Deleted
    Vivify only proc mastery on the main target. If vivify would proc on all 3 targets then maybe.

Thanks. Still learning the "new monk".

Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    effuse is useless and too expensive, so there really arent many spells that proc mastery and certainly no spells you use TO proc mastery.
    So its just added healing to SOME of the spells you use
    Effuse is literally only there to begin a soothing channel if you need or want it, imo. The only other time I find myself using effuse is if I already have ReM and Enveloping on a target and they still are dropping instead of stabilizing or rising in health and no other targets are damaged at the time.

So no, it's not useless, but it's definitely not our most prominent heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfixes today are either make no difference in total hps, to a slight hps increase depending on your talent build.

The real take away is mastery gear feels less shit, and haste gear is slightly worse for mistweaving.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-08-24 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    With rem on cd we are looking at a 16500 more mana used per min. Wich is very neglectable when regen 44k mana/5.

It will affect RT more tho.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-08-24 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    With rem on cd we are looking at a 16500 more mana used per min. Wich is very neglectable when regen 44k mana/5.

It will affect RT more tho.
    I don't think it hurts rt that much. Just cast tft-vivify a bit more and it's like nothing changed.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-08-24 at 06:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How much mp5 of healers now?

Deleted
    SO what are your thoughts? MW viable for raids?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regence View Post
    Why shouldn't he be?

Just read a few pages and you will have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    How much mp5 of healers now?
    Baseline regen is 4% of max mana per 5 sec, which is 44000 mp5 at 110 (IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Regence View Post
    Fantastic for raids, fantastic for rbgs, poor choice for dungeons and very dependent on comps for arena. Great against locks or DKs, terrible against mages/shamans for example. Going with MW atleast can backfire a lot harder than going with a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    Fantastic for raids, fantastic for rbgs, poor choice for dungeons and very dependent on comps for arena. Great against locks or DKs, terrible against mages/shamans for example. Going with MW atleast can backfire a lot harder than going with a shaman.
    Why terrible for Dungeons? I was doing quite well in Beta. Vivify is great in 5 man content, our bubble might be on too long of a CD but still very useful. lots of mobility for fast mythic+ runs.

If there is a place MW shines it's 5 man content.

Deleted
    MW has never been as good as they are in 5man as they are now. The removal of Chi made their singletarget not sacrificing the group healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Verko View Post
    Why terrible for Dungeons? I was doing quite well in Beta. Vivify is great in 5 man content, our bubble might be on too long of a CD but still very useful. lots of mobility for fast mythic+ runs.
    I feel the same as you and I'd love to hear why Mistweavers are poor in Dungeons. I've found Mythic 5 mans to be easier on my Monk than my Shammy or Paladin.

Monks have a great Tank CD. An AoE Stun. Hard CC and all the tools for everything thrown at them. I think they're more than fine for Mythic 5 mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    Fantastic in 5man as well. Nice tank cooldown, good mobility, 5s-aoe-stun (very strong), LOH every 2min, thanks to short fights you can dump your mana like crazy (and that is where monks shine, when they don't have to focus on mana conserving).

So I'm finding some conflicting info online - does Mistweaver still require melee in Legion, or is it viable at range?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okereke View Post
    So I'm finding some conflicting info online - does Mistweaver still require melee in Legion, or is it viable at range?
    Depends on your playstyle. Without RT and SotC you don't need to be in melee but I highly recommend it. We are flagged as "melee healer" and don't get targeted by most of the ranged boss abilities so we have to move a lot less.
    And some kicks on the boss in downtimes are always nice to have.

Deleted
    They get stronger in close combat, really no reason to not be in their either. You do good dps while in melee. All your heals are castable at range.

Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    Depends on your playstyle. Without RT and SotC you don't need to be in melee but I highly recommend it. We are flagged as "melee healer" and don't get targeted by most of the ranged boss abilities so we have to move a lot less.
    And some kicks on the boss in downtimes are always nice to have.
    i believe the way it works is:

boss has ability which targets ranged players (felseeker is an example)
    > boss checks to see if monk is at range or melee
    > if monk is at range the ability can target monk = felseeker can be cast on monk
    > if monk is in melee the ability cannot target monk = felseeker cannot be cast on monk

similar to paladins in legion, we will be hit by things like felseeker if we are sitting at range, however if we're in melee we wont be targeted by it