Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Link a poll? According to this forum, WotLK beats TBC in every poll. Which is funny considering how much it was hated when it was out (also on this forum)
    It's not funny at all that it was hated. At start the PvP (that was still a thing) was so unbalanced that many people forgot about it ...unless they rerolled FOTM or their class was the one favored. S5... reseted at one point.... In fact s5 was the most unbalanced season ever created. And at one time (i don't remember season, it wasn't s5) we got a roll back 1-2 days, because of a warlock bug that made them 1 shot people in arena (that was for a good cause, but affected all that played that day...).
    Due to some classes having extreme damage, other classes got burried in raids as well... For the first 4 months the game sucked in terms of balance in any department...
    BUT by s7/8 PvP balance was nearly perfect... And classes got balanced in general(PvE/PvP).
    The thing is, something that started as worst it can be, went out as the epitome of good gameplay ... with immensive story, balance and whatever good anyone could have.

Anyway...

What can upset me...
    It's not Legion things...it's WoW things...PvP balance mostly. It it gets unplayable i'll just quit and it won't really bother me...
    As much as i can like one thing it's twice i can hate it...
    But as WotLK started shit and became the best state of the game, it may happen with Legion too... Getting a season off won't bother me... getting 2 seasons off because of no balance-while templates it's the perfect thing you can create balance (even with the cons that you get no customization which is huge), means i'll just drop WoW and never touch it again...
    I even started it because of RL friends... i didn't want to join after a year without playing it...
    But if i won't PvP in the end...it's a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly not. Sometimes I feel like a relic when logging in. Haha
    I came in halfway through BC (think BT was out for a bit at the time) does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I came in halfway through BC (think BT was out for a bit at the time) does that count?
    A little? Hehe. For me, been roaming since pre-release beta.. Nolifer nerd, I guess. Bwahah
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The overwhelming majority of players think that TBC was the best expansion to date. Ive asked all my guild members and they all agree.
    Your guild mates isn't the overwhelming majority.

I started in TBC and I personally feel its shit and my best time in wow was wrath.

With that said besides a few small bids Legion has a good chance of being the best Expansion I have played.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    A little? Hehe. For me, been roaming since pre-release beta.. Nolifer nerd, I guess. Bwahah
    That mean you were there for One-shot C'thun?

Objectively speaking, mop was the best expansion we've had so far from quality of content to quantity to class balance and feel of overall class gameplay to story and story telling. It certainly wasn't the best in each category but was as a whole just better than anything before or since. I say this as someone who hated pandas and forced myself to play through that ridiculousness.

I really hope legion compares but from what I've played on beta a lot of classes are in a sorry state and even worse than WoD. Legion is definitely the best in story telling and quality of content. Quantity well have to wait and see. Class balance going into live is going to be the worst since wotlk for both pvp and pve but hopefully things will improve with the first season and raids going live.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to be upset about.
    Bullshit! I'm upset that I can't purchase the expansion with in game gold; total rubbish.

Plenty to be upset about. Most classes are dull, and followers are back.

Hopefully the story is good.

I'm being positive about the game and the expansion!

Legion looks and plays amazing and there is so much to do that I might be a little overwhelmed with all the content (but that is a good thing).

The Blizzard developers got this expansion right.
    Hahahahaha, how do people take this guy seriously. How are you still allowed to post? xD
    Never known anyone with a reputation like yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Eleccybubb @Gehco @jtbrigg7390 @det @ComputerNerd @Darsithis @callipygoustp @xStevooo

Its been statistically proven that more people think TBC was the best expansion to date than any other expansion.

Just because you see recent polls on this site with WoTLK in a slight lead over TBC doesn't make it so, or statistically a better liked expansion. It just means that more people who have gotten into WoW since Wrath voted in the poll.

TBC gained over 5 million subs over the life of the expansion, WotLK added what, 2 million? TBC kept people's interest, WoTLK is where interest started to wane (in terms of percentage of player increase in subs vs TBC).

TLDR: Statistics prove you wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The "overwhelming majority" from TBC don't even play anymore.
    Anyone wants a burn heal?

@Eleccybubb @Gehco @jtbrigg7390 @det @ComputerNerd @Darsithis @callipygoustp @xStevooo

Its been statistically proven that more people think TBC was the best expansion to date than any other expansion.
    I'm from Missouri. Show me. Warning, I'm aware of there's a difference between historical sub numbers and what people's current opinions are.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Link a poll? According to this forum, WotLK beats TBC in every poll. Which is funny considering how much it was hated when it was out (also on this forum)

EDIT: Since I asked you to supply a link, here is one to cement my claim. TBC gets beaten by WotLK by a mile..and even by MoP

http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

Oh..I overlooked this bit. Pure Jaylock gold. Your guild is "The overwhelming majority of players "...right
    TBC was also hated when it was out. "LOL WTF space goats??" "LOL WTF alien planet??" "LOL WTF Horde Paladins and Alliance Shamans = LAZY!" "LOL WTF blood elves now Horde dance on mailbox in their underwear too!"

Lesson: WoW players hate everything current, and then pretend they always loved it when it is no longer current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Objectively speaking, mop was the best expansion we've had so far from quality of content to quantity to class balance and feel of overall class gameplay to story and story telling. It certainly wasn't the best in each category but was as a whole just better than anything before or since. I say this as someone who hated pandas and forced myself to play through that ridiculousness.

I really hope legion compares but from what I've played on beta a lot of classes are in a sorry state and even worse than WoD. Legion is definitely the best in story telling and quality of content. Quantity well have to wait and see. Class balance going into live is going to be the worst since wotlk for both pvp and pve but hopefully things will improve with the first season and raids going live.
    Thank you! I've been saying that about MoP for a while now and it's good to see I'm not the only one not blinded by nostalgia.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why I got a mention in this but, what the hell, I'll bite.

:Edit:
    I say this because, while I often will choose Wrath over TBC in a poll, if had to argue for one over the other, I would have a difficult time supporting why one was better than the other. I loved both those expansions.
    :End edit:

Reference? Or are you just pulling things out of your ass again.

Just because you see recent polls on this site with WoTLK in a slight lead over TBC doesn't make it so, or statistically a better liked expansion.
    Polls on this site, in any direction, are fairly meaningless, of course. I wouldn't say a poll on this site proves anything whether it be Wrath as the better expansion or TBC as the better expansion.

It just means that more people who have gotten into WoW since Wrath voted in the poll.
    Pulling this out of your ass, again? I don't see how this could be proven. What a leap.

TBC gained over 5 million subs over the life of the expansion, WotLK added what, 2 million? TBC kept people's interest, WoTLK is where interest started to wane (in terms of percentage of player increase in subs vs TBC).
    No argument there. The numbers support your assertion.

The bulk of what you said was pure fluff. Only your last item can be supported. Nice try though. LoL ... statistics. You're a funny guy.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-08-25 at 01:55 AM.

Just because you see recent polls on this site with WoTLK in a slight lead over TBC doesn't make it so, or statistically a better liked expansion. It just means that more people who have gotten into WoW since Wrath voted in the poll.

Ok then show us these statistics. That is how burden of proof works. Actual charts and numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I am, and about half of my guild go back to Vanilla. I can assure you that in Mythic guilds, BC/Vanilla players aren't a rarity at all.
    Mythic is also an extremely tiny part of the playerbase. I didn't say no one has played that long; my GM started in classic.

This didn't get to page two, for someone to take the bait. These threads are like trade chat.

I'm loving the legion Beta & Pre-patch, really makes me feel blizzard is putting in at least some amount of effort with this Xpac.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

For you, what (if anything) could you possibly be upset about going into Legion?
    I hate the fact that some of my characters are being stuck into certain weapon types for two (more like 3) years.

Such as my shaman being unable to use fist weapons on enhancement, and my elemental shaman being unable to use staves/maces/axes. My feral druid has daggers for some random reason, my warlock can't use intellect swords anymore, and so on and so forth.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it