Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Report: Non-western children are less empathetic than Danish

Is anyone else not surprised by this? It's quite clear that this has to do with their criminality.

https://www.information.dk/indland/2...patiske-danske

Preschool children of non-Western parents are inferior to the Danish and have poorer social skills than children of Danish parents, the study of 13,000 children in Denmark

A five-year child of non-Western parents have averaged less developed empathy, are less able to cooperate and find it harder to express his feelings than a three-year child of Danish parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Is anyone else not surprised by this? It's quite clear that this has to do with their criminality.

Preschool children of non-Western parents are inferior to the Danish and have poorer social skills than children of Danish parents, the study of 13,000 children in Denmark

A five-year child of non-Western parents have averaged less developed empathy, are less able to cooperate and find it harder to express his feelings than a three-year child of Danish parents.
    The criminality of five year old non-western children have reduced their empathy, indeed.
    Seriously, though, why don't you cool it with these racist rants of yours.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The criminality of five year old non-western children have reduced their empathy, indeed.
    Seriously, though, why don't you cool it with these racist rants of yours.
    There is nothing racist about this, this is science. Tomorrowdays fact.

It's always going to be easier to integrate and learn when you're closer to the local ethnicity.

Deleted
    Sentence of the century?
    Preschool children of non-Western parents are inferior to the Danish
    Isolating extremists like ISIS and the likes of Daneman is the challenge of this century for European society.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    So anti-refugee people are also inferior to the pro-refugee people because they are less empathetic?
    they have the empathy, just tempered with foresight. empathy for their people, the foresight to know that this will lead to nothing good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they have the empathy, just tempered with foresight. empathy for their people, the foresight to know that this will lead to nothing good.
    Yes especially if we listen to them.

Family looms large in most of humanity outside of the West so a non-Westerner might be very empathetic with his family members and not so much with strangers.

It's because cultures are different.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has chosen to link an article that is not in English, allowing him to present what he feels should be said. For an article in English: http://www.salon.com/2016/08/09/teac...piece-of-cake/

Yes, there is discussion of this, but it is in terms of Denmark having put an emphasis on developing empathy in the classroom, not on calling a vague group of non-Danish children criminals.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-08-25 at 09:23 AM. Reason: redundant wording
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Well, that's quite expected from the children who can speak the common language. (Unless that was somehow factored in, which I CBA to look for in a bad machine translation)

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    OP has chosen to link an article that is not in English, allowing him to present what he feels should be said. For an article in English: http://www.salon.com/2016/08/09/teac...piece-of-cake/

Yes, there is discussion of this, but it is in terms of Denmark having put an emphasis on developing empathy in the classroom, not on calling a vague group of non-Danish children criminals.
    Your article has nothing to do with mine. Stop derailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman
    Your article has nothing to do with mine. Stop derailing.
    I am not laughing *with* you. You are spam posting a variety of rather bigoted articles. The Salon article specifically addresses empathy in Danish schools. Don't like it? Find your article in English, since that's what language you're supposed to be posting in.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I am not laughing *with* you. You are spam posting a variety of rather bigoted articles. The Salon article specifically addresses empathy in Danish schools. Don't like it? Find your article in English, since that's what language you're supposed to be posting in.
    I am posting in english.

I don't know if you are aware of it but you can just right-click and click translate to english in chrome.

I am posting in english.

I don't know if you are aware of it but you can just right-click and click translate to english in chrome.
    Which makes it unreadable. Either post an english source or there is nothing to discuss, really.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Which makes it unreadable. Either post an english source or there is nothing to discuss, really.
    It's not unreadable with google translate. I just checked.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I have lots of empathy for myself and my own situation. Best Human 2016 award please!
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman
    Which leads to comments like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis
    which I CBA to look for in a bad machine translation
    Machine translation, even when it avoids serious translation errors, cannot handle things like tone. Machine translation of a page doesn't give us much to evaluate the reliability of the source either.

So, I actually understand what you are saying, but it doesn't make it any less ironic..

Your claim is younger Danish kids have more empathy than their non western counterparts.

yet you also say in the same breath almost..

'It's quite clear that this has to do with their criminality.'
    'Preschool children of non-Western parents are inferior to the Danish'

Which goes on to prove that not all Danes have this empathy, or emotional intelligence. you are literally disproving your own theory..
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    So, I actually understand what you are saying, but it doesn't make it any less ironic..

Your claim is younger Danish kids have more empathy than their non western counterparts.

yet you also say in the same breath almost..

'It's quite clear that this has to do with their criminality.'
    'Preschool children of non-Western parents are inferior to the Danish'

Which goes on to prove that not all Danes have this empathy, or emotional intelligence. you are literally disproving your own theory..
    *mindblow*

Machine translation, even when it avoids serious translation errors, cannot handle things like tone. Machine translation of a page doesn't give us much to evaluate the reliability of the source either.
    You can just google information newspaper denmark, which would lead you to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagbladet_Information

Information (Danish pronunciation: [enfɒmæˈɕoːˀn]), full name: Dagbladet Information ([ˈdɑʊ̯ˌblæˀð enfɒmæˈɕoːˀn]), is a Danish newspaper published Monday through Saturday.

Dagbladet Information was established and published by the Danish resistance movement in 1943 during World War II.[1][2] The paper was edited by Børge Outze[3] and was illegal during the war as it was not regulated by the German occupying power.[2][3] Following the liberation on 5 May 1945 Dagbladet Information was a reality and was officially founded in August 1945.[2] Outze continued to work as the paper's editor in chief to his death in 1980. It has its headquarters in Copenhagen.[4]

The newspaper, which despite being politically independent, is regarded as left liberal[3] and leftist[5] by some, but known as being equally critical in its point of view of all political organizations.