Awareness: 10
    Reaction / Adaption: 8
    Team-play: -
    Tank: -
    DPS (Melee): 8
    DPS (Ranged): 10

Pve / Pvp: Pve
    Overall: Skilled player

And finally how likely you are to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowledge: Always trying to improve even if there's almost nothing to improve on. @HFC I ended up as top4 destro lock EU on Heroic and top26 destro lock EU on Mythic, even though I never hunted logs nor had opportunities to make logs on purpose.

Now I'm rating this on a scale that is "playing for myself", so if I wans't good enough for somebodies raid team or whatever...doens't matter, I play for me now, not somebody else:

Awareness : 8, I don't really have a problem with this (Outside of the odd time i'm tired and decided to keep playing for some reason)

Reaction / adaption : 7, I'm generally watching for these and I have an add on to let me know if my interrupt was successful
    Team-play: 8, I've tried to kite/off tank a s boss when I'm doing dungeons/LFR
    Tank : 6, I'm actually not too bad at the role, but it's not one I enjoy, hence the lower rating.
    DPS (Melee) : 9, melee DPS is what I do, and I do it well. Once I have good gear, I don't have a problem "topping meters" and yet staying alive
    DPS (Ranged) : 7, I'm not too bad at ranged, but I prefer to my fury warr overall
    Healer : 5, I can play a healer and I can do it well in 5 mans. In raids...it's hard to tell, I could be bad, or it could just be that the otehrs are spam healing. I get by when I heal and that's good enough for me and my groups.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Awareness : 7
    Reaction / adaption : 4
    Team-play: 9
    Tank : 7
    DPS (Melee) : 7
    DPS (Ranged) : 6
    Healer : 8

PVE
    Overall: 6-7

I am not a good player nor can I ever be a good player. I am either at a loss of concentration from pain or at a loss of concentration from pain killers so pick your poison. I am even glad I can manage LFR at times. It used to better around Vanilla pre screwed up body, but I suffered from a stubborn streak so refused dps meters or even the best specs, raided Molten Core as an Arcane Mage. So I never was one of the better.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Awareness: 8 (addons make me a 9/10).
    Reaction/adaption: 9.
    Team-play: 9.
    Tank: 9.
    DPS (Melee): 5.
    DPS (Ranged): 7.
    Healer: 8/9.

PvE.
    Overall: 8/10. Give me anything that isn't melee DPS & I'll do well enough with it to secure a guaranteed spot in most mythic guilds.

I am terrible at this game ... but I still love it.

Awareness : 7
    Reaction / adaption : 7
    Team-play: 10
    Tank : 3
    DPS (Melee) : 5
    DPS (Ranged) : 5
    Healer : 3

PVE
    Overall: 5.7

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Not even by their own admission, let me take one of the first few posts:

Wow, that's something eh, this person admits that they really aren't good with a ranged, which is fine, but what rating did they give themselves??

Average!

It's not just a thing for here though, people in general seem to think they're better than they are:

http://www.livescience.com/26914-why...e-average.html

To me anything below a 7 is beyond awful. The reason I said i can't play it to save my life is to further tell myself that the 5 I have just isn't enough. Being "average" as you so put it will get me nowhere.

Deleted
    If we cut every score here given by people to themselves by 30-50% then we may get true ratings

PvP
    Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 9
    DPS (Melee) : 6 I need to improve on the amount of damage I can do. I play very defensively.
    Overall: 8 / top 3% Backed by titles

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde : 6 I used to care. Then PvP went to shit.

Can't believe the amount of 10s I see up here. If you're not a Gladiator or clearing Mythic of every tier, you're not even close to a 10.

Awareness : Positioning = 9, Not standing in fire = 8, Spotting new groups / mobs coming in = 10
    Reaction / adaption : 8, sometimes slow on interrupts but battle-ressing between boss swings whilst tanking etc.
    Team-play: 8
    Tank : When I was playing previously, 10, at the moment 9
    DPS (Melee) : Previously playing, 9, currently 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 7
    Healer : 7 (used to be 8)

pve (Rate myself 1 in all PvP!)
    Overall: 8

EDIT: And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde : 10
    Always on Blogs / forums.

8-9 overall. Always top dps. I'm a group safer with my ress, sacrificial taunts (taunt and then kite with dash to give raid the time to un-panic and ress a tank), heals/bashes/typhoons to save tanks, etc. Always least damage taken.

Bow down to your overlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played for a couple months, so take off 2-3 points from all the scores:

Awareness: 6-7/10
    I tunnel vision quite hard sometimes, and I do make mistakes, probably too many. But I still got the job done at the end of the day.

Reaction/Adapting: 7/10
    But that's mostly because it's rather easy to adapt as a healer. Just make sure the other tank gets more healing.

Teamplay: 8-9/10
    I will gladly do whatever the team needs of me, and as a paladin, I do have a lot of things I can do.

Tank: 8/10
    Depends entirely on the class. The ones I bothered learning I'm fairly proficient in, and then there's Druid where I'm less use than a wet towel

DPS (Melee) 5-6/10
    I can do well enough, but I don't enjoy it, so I don't do good.

DPS (range) ??/10
    Never really learned a range dps at a high level, so no idea.

Healer: 9-10/10
    Having played pretty much only healer for the last 6 years, I'm very good at most of them I feel.

PvE

Overall: 7-8/10

PvP
    overall: 4-5/10

Deleted
    Awareness : 11
    Reaction / adaption : 10
    Team-play: 10
    Tank : 8
    DPS (Melee) : 9.5
    DPS (Ranged) : 9
    Healer : 7

This is my honest opinion and I get credit for being this good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post

Can't believe the amount of 10s I see up here. If you're not a Gladiator or clearing Mythic of every tier, you're not even close to a 10.
    Untrue. For two reasons...I know several people who are clearing Mythic who aren't particularly good players but the rest of their guild are. I can't speak for PvP because I don't do it that much but I can indeed speak for PvE. No one player can kill a Mythic boss on their own when it's current content. It takes a group. If you are talking about World-First level Mythic clearing before everyone is caught up in ilvl 735+ gear, then I could start agreeing with you. The second reason is that you could have more skill than anyone else in the world when it comes to WoW but if you still raid casually or if your guild doesn't do Mythic or Arena then you won't have the titles that you think qualifies you as a 10. I guess a third reason would be lack of desire. Like the farm boy who hasn't lifted weights a day in his life but can still out bench press everyone except for elite lifters, you can still be great at WoW without being a Mythic raider or Gladiator.

Deleted
    I'm much better than everyone else in this thread in all categories mentioned and I don't even play anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    When we were really pushing our limits in the raiding scene, we were top 20 in the world back in MoP. So 10/10 on everything. Failure is not an option ;P

Deleted
    Awareness : ½
    Reaction / adaption : ½
    Team-play: 1
    Tank : 0
    DPS (Melee) : 0
    DPS (Ranged) : 1
    Healer : 1

Pve : 1
    Overall: ∞ ♠

I'll prob quit wow when i become worse than myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 9
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 7
    Tank : 2
    DPS (Melee) : 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 10
    Healer : 2

I consider myself quite good player overall. I'm raiding\doing arena as ranged dps since mid BC and consider myself super experienced player, especially if we are talking about shadowpriest in any iteration.
    I suck at healing (mainly because of my UI and having 2 shadow specs prior to Legion prepatch) and tanking (I do not count 5pp and alt heroic raids as experience) and pretty descent melee.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd give myself a 10 in all categories. If PvP and PvE were split, I'd give myself like an 8 in PvP. Been gladiator multiple times, but haven't dabbled in PvP for a couple expansions, otherwise I'd rate myself higher.

Only thing I'd rate myself low in is healer, I'd be like a 4. Probably higher if I seriously focused on it.

I just base this off of me being raid leader/GM, rarely being the one to mess up mechanics, and basically setting everything in motion for my guild to do. Damage/parse wise, I'm normally at the very top for the classes I play (high purples, oranges, sometimes 100% for a couple resets). We generally are in top 50 US (range between a best of 20, but generally sit right around 35). Contrary to popular belief you can be in guilds like mine and be pretty bad in some of those categories. There are some people in my guild for instance that cause more wipes than others but do pretty good damage. There are also people who rarely cause wipes but do less damage. Pretty rare, even around where we sit to have a guild full of people who can do both of these things (those people are usually in the best guilds in world, but only if their schedule allows it, which is also rare).

The inverse of the above statement is true too. You can be in a really terrible guild and be a top tier player. Again, a lot of it has to do with some factors, but most of it is scheduling. There can be some really great people in garbage guilds that just don't have the time to raid much more than a couple days (if that) a week.

People rating themselves 10 in most raiding categories really isn't that problematic IMO. It basically boils down to, are you one of the best players in your guild? That and how do you perform compared to others in the same class when looking at logs? If you rarely die and have at least mid to high purple rankings in logs, you're basically a 10 in my book.

Keep in mind logs are kind of a shitty way to look at things in the long term. Once you hit a certain point it's pretty hard for 'average' or less than average guilds to actually compete, even if you have some great players. Lots of higher end guilds move into 'rank' mode because of boredom and because of kill times and raid stacking, you're going to be hard pressed to compete with people you may or may not have competed with months prior when it was progression for them as well.

What i think i play like 10/10
    What i actually play like 6/10

I would say i am slightly above average these days and am happy to sit there. Just play for fun now.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did not know that WOW had so many top raiders. But according to this thread it apparently does.

Awareness : 6
    Reaction / adaption : 6
    Team-play: 6
    Tank : 7
    DPS (Melee) : 3
    DPS (Ranged) : 6
    Healer : 0

PvE
    Overall: 6/10

PvP
    overall: 4/10
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: