Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Bold statement, I go to see any movie he has if it contains major CGI and I tend to enjoy myself because of that. Visual effects allure me to many films, even if they are at a base line mediocre.
    i could name like 10 CGI spectacles that are better than any transformers movie JUST THIS YEAR, michael bay has contempt for his audience and it shows, his movies have no craft, no care and no "direction" in them, they're literally just visual noise edited in a way to trick you into thinking you're watching an actual movie.

i hate the "it's just a popcorn flick" argument, there are great popcorn flicks, and there are terrible money grabbing pieces of garbage where art goes to die.

Pop music
    Most electronic music
    Dancing
    Most trendy / everyone's - doing - it sort of activities (Pokemon is a great recent example)
    Baseball
    NASCAR / oval track racing in general
    Politics
    Rivalries with no personal connection (for example, being a rabid sports fan to the point of wanting to injure the fan of an opposing team)
    MP3's
    Automatic transmissions
    Reddit
    Cash shops in video games.
    Nutella
    Expensive car audio systems

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ~ Snip ~
    I never said I paid for them, or went to go seem them explicitly in theaters, where it matters most. No matter what you say though, these huge budget movies still hire artists who poured countless hours into the film and, usually, enjoyed it. While the directors and the high ups may just be looking at it through the financial gain, the artists don't exactly get to interact with that -- or know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Using a bright computer in a dark room.
    Omg so much this. Alot of streamers and just people in general do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Country.

I will never understand why people have a fierce love and loyalty for their country. To the point that you cannot criticise it, or say stuff like "X is the best country on earth." In what metric? Best healthcare? Ok, now go to a different stat, like poverty. Oh look, you lose there. Are you now a terrible country?

Race.

Seriously, this one just angers me. Who the actual fuck takes pride in their race? You have no control over it, whatsoever. I liken it to starting a group activity and to begin, a person passes around a hat filled with strips of paper. You pull one out, and pass the hat along. You unravel your piece of paper. It has a word on it, "Blue". You are now in 'team blue"

You then start hating everyone from team yellow and team red. You kill their members, you actively treat them as if they're sub human. You also feel that your team is totally the best team, because reasons. If anything bad happens to you, it is not your fault, it is the fault of team yellow or red.

This is mentally alarming behaviour, and yet we have it everyday and its treated as normal.

Gender and Sexuality.

To me, a straight guy, I think of my sexuality maybe once every few years. The fact that I have a dick really does not have an effect on my life whatsoever. People will look at me differently, sure, but I myself do not even notice it. If I was asked do I care about my sexuality or gender, my response would be the following:

I care about my sexuality and gender in the same way I care about what my neighbours had for lunch, 3 days ago. I don't. I don't at all. If I do, its during an intense moment of boredom.

I will never, ever understand people that wear their sexuality on the outside and have their entire life revolve around what thing they'd like to stick inside of them, or what they'd like to stick their things into.

Faction in WoW.

Seriously. Do I even need to explain this one?

Tea.

There are 3 things I put a food item in my mouth: To refresh myself, to rehydrate myself or to feed myself.

Tea does not refresh me, in say, mint chewing gum would, or an ice lolly would on a hot day.

Tea does not rehydrate me like water or an ice cold coke would.

Tea does not fill me up and feed me.

What is the purpose of tea? It doesn't even taste good.

Bacon, Twitch Streamers, ASMR, MLP, Jennifer Lawrence, Vaping, Uppercut Hairstyle, League of Legends, and talking/typing like a total retard on purpose (ie: "I lieks teh kittehz").
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Omg so much this. Alot of streamers and just people in general do this.
    Ambient lighting (But sufficient enough), not a really bright screen (But not too dark obviously), and reducing the blue light emission on your monitor. That's the way to go, if you REALLY want to reduce eye strain.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Bacon
    I agree with this.

Bacon is just a waste of a pig.

Or a waste of whatever you want to make your bacon from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I agree with this.

Bacon is just a waste of a pig.

Or a waste of whatever you want to make your bacon from.
    I agree, unless the bacon is cooked JUST right. Most bacon I have ever ate tends to be crispy salt, which is absolute dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Deadpool.

I always found the character poorly written, his series juvenile and not funny in the least. Comedy is a very subjective thing- Deadpool is not my brand of funny whatsoever. I never got how a 90s caricature could be so enjoyed by so many.

"Chimichangas!", "He's wearing the brown pants!", etc- hohohaha! Ugh.

Such is life though.
    I feel like Deadpool is enjoyed by people who recently discovered their ability to swear or make dark jokes.

Deadpool is loved by the same people who laugh at a dark joke, then type "im going to hell" in the comment section

Wearing clothes......

I am what the hell?????

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I agree, unless the bacon is cooked JUST right. Most bacon I have ever ate tends to be crispy salt, which is absolute dog shit.
    Or burnt. And people are apparently baffled when I say it's just burnt meat, they prefer the term "crispy" apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Well, it's like this:

The Vagina looks like some hideous clam-shaped monster from a bad Japanese movie.
    The Butthole, provided it's clean, looks neat, tidy and is generally nicer to look at.
    Sure shit comes out of it... but you've watched too many of those Japanese movies to know that sticking your dick in the clam-monster is a bad idea.
    My ex used to say vaginas look like "roast beef curtains".

10+ Year Old Account
    The sounds electric guitars make.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt View Post
    Salt and Vinegar chips...I've tried and tried, just can't understand people who love that flavor.
    Back in high school I would always bring Pringles along for bus rides on field trips and events, and by the time everyone else had eaten a couple here and there I just about had none left for myself (probably more an issue of me not telling them to get lost, but still). So I saw salt and vinegar flavor, and it was hideous, but I took it along on those bus rides and lo and behold, everyone left my Pringles alone. And eventually I got to the point I actually like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or burnt. And people are apparently baffled when I say it's just burnt meat, they prefer the term "crispy" apparently.
    Augh, I hate that. BURNT BACON DOES NOT TASTE GOOD. I seriously don't understand how people LIKE bacon like that, it's just... Flavorless at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Religion - If "faith" was enough for something to exist, I would have developed Jedi mind powers when I was ten.
    The education here is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Religion - If "faith" was enough for something to exist, I would have developed Jedi mind powers when I was ten.

Celebrity Gossip - Why is Justin Bieber's new haircut HEADLINE FUCKING NEWS?

Fitting In - Why strive to be exactly like everyone else? If they don't like you for YOU, then they aren't worth your time.
    Man, you just read my mind, you might have some jedi powers there. =|

Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    I'm sure we all dislike something that is enjoyed by the overwhelming majority of other people. What is that thing for you?

I hate beer with a passion. I've tried so many different kinds but think they all taste the same and they all taste like piss. Every single time a friend of mine gets a beer, I go out of my way to try it and see if I can find any kind of enjoyment in it but always regret my choice. I can't wrap my mind around the thought of someone actually enjoying the taste of beer; I think a lot of people convince themselves that they like it because it is the social drink of choice most of the time.

What are some things that you guys will never understand why other people love it?
    Piss is salty, your argument is invalid

Coffee, Beer, Cigarettes.