Thread: Paladin Libram

Deleted

Paladin Libram

Ok I don't know that this is a lore question or not. In the BC intro we can see Maraad instacast a spell from his book, and a few pala set has a libram or whatever is it on it, and in lorevise paladins carrying these books whit themself.
    But what are these librams, what's inside them, that makes every paladin need to have one of these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Librams are basically a bibble for paladin. It contains following:
    - Light and you
    - 101 uses of holy light
    - 20 ways holy light can change your life
    - 999 holy light jokes to "brighten" every party
    - How to skin heretic alive
    - How to teach your kids about holy light
    - Legal side of holy light

And much, much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Librams are basically a bibble for paladin. It contains following:
    - Light and you
    - 101 uses of holy light
    - 20 ways holy light can change your life
    - 999 holy light jokes to "brighten" every party
    - How to skin heretic alive
    - How to teach your kids about holy light
    - Legal side of holy light

And much, much more.
    -Why you should make a bubble-Hearthstone macro
    -Laying your hands on others but in a good way

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Ok I don't know that this is a lore question or not. In the BC intro we can see Maraad instacast a spell from his book, and a few pala set has a libram or whatever is it on it, and in lorevise paladins carrying these books whit themself.
    But what are these librams, what's inside them, that makes every paladin need to have one of these?
    Generally it's just a book of holy writ, used to reinforce their faith and connection to the Light. I don't think they're technically necessary to invoke the Light but rather just an iconic part of the traditional Paladin look and feel from fantasy RPG's and the like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixos View Post
    I always imagined they keep notes about types of undead, demons abberations and how to kill them
    And which part of hammer is meant to be held, and which is used for smashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    -Why you should make a bubble-Hearthstone macro
    -Laying your hands on others but in a good way
    and the "I'm a little Paladin" song

It's there for them to write something in.

7+ Year Old Account
    so nosey about someones personal journal

Scripture, holy verses, spells, musings on the light etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had the idea that Paladin's kept their own. In the Dark Ages, monks worked very hard for their entire life creating illuminated manuscripts that are unbelievably intricate and complex. A Paladin's libram would be similar. They would sit down, enter into a trance, and make a new beautifully illuminated page in their libram for every chapter of their crusade, new spell they had learned, or new enemy they had fought. Looking at the pages of their past journey, they would strengthen their resolve by instantaneously meditating on what the Light had given them in the past, allowing them the strength that we see as basic buffs, or they would let the Light open their minds to a complex spell detailed on a particular page, thus casting it.

ugh
    Its a copy of "the Light and How to Swing it! -Uther''
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I thought it was the equivalent to us going into our spellbook to hotkey a few abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    It's zombie apocalypse survival guide...doh!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I've always had the idea that Paladin's kept their own. In the Dark Ages, monks worked very hard for their entire life creating illuminated manuscripts that are unbelievably intricate and complex. A Paladin's libram would be similar. They would sit down, enter into a trance, and make a new beautifully illuminated page in their libram for every chapter of their crusade, new spell they had learned, or new enemy they had fought. Looking at the pages of their past journey, they would strengthen their resolve by instantaneously meditating on what the Light had given them in the past, allowing them the strength that we see as basic buffs, or they would let the Light open their minds to a complex spell detailed on a particular page, thus casting it.
    Exactly this!

Deleted
    Ever seen any exorcism movie? (The exorcist for example?)

The priest usualy holds a book (the bible) while performing an exorcism.
    This might be due to their faith being stronger while holding it; with it being belived to be the "bridge" to what they prey to.

Seeing how one of the 2 archetypes (warrior+priest) is inspired by real-life priests it is fair to assume that librarms have a similar effect (just in the actual sense).

You mentioned the TBC intro; it shows a draenei paladin opening his librarm, looking for a seal spell and then casing it. While he does the light actually comes from the librarm's scriptures, which enforces this theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always through what paladins was too stupid to remember all spells what they can use and wear libram as "dictionary" lolz.

Deleted
    The final solution of the orcish question.