be awhile before I get flying in Legion. My time is so limited at the moment I haven't even been able to complete the pre patch Acheivs yet, let alone have time to run any kind of a dungeon. Probably wont even step foot in Legion for now and concentrate on alts and stuff for awhile. I really could use to work on getting my professions more filled out with recipes that I still need to farm up from old content. Still plenty of old world content and acheivs I want to work on as well.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Then why have different difficulties for any instances content at all? Why isn't every dungeon and raid only available at a single setting? I'll tell you why: Because not everyone plays at the same level of skill, dedication, or interest.

The entire point of easier settings and the matchmaker is to provide accessibility to a broader range of players. You can't just remove the options specifically made for that range of players and call it good.

The people who primarily use the matchmaking tool to complete group content won't magically become mythic players. A few might step up because thwy have no other choice, but most will just avoid that content entirely.

This is very similar to what Blizzard tried to pull with removing flight. They're making the false assumption that the way they want people to play is the best or only way. What's next, removing LFR? We go back to 40 man raids where only specific specs are raid worthy?

This is a step in the wrong direction. Putting it as one of the requirements for Pathfinder isn't going to mitigate that. Ita just going to irritate MORE people.

This has nothing to do with promoting more social interaction. The LFG tool is just manual-LFD. You're still either playing with guildies(in which case you're already being social) or picking up randoms who you'll never see again(exactly like with LFD) Besides which, playing at lower difficulties using the matchmaking does not prevent or invalidate Mythic runs using the LFG tool.

The entire thing is stupid, baseless, and unthinking , exactly like removing flight, only without the semi-believable cover story.

Then why have different difficulties for any instances content at all? Why isn't every dungeon and raid only available at a single setting? I'll tell you why: Because not everyone plays at the same level of skill, dedication, or interest.

The entire point of easier settings and the matchmaker is to provide accessibility to a broader range of players. You can't just remove the options specifically made for that range of players and call it good.

The people who primarily use the matchmaking tool to complete group content won't magically become mythic players. A few might step up because thwy have no other choice, but most will just avoid that content entirely.

This is very similar to what Blizzard tried to pull with removing flight. They're making the false assumption that the way they want people to play is the best or only way. What's next, removing LFR? We go back to 40 man raids where only specific specs are raid worthy?

This is a step in the wrong direction. Putting it as one of the requirements for Pathfinder isn't going to mitigate that. Ita just going to irritate MORE people.
    You might have got the wrong impression from me here. I dont think flight should be restricted behind a difficulty setting, at all.
    On the other hand, I also dont think everyone should have access to everything though (and possibly because i play at a high level). I like the idea of a really hard boss or instance or encounter or world quest or whatever, that can only be done by the 'skilled' players.
    This is not to say the majority of the content should be inaccessible - but if 5% of it is locked to a particular range of players (the best of the best,people who do a lot of fishing, or people who do a lot of archaeology and so on) i dont have a problem with that. Some exclusive content is, IMO, a good thing as it offers an incentive to maybe try something new.

This has nothing to do with promoting more social interaction. The LFG tool is just manual-LFD. You're still either playing with guildies(in which case you're already being social) or picking up randoms who you'll never see again(exactly like with LFD) Besides which, playing at lower difficulties using the matchmaking does not prevent or invalidate Mythic runs using the LFG tool.
    Its manual LFD, but you have some control over your group. I really am not bothered if the mythics are added to the auto-queued system as well, but as you know, im not a fan of point-click-complete aspects of the game anyway
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-08-25 at 04:19 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Let's make sure to get a thread going that's like 20000 pages long to talk about it for several months.
    Hell yeah.

I'm happy with this, just like I was with it in WoD. I think this is one GREAT pattern that actually got started in WoD (I don't like many things that were started in WoD though, tbh haha) so they can keep doing this! Every expansion, you need to earn flying, and not just because you have lots of gold. Gold isn't impressive. Achievements are. 8)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

How about I watch what happens next week when players learn they will forced to do mythic dungeons as part of the legion patch finder while mythic raiders do not have to ever step foot into Arcway or Court of Stars?

Let me put it in another way...by the time a mythic raider will unlock Court of Stars and Arcway they are going to probably outgear it! So, why is Blizz making it obvious what they think of non raiding players?

The backbone of non raiders game play is world content and to have them pinned to the ground makes zero sense by holding flight hostage.
    i hope that is the case. Im a Mythic raider, let the people like you stay grounded

The votekicked functions does something similar, although with a little more randomness and a little more mitigating of the rampant unilateral BS and elitism you tend to find in premades.

One is not inherently better than the other. They are tools used for slightly different purposes, nothing more.