Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will there be any limited time available artifact weapon skins?

Similarly to the Challenge Mode rewards, will there be any limited time available artifact weapon skins that will only be obtainable during Legion? Perhaps the Mythic+ Dungeon skin?

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be pretty cool.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

All of them technically. Once Legion is over you will no longer be able to obtain any of the skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    All of them technically. Once Legion is over you will no longer be able to obtain any of the skins.
    what would lead you to believe this? artifacts =/= legendaries of WoD and MoP. they have way more story and character involvement, as well as class fantasy, and spell/talents associated with them. thus leading to being more of a thing you certainly can do again on an alt even after Legion, on par with garrisons.

limited time available skins? totally possible depending on all the different available means to put skins behind. time will tell.

essentially its possible that the artifact itself wont be carried into the next expansion, but it would still be a thing to do for those leveling thru legion even after a new expansion has come out. ie: garrisons arent coming into legion with us, but they are still there to do for alts and new players playing thru WoD for the first time.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-08-25 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    what would lead you to believe this? artifacts =/= legendaries of WoD and MoP. they have way more story and character involvement, as well as class fantasy, and spell/talents associated with them. thus leading to being more of a thing you certainly can do again on an alt even after Legion, on par with garrisons.

limited time available skins? totally possible depending on all the different available means to put skins behind. time will tell.

essentially its possible that the artifact itself wont be carried into the next expansion, but it would still be a thing to do for those leveling thru legion even after a new expansion has come out.
    In the video interview blizzard did about artifacts they said that they might make it so that when legion is over you can no longer acquire any new weapon skins and that the ones you did unlock would be added to your wardrobe so you could take them with you as a reward for people who played actively while legion was current.
    Last edited by Isaelyn; 2016-08-25 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    In the video interview blizzard did about artifacts they said that they might make it so that when legion is over you can no longer acquire any new weapon skins and that the ones you did unlock would be added to your wardrobe so you could take them with you as a reward for people who played actively while legion was current.
    ok, key word being might. i guess the skins could be locked... while the core of the artifact still remains as a way for people to enjoy legion even after other expansions come out, just like garrisons. just seems like there is a way to allow for some skins to still be available as well as a few limited skins.

the point being, that while the devs said they might make skins unobtainable, they did not say for certain. which is what the person i quoted had stated.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-08-25 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they won't be time locked outside of (maybe) PvP skins.

The carebear brigade would no doubt claim they were being oppressed because they had to git gud to get a reward.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Provide a source please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've heard (second hand mind you) that is blizzard's plan.

At the end of Legion they'll remove artifacts from the game, but those who got them keep them and can transmog them.

I can see them doing this to be honest, I mean they're not integral if you're just leveling from 100-110 to get to the next expansion's zones. Plus any new classes blizzard add won't have the artifact and it's obvious they'll remove the artifact tree too... So in the end, I guess it's bye bye artifacts.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-25 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    At the end of Legion they'll remove artifacts from the game, but those who got them keep them and can transmog them.
    That seems highly unlikely. What would they do after Legion for people lvling from 100 to 110? Just expect them to use WoD weapons?

Sure, they aren't INTEGRAL. But it's would be really strange to massively gimp people for those lvls.

Deleted
    They don't know yet what they will do with them.

The above statement is incorrect for they are deffinately staying in the game; us being able to use them after level 110 is another matter. :P

Deleted
    I don't like the whole artifact skin thing. So I hope they will turn this short planned thing into something we can finish later. Or maybe they think it's great to deal with garroshs heroic deeds in azeroth <lvl60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    That seems highly unlikely. What would they do after Legion for people lvling from 100 to 110? Just expect them to use WoD weapons?

Sure, they aren't INTEGRAL. But it's would be really strange to massively gimp people for those lvls.
    They'll probably add some generic weapons (Not much effort, they added tons of generic armor to low level quests in the pre patch due to the armor changes). The order hall sells 740 weapons. Hell, they'll have to if they want to introduce a new class, doing a huge questline and order hall would be too much effort. I will be really surprised if artifacts stick around.

Wrong, unless Blizzard's changed their minds - they've said that they'd look into ways of being able to transmog into the appearances once Legion is over (if we don't keep the artifacts).

- - - Updated - - -

They'll probably add some generic weapons (Not much effort, they added tons of generic armor to low level quests in the pre patch due to the armor changes). The order hall sells 740 weapons. Hell, they'll have to if they want to introduce a new class, doing a huge questline and order hall would be too much effort. I will be really surprised if artifacts stick around.
    New class would almost definitely start at level 108 or similar, and if artifacts stuck around they could easily just introduce that weapon via their starting zone. No order hall (unless they stay) needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    Wrong, unless Blizzard's changed their minds - they've said that they'd look into ways of being able to transmog into the appearances once Legion is over (if we don't keep the artifacts).

- - - Updated - - -

New class would almost definitely start at level 108 or similar, and if artifacts stuck around they could easily just introduce that weapon via their starting zone. No order hall (unless they stay) needed.
    And if blizzard decide to do another non-hero class like monk?

That would be a nice incentive for mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after wielding such might weapons, once next expansion hits, will we switch to "Strong Weapon of the Bearded Badger"? I think Artifacts might be a double edged sword for Blizzard, people will expect something better lorewise, but is there anything that can compete?
    PM me weird stuff :3

And if blizzard decide to do another non-hero class like monk?
    With the success the Monk class had, why the fuck would they?

If, for whatever reason, they DO, they're going to have to create a new order hall or somehow allow us to skip whatever questline is tied to that in Legion content (haven't done much questing on the beta, dunno how important it is). Weapon is easily solvable if they decide to scrap artifacts.

If they don't scrap artifacts, any new class is going to be a level 108 or higher, or have the artifact weapon from the start.

They could add a free class specific heirloom for any new non-hero class.