Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Looking at http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/110.html, I remember demonic being far below Fbarr on the sims. has Fbarr been nerfed or has the demonic simc been updated?
    That's got to be pure single target because fel barrage wouldn't fall behind chaos blades in a multi-target fight

I am rooting for Demonic ALL THE WAY, so this actually makes me pretty happy (although i really don't know what happened that provoked this change, neither of the 2 was involved in the recent fix O.o)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Prep beats it in just about all aoe situations anyway (even with one add), so we're talking maybe one fight in the expansion unless you get put on bitch duty somewhere that you'd use it. Even before the nerf.

People have been taking Pawkets sims (which are extremely crit skewed) as representing Dblades was / is best in all situations.. it's not, and it's ONLY because of that crit-skew which he noted when he posted 'em.

It wasn't enough to have it 2nd, they had to make it really shit, they're pushing the momentum -felrush playstyle more and more, in every tier that playstyle talent is the only real choice anymore, especially the first.

The third talent choice in second tier is a joke, even on sims it's shit, but actually having to pick up orbs is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by YoFro View Post
    That's got to be pure single target because fel barrage wouldn't fall behind chaos blades in a multi-target fight
    It is pure ST - most sims are unless specifically labelled otherwise

Deleted
    hello. I have a question.. last night i was on mythic raid with my guild. when i looked at my skada and auto attack i noticed there was 20% miss.. anyone can tell me if they have similar results?? or it's just me?

Quote Originally Posted by feanorm View Post
    hello. I have a question.. last night i was on mythic raid with my guild. when i looked at my skada and auto attack i noticed there was 20% miss.. anyone can tell me if they have similar results?? or it's just me?

I think that's just a dual wield thing all dual wielding classes have a miss chance on auto attacks or am I wrong about that?

Deleted
    i thought there is no more miss chance in wow

i thought there is no more miss chance in wow
    Dual wielding still has the miss penalty noted by Donovan - rogues have the same thing. I believe other classes have one as well but it's much less than dual wielding (5% or something vs. 20%). What got removed was hit *rating* that allowed you to never miss, or miss much more rarely.

Deleted
    hmm 20% is a lot i think

hmm 20% is a lot i think
    It's *only* white hits, and doesn't really matter that much. White damage isn't a huge amount of our damage, and I *think* rogues started (or were tried to start) to shift away from it recently.

Yea the ole Hit cap was always for Special Attacks (Yellow) not auto-attacks (White)

I think at one point we calculated the "never miss" cap to be around 30% hit back when Reforging was around. (If I recall correctly it was 7.5 normal, 12.5% spell, 30% Fury which was the only spec that actually wanted to hit every auto-attack)

Losing other stats to make the 30 was always a dps loss in the long run.

I hate that this knowledge is stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Yea the ole Hit cap was always for Special Attacks (Yellow) not auto-attacks (White)

I think at one point we calculated the "never miss" cap to be around 30% hit back when Reforging was around. (If I recall correctly it was 7.5 normal, 12.5% spell, 30% Fury which was the only spec that actually wanted to hit every auto-attack)

Losing other stats to make the 30 was always a dps loss in the long run.

I hate that this knowledge is stuck in my head.
    Oh jeez, trip down memory lane. Back in TBC we old combat rogues stacked hit rating above all else to reach that mythic cap. The main reason being the large portion of our damage was from auto-attacks (or proc'd from them with poisons, sword spec, and Windfury Totem). I remember the old spreadsheets and simple rotations (1s/3s/5r or 3s/5r).

Simpler times.

So was playing around with variations on SimC today.

What I tired to do was take 5k Crit off the default Import (as Crit is the highest stat) and distribute that around with various builds seeing if there were any big changes.

If curious take a look and let me know where I screwed something up (very possible since I had to do the sim like 12 times before it would stop compounding the stats of the sim before it)

http://www.jayinjersey.com/sims/magical5k.html

Also ran Havoc against all the other PreRaid APLs:

http://www.jayinjersey.com/sims/ClassComparison.html
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2016-08-24 at 10:39 PM.

quite interesting - they were updated last night, but i don't think anyone caught that. Gonna have to go over it and see what's going on (could be a gear thing as prep / dblades is)

Could also just be a ST thing as well
    Just wondering if you found anything on this? I'm super curious!

Any idea what a socket is worth in ilvls? For example if I get 2xshoulders and the other one is lower ilvl but with a socket.

throw glaive cooldown hotfixed to scale with haste? this is new right? check your tooltip on live

Quote Originally Posted by Schezuan View Post
    Just wondering if you found anything on this? I'm super curious!
    Talked to Pawkets; he said it may have moved up a bit for ST, but isn't anything significant.

Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    throw glaive cooldown hotfixed to scale with haste? this is new right? check your tooltip on live
    hmm.

mine showed 10s when logged in, then 8.88s when i tabbed out. Strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    It can bank 10 charges, not 2.
    But could only spend 2 charges at once or was that false information?

Talked to Pawkets; he said it may have moved up a bit for ST, but isn't anything significant.

hmm.

mine showed 10s when logged in, then 8.88s when i tabbed out. Strange.
    mine is definitely an 8.5 second cooldown, so, i'm gonna go ahead and say haste is a factor now. someone math us.

Hmmm, I see either bloodlet damage percentage being reduced, or both felblade and first blood getting decent boosts now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    mine is definitely an 8.5 second cooldown, so, i'm gonna go ahead and say haste is a factor now. someone math us.
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/102.html

Thats 10-11% higher than the other options now.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]