Poll: Next, preferred feature film?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    For a movie, easily Diablo. Could be so epic, and doubt they could fuck it up as much as they did with Warcraft.
    It's not so much a fuckup as, there wasn't that much interest in the film and or in Fantasy film in general(I say film not necessarily TV).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The separate teams are the teams at Blizzard that work on the 2 games. Warcraft 4 would be the next strategy game... Context clues.
    Blizzard is the funder, investor, executive producer. You had the gaming developers as supervisors to the film.
    Legendary Pictures are the investor and distributors and Production Producers who worked on maintaining production.

I am talking about what's next for Blizzard in Theatrical filmmaking.
    Why are you bringing up Warcraft 4 the game? I'm talking about Warcraf the film. You know that film? The one that just came out this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fuck. You really aren't following this conversation? The guy you were talking to about budgets(any WC film would have a smaller budget this time around since the first lost money) was saying why not make both games. Then he says if he had to choose he'd choose WC4. I'm not the one bringing up games, he did. You then proceeded to claim he was saying they should make both movies. He wasn't.

I don't think they should make either.
    Then that guy misunderstood the thread. And with your response like, "He's talking about video games and you're on topic talking about movies...", was misleading as if I should be talking about the game than what my thread was about.

As to that guy's point: They can still focus on a game and feature film. BUT, not TWO feature films.

And why do you think they should not make either. A reasoning would be nice. Those franchises are profitable depending on how smoothly the scriptwriting goes. With the amounts of fallbacks during the production of Warcraft throughout the decade was already a foreshadowing. They can learn from their mistakes on their production of their first feature on a Warcraft Sequel or Diablo Feature.

I doubt this will be their last, and whatever it is, hard to believe it will not be either one of them. Give them another chance.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-08-24 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    like teaching Travis how to properly speak English without that weird accent he used for no reason what-so-ever...
    Is he speaking like he does in Vikings, in the Warcaft movie? Because that alone (not only him doing it, but fucking everybody) was the reason I had to stop watching it mid season 3, it just became too god damn over the top too much...

Most likely, a good film maker would not be hired that would do a good job. Blizzard should stay out of the movie business unless they want to do an animated movie they would sell direct to dvd or Blu-ray.

I want the story of Illidan or Arthas as a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Would you prefer Blizzard to work on the sequel to Warcraft or turn the Diablo universe into a theatrical feature film?
    You would be very surprised at how little work Blizzard has to do on a sequel to 'Warcraft'. Metzen does a script outline (maybe) and that's about it.

Learn how Hollywood works. Once they get a story then Legendary and Duncan do their thing. Blizzard isn't really a movie studio. They've licensed an IP property to one with participation and investment rights.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-08-25 at 12:39 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Overwatch animation film.
    Please no owerwatch is so annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Is he speaking like he does in Vikings, in the Warcaft movie? Because that alone (not only him doing it, but fucking everybody) was the reason I had to stop watching it mid season 3, it just became too god damn over the top too much...
    Never watched Viking but it sounded like.. scandinavian or something so maybe. He cut words off midway and he was the ONLY one doing it too.. his "sister" or adopted-sister I have no idea since Lothar doesn't friggin have a sister in normal lore was half-black and spoke with a brittish accent.. his son spoke differently aswel. It was just so incredibly distracting.

Like; "Deyr strongr, b smahtr"

And Varian doesn't have a sister, too. It seems they have some weird quota of colored characters they had to fulfill.

Warcraft 1
    warcraft 2: The second war
    warcraft 3: The Battle of mount Hyjal

end of the first trilogy

warcraft 4: The gate of shifting sands
    warcraft 5: Burning Crusade
    warcraft 6: Wrath of The Lich King

end of second trilogy

warcraft 7: Cataclysm
    warcraft 8: Mist of Pandaria
    warcrsft 9: Warlord of Draenor

end of third trilogy

spinoff:
    warcraft: Thrall
    warcraft: Malfurion
    warcraft: Arthas

forth trilogy:
    Warcraft 10: legion
    Warcraft 11: ?
    warcraft 12: ?

spinoff Illidan
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Warcraft, Starcraft or Overwatch (animated).

I don't think Diablo has as much of an original theme as the other franchises.

Deleted
    A World of Warcraft movie made entirely cinematic intro style, or by using the in game models (similar to in-game cinematics). The Karazhan trailer made me want that latter all the more xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    Never watched Viking but it sounded like.. scandinavian or something so maybe. He cut words off midway and he was the ONLY one doing it too.. his "sister" or adopted-sister I have no idea since Lothar doesn't friggin have a sister in normal lore was half-black and spoke with a brittish accent.. his son spoke differently aswel. It was just so incredibly distracting.

Like; "Deyr strongr, b smahtr"
    Sounding Scandinavian, yep, his Vikings accent... Its distracting and annoying. I dont mind the Scandinavian sounding english (in general, and in shows or movies when scandinavian actors do it)... but when Fimmel does it, it sounds so fucking forced it just becomes dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    I think that they should make an Overwatch Cinematic series, because the small films that they have made so far are freakin' awesome, but that's beside the point. Given the choices, I prefer Warcraft story better than Diablo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Overwatch animation film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    The Warcraft series has more interesting lore, in my opinion. Diablo makes for fun slashem games, but the lore seems weak and not as fun / deep.

(don't get me wrong ... WoW/ Warcraft lore is now very terrible on convoluted ... BUT I think it makes for a better cinematic experience).

- - - Updated - - -

This would also be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    This

so

much

Overwatch has a nice lore which is pretty much useless. And their short are amazing.
    I could keep quoting, but I don't really need to. Agreeing with an Overwatch movie. The long cinematic we first saw was so luring, so full of chance once boosted with the other shorts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like others have mentioned I think they could make one hell of an animated film for overwatch. They could easilly use the engine they are already using for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I could keep quoting, but I don't really need to. Agreeing with an Overwatch movie. The long cinematic we first saw was so luring, so full of chance once boosted with the other shorts.
    It felt similar to a Pixar movie, which I actually really enjoyed.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    It felt similar to a Pixar movie, which I actually really enjoyed.
    That is how I felt with the Bastion short, was a beautiful piece of work. Didn't really feel like it was a short meant to identify a character in a game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were willing to give it a high enough rating, a Diablo movie could be awesome... but yeah, I'd much rather see an animated feature, for any franchise.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    was a beautiful piece of work.
    It really was. Beautiful art, rich story. This is why I think that Blizzard should focus on that instead of something like a Warcraft (sequel), Diablo, or Star Craft live-action.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6