Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There are plenty of comps viable.

And when you look at tanks and healers there's a lot of combinations there.

Healing wise resto druid is looking quite good for mythic+; so are Shaman, Paladin and Holy Priest. Disc priest not so much, but that's to be expected. I'm not sure about monks as I haven't checked into those much yet.

Tanking wise there are also several options. Some of the tanks might be stronger for a specific version of mythic+ but there won't be huge discrepancy and most can do their job I'd say.

DPS on the other hand seems to be a bit different. There are quite a few number of specs that simply do not have the toolkit required to be good enough as certain things, such as AoE dps.
    Of course that doesn't take away that you can still easily perform with those specs and if the group is somewhat organized they can even work around it to some extend. But for a pug mythic+ or a situation where you get to pick and you have equal choice; those things play quite a big role.

For druid specific. Feral seems to be so-so on a lot of stuff due to their lack of proper AoE damage. It's very situation dependent though. If the AoE mobs are infrequent and die fast there might be a role for brutal slash. If most AoE consists of 2-4 mobs with quite a bit of health there is a good chance that multidot AoE works well too.
    Balance might be a bit better off overal. A lot of people seem to complain a bit about resource rampup, however with proper resource management and pooling before the next pull, you can probably do good AoE dps by starting fights with (near) full AP. In a mythic+ dungeon you'll mostly be chain pulling. And you still have moonmoon and maybe even Astral Communion.

I think it will be good if we have at least 1 dps spec viable, preferably both.
    Having them needed is not as big an issue to be frank; I'd still rather take a good viable-yet-not-needed class over a bad or so-so "needed"-class.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-08-24 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    i still think it's kinda stupid though that some people don't have to adjust to aoe at all, as the ST rotation is exactly the same and they still outperform druid by a mile *cough* marksmen *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Every class have to be equaly viable for mythic+. When you need to spend that much time on artifact weapon then you can't change class only to get into a mythic+ That is a terrible game design. One of the worst
    So you want all classes to play exactly the same? Because that's just about the only way to meet your demand.

Deleted
    I feel like feral is so dot focused now, on trash we will be totally useless with our poor FB's. and we only be good on ST and SLIGHT aoe..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Every spec will have a spot in Mythic dungeons. Every one. Now, there's a few things you can do. You can reroll to the best of the best specs right now, which is fine, but if you're such a player who cares only about performance, you wouldn't be here whining. Or you can just play what you like, because all specs are viable to at least mythic 10. Either way, these threads are pointless. You can care about performance AND play the spec you like, which is cool. No need to say you won't have a spot though, when everyone, some way, will have one.
    It's possible as long as you accept that some classes will get 10 invites for every 1 you get.

We could back to the BC expansion:

LFM heroic Shattered Halls, need prot warrior and mage ONLY!

Seriously though, there will always be the sheep that make up the masses hearing of the "best" way to do something and it turns into the "only" way to do something. As has been stated in the blue posts recently, 1% difference in reality is perceived as unplayable in the minds of many people.

*edit* - My mythic+ group consists of 3 druids
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Hi Druid, I am the ret paladin. You were saying what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I guess Blizz is giving the community what they wanted, like in Classic druid will be a 1 spec class again. We have 0 utility (let's call a lemon a lemon, Innervate is atrocious for mythic+), our AoE ramp up is still borderline absurd (when starfall event works) and we've entered the stage of "balance by nerfing". It's kind of a shame that Mythic+ Dungeons are just a burn fest so our heals don't matter (at least not on +6, the highest I've done).

Fire Mages are just infinitely better than Balance in every way.

Monks and DHs are infinitely better than Feral in every way.

We're like a bottom of the totem pole DPS and everyone seems to be okay with this, quite sad.
    As it should be. Healer class is healer class. Dont like being a healer? Reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    As it should be. Healer class is healer class. Dont like being a healer? Reroll.
    Hey, vanilla called, they want their motto "druids are there to innervate the priests" back.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    And shadowpriest here, also much worse off in mythic+(well, maybe feral is just as bad, but balance should be better at least).

Honestly stop comparing yourself to the most op spec and you'll be fine. Perhaps if you aim for server first +15 you should reroll fire mage, but otherwise you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IMBA View Post
    i still think it's kinda stupid though that some people don't have to adjust to aoe at all, as the ST rotation is exactly the same and they still outperform druid by a mile *cough* marksmen *cough*
    In AoE. In ST I saw a new that put feral about 100k higher ST than MM. So yeah... I think you're going to hear A LOT more whining about how low some classes are in ST compared to for instance feral. Because that matters hugely when you're not outgearing the content. Even in Mythic+

For the record, I don't trust sims very much because there's still a lot of tuning being done, still a lot of questions, still a lot of stuff happening etc. But: http://obsidianguild.com/sims/results_html.html
    Last edited by Jarlhen; 2016-08-25 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Welcome to WoW, where there's only pure DPS and hybrid classes. Healer class? What's that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    You win sir

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlhen View Post
    In AoE. In ST I saw a new that put feral about 100k higher ST than MM. So yeah... I think you're going to hear A LOT more whining about how low some classes are in ST compared to for instance feral. Because that matters hugely when you're not outgearing the content. Even in Mythic+

For the record, I don't trust sims very much because there's still a lot of tuning being done, still a lot of questions, still a lot of stuff happening etc. But: http://obsidianguild.com/sims/results_html.html
    Most of the theory crafters have been saying their Sims aren't ready for prime time yet so I wouldn't put much stock in that just yet. Right now they are really just good for evaluating gear.

That doesn't mean I don't expect Feral to get the shaft. Blizzard has been pulling a Bait and Switch on Feral for every expansion since the beginning. Why would they stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's not even remotely correct. There's multiple comps that do really well, there isn't just one. And the one you listed isn't even the best.

Right now: Blood Dk, Hpally, fire mage, fury warrior, havoc. One of the best.
    Another one: Prot pally, Rdruid, Fire Mage, WW monk, Havoc.
    Another one: Guardian Druid, Rsham, Fire Mage, BM Hunter, WW monk.
    Another one: Blood Dk/Prot pally, Hpriest, Fire Mage, WW monk, Havoc.
    I still don't see Boomkin or Feral in any of those comps.

Doesn't bother me too much, as I'll be running M+ as Resto (and then, not even "competitively"), but it is lame that certain classes are so much better (not even a little bit better, it's a significant difference from what I can tell).

Best comp for Mythic+ ranking will be Blood DK, Resto Druid and a mix of BM hunters and WW Monks.

Druid DPS were never good in 5 man content because both specs have a ramp up to their damage. Why take a spec that starts doing regular DPS on 5 mobs after 10 seconds of doing 40% of normal when you can take classes that do their regular DPS the moment their first attack lands?

Druid DPS is not bad, they just lack the tools that make a spec good for 5 man content, which is no-ramp up and bursty AoE DPS

Things like this has always been the case for speedruns through CM?

I mean there will always be a best setup for these 5 mans.

Balance and Feral will still be to use even if they are not the top 5 mans, I mean only 3 DPS can be in the top for mythic +.

Starfall, multidotting, and Fury of Elune will be good.
    Feral brings Stampeding Roar, strong burst, and tbh not that bad of a damage, with Predator talent, Jagged Wounds, and Brutal Slash it will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Things like this has always been the case for speedruns through CM?

I mean there will always be a best setup for these 5 mans.

Balance and Feral will still be to use even if they are not the top 5 mans, I mean only 3 DPS can be in the top for mythic +.

Starfall, multidotting, and Fury of Elune will be good.
    Feral brings Stampeding Roar, strong burst, and tbh not that bad of a damage, with Predator talent, Jagged Wounds, and Brutal Slash it will do fine.
    Well sure, only 3 can be in the R1 team. But there can, and will be, several A or S tier damage that will all be great options where balance and feral would both fall in the B/C category.

I dont really care because I'm planning to play resto in mythic+ anyway but there is certainly an aspect of disappointment to players who really want to DPS as a druid with how important Mythic+ is for the first bit.

Honestly if you expect Feral to do enough DPS/have a good tookit to warrant a raid spot, let alone dungeon spot. You are naive and have not played this game for a long time.