Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I always thought Kara should have an "adventure mode" of some sort where you would dress up as a servant and run around doing quests for people inside there say, so I'm really happy to see it come back as a unique 5-player experience.

Most raids are so intense/stressful that people tunnel-vision on mechanics and never actually have time to stop and admire the scenery. I think all raids should start with some sort of introductory tour that lets you explore them so that you appreciate it more when you're fighting bosses there.

I like when they bring back the old stuff. In fact, I think they should just scale the old zones and keep adding content to them. Maybe even new "wings" to the old dungeons. There are so many stories in the world that were never really completed (little quest zone stories), it would be great to go finish them or just check in on old friends.

The only thing is with the remade dungeons and/or raids- I would like them to leave the option in to still run it the old way (and they did that with Kara).

Deleted
    Because blizzard is lazy and they can't produce content fast enough (or they don't care). They probably think is cool to bring back "old school" raids.

Naxxramas was identical; many raids they recycled were basically edited but not that much...

you don't even know what the new kara is

maybe wait until you know what the hell is going on before you complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    It's like Blizz said in the LFG documentary: There are two characters in this game - the player and the world.

TV shows and movies bring back characters all the time. Why do people get all pissy when WoW takes us back to an old locale (and, might I add, one which has been of crucial importance in the Warcraft universe)?
    Honestly I'm fine with it, but the people's reaction to the announcement is what gets me laughing. They act like this is something fresh and new that has never been done before when in reality we've seen them do this tons of times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Two thoughts here
    1) Strawman - you are arguing against a ghost
    2) "People get all pissy" about anything and everything in WoW (and everywhere really). Imagine a WoW feature that 'everyone would love'. I promise if you implemented that feature there would be a minimum of 1 post here on MMO-C and Battle.net that said why the feature was terrible idea. Doesn't matter what it is.
    Can people stop misusing the term strawman. You CANNOT have a strawman in the first argument. A strawman is almost exclusively in a rebuttal where someone makes an argument that they can easily defeat that is based on something the other person was not arguing and they waste their time trying to refute the strawman instead.

If it was just reusing the location to tell the story, (in the same why a character would return to a t.v. show) then that would be fine. But as we all should know it a recycling of the assets that really motivates this type of content.

Blizzard argued that Naxx was reused because a tiny, tiny portion of the player base got to see it, and it seemed a justifiable reason. Kara however was hugely popular, this isn't a player service to show everyone how awesome Kara is, its saving $$ on there bottom line. Plane and simple.

Now if they took those saved $$ in asset creation and made an brand new awesome piece of content I would be happy. But I am skeptical that Legion is going to be anything more than WoD 2.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    you don't even know what the new kara is

maybe wait until you know what the hell is going on before you complain?
    The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!

They will use the same place and update the bosses (ofc they can't use the same mechanics or the place would be a joke), they will probably add something too but I don't think it's going to be something incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!

They will use the same place and update the bosses (ofc they can't use the same mechanics or the place would be a joke), they will probably add something too but I don't think it's going to be something incredible...
    no one here knows

it's just blizzard bashing for the sake of doing it. what does this accomplish?

the title of this thread might as well be, "patch 8.0 is going to be stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yea... raiding was so easy with zg level gear though. It was the boost people that were struggling needed to get to that higher level... if they chose to pursue the next step.

I actually don't feel badly for people who choose not to raid and beg for more content. The content is there, you choosing not to participate is noone's issue but your own :/
    I think he means running the same two dungeons to get geared 400 times and less that the item level was above the ilvl of the rest of the dungeons.

Deleted
    The cool thing about kara was how random it was. There was no lore behind it (no ultimate threat, nothing that will destroy azeroth if untouched), it was advertised as "treasure hunt". I hate all this linear overblown plotshit in new dungeons and raids - this is what cuts off so much content and further innovation. If they would just focus a lot more on gameplay as in old days instead of wasting all the resources on creating this 1tier cycle content that will just look stupid later (hi world revamp with cataclysm). It also takes the whole mysterious atmosphere WoW vanilla had - the magican-towers in azshara or azshara as whole, deadwind-pass. Hell even the crypt is still more popular than anything they finally put their lore-plots on. The best thing in WoW was all the shit that had yet not any polishing or plots in.

Hyjal was awesome till it became content, the portals to the emerald dream to this day lurk around in azeroth - especially the one in duskwood, and you cannot even interact with it! The dragons gone but the place remains... as one the coolest places in azeroth!
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-08-25 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    The best thing blizzard could do is get rid of istances and just make all of them phased content.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Lame and lazy, i.e typical blizz.
    Remember, kids, nostalgia is GOOD when you're whining about Blizzard not making vanilla servers, but nostalgia is BAD when you're whining about Blizzard revisiting an old setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one don't mind returning to old locales, as long as the same bosses aren't all that's there and you are going there for no apparent reason. Going back to Kara seems like it's going to be progressing the story, so that's ok. Now, when they brought back Deadmines and it had no purpose other than to go back to Deadmines, that is why I don't like recycled content.

They're doing it right this time, as others have said - the original raid isn't being touched, so I have no problem with it. The troll raids were just rediculous, no reason to remove the originals. I'm someone who loves doing old raids from time to time, not even for a particular reward, just to remember the good times, sometimes with a friend. It's the reason Cata will always be my most hated expac-remaking the old world was a totally shit move imo. Make new things, leave the old things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Lame and lazy, i.e typical blizz.
    Lame and lazy, your post.

Why not explain why you think that? We know so little about this, other than the fact we're going back to one of the all-time most-loved raids EVER in WoW history! Blizzard should probably have us revisit old places more often, IMHO.

"Yeah, you conquered this place once before, BUT YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ANYONE IN CHARGE OF SECURITY SOOOOOOO..."

It makes sense haha. And Karazhan is so damned messed up as a place, if you read any Warcraft books that have Kara in them, you'll know, that place was NOT cleaned by players back in TBC, I can tell you that much! Karazhan is an incredibly twisted places and we barely scraped the tip of the iceberg. I think Blizzard could seriously use Karazhan A LOT more if they wanted.

Frankly, you have not seen what they've done in their revamp, nor have you seen the new fights... so, you cannot say lame and lazy with ANY level of credence to your opinion.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7.1 is a double disappointment for me.

Firstly, there should be a new raid.

Secondly, content should take place in new, exciting settings.

Deleted
    "People" always get pissy.
    But "people" is just mostly really niched group of players who post in forums like this.

Normal, real people don't really care at all. Most might actually think it's kinda cool.
    It's just angry nerds who have delusions about how real world works (No matter what, it's always "lame, lazy, recycling, destroying the game" etc. It's easy to be armchair game dev.)

Unfortunately Blizzard listens to angry nerds way too often.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    7.1 is a double disappointment for me.

Firstly, there should be a new raid.

Secondly, content should take place in new, exciting settings.
    They literally said there would be a new, albeit small, raid.

Gah, sometimes I question if people intentionally "forget" things or just don't read entire posts... -.-

I think a healthy combo of new and exciting and old and nostalgic is good.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If they don't pull the shit Rift did with their raids, I'm fine with it. What I'm talking about is updating the art assets, putting in new bosses and mechanics, and maybe changing the flow of the zone. Rift has become notorious for rehashing their raids. They literally just increased all the bosses stats to be "challenging" at level cap and did nothing more, no new bosses, no new mechanics, nothing new about the raids. They've done it so much now it's almost sad.

Remember when they made Karazhan for vanilla, but it took so long they "recycled" it for TBC?

I mean think about it, it made no sense at all for us to go to Outland to fight Illidan and immediately go back to Azeroth for a raid in Medivh's ballroom. Man you couldn't get away with shit like that today, the forums would have a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Aaah, old ZG, how i miss thee...
    The revamped ZG was much much better.

I wish they'd left the old instances in though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.