10+ Year Old Account
    "Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book"

Donald Trump used his campaign funds to buy thousands of copies of his own book at retail cost, simultaneously diverting donor money back into his pockets while artificially boosting his sales figures. It’s a tactic that may be illegal, campaign finance experts say.

On May 10, the Trump campaign paid Barnes & Noble $55,055, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission. That amounts to more than 3,500 copies of the hardcover version of Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again, or just over 5,000 copies of the renamed paperback release, Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America.

A spokesperson for the Republican nominee told The Daily Beast the books were purchased “as part of gifting at the convention, which we have to do.” Sure enough, delegates in attendance at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July were given canvas tote bags, stamped with the Trump slogan, and filled with copies of Crippled America, as well as Kleenex and Make America Great Again! cups, hats, and T-shirts. Delegates were also given plastic fetus figurines.

Paul Ryan (not that one), of the nonpartisan nonprofit Campaign Legal Center, said that Trump would have to forgo accepting royalties for sales on the book in order for the transaction to be legal, under Federal Election Committee rules.

When asked if Trump agreed to forgo royalties for sales of the book, the Trump campaign refused to comment on the record while representatives at Simon & Schuster, Trump’s publisher, did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

Federal campaign law dictates that campaign spending must not “result in the conversion of campaign funds to the personal use of the candidate or any other person.”

Still, Trump has continued on the offensive this week, calling for a special investigation against his opponent, Hillary Clinton, and her family’s foundation, which he claims is “crooked.”

On a Monday morning edition of Fox & Friends, Trump called Bill and Hillary Clinton “grifters” and said that “the whole thing with them is a scam.”

"Donald Trump appears to have donated $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation"
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Trump is playing the game almost perfectly, Hillary is so behind...she can't get more than 50 ppl in a gathering, Trump's gonna win by a landslide
    I hope this is sarcasm because the polls say otherwise and the 2012 Mitt Romney support was the same. We all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm because the polls say otherwise and the 2012 Mitt Romney support was the same. We all know how that turned out.
    Oh just let them live the fantasy IMO. November will be drowned by "rigged election" tears.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Oh just let them live the fantasy IMO. November will be drowned by "rigged election" tears.
    Its not something to so lightly push aside. Politicians stoking unfounded fears of stolen elections undermines faith in the election process. Undermine it enough and it ceases to be seen as the only legitimate way to transfer power.

A democracy is only as healthy as it can peacefully and legitimately transfer power to an opposition party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Trump's gonna win by a landslide
    Not sure if serious. Demographic shifts make it impossible for a Republican to win a national election these days. 40% of whites, 95% of blacks, 70% of hispanics and 70% of asians vote Democrat. With whites slowly becoming a minority, the US will become a one party state. And the fact that white liberals ultimately celebrate this fact makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, no shit it should regulated. Now, to stop my assumptions, what federal regulation did Trump specifically state he would remove? Let's see if it my assumption or you being vague.
    Trump was being vague on those as always. Quoting news, 'said he'd place a temporary moratorium on federal regulations, calling them the "anchor dragging us down" while vowing to "massively" cut them down.'
    Anything specific he would said shouldn't be trusted anyway. He said they are harmful to business, and he vowed to cut them down "massively", that's all there is to it.

And that claim of his is different from Clinton.

Up until the 90s, you had no European or Japanese or American cars. What limited Russian used cars is the fact that they were shit compared to their counterparts. Now, you are stuck taking shit jobs for shit pay, which is destroying your market. But, you want that for US? Nope, I do not...
    "Taking shit jobs for shit pay, which is destroying your market"? Wait, do you mean Chinese pay is destroying Chinese market too? :/
    Can you expand your logic? People are getting paid, they get enough to buy cars, and they buy enough for Russian market to be attractive for international corporations investing into building factories. How exactly do you measure "shittiness" here?

No, I am 100% real, I just said the complete opposite of what you just claimed. I said we shouldn't compete for those jobs, because doing so is a race to the bottom. Your assumption (lol) of what I said is lunacy, which you seem to recognize, yet still think has a chance of being real. Glorious!!
    Well, you should have said "race to the bottom" then to make your position clear. And no, you can still compete without "becoming communist". Russian salaries at the moment when factories were built were higher, that didn't stop factories from happening. Chinese salaries are also going up, they are not remaining at bottom forever.

Cutting market access means a lot bigger losses to those corporations then going along with alternative plans - and you can provide loans and tax cuts to them to make that transition less painful.

Tariffs are also legitimate tool in government arsenal to make that happen, and they don't even have to be "terrible" to work.
    Hell, Trump has said he'll cut corporate taxes by more then half (from 35% to 15%), do you understand how big tariff can be imposed here and still have corporations making profits compared to current situation?

Also, had you ever looked how much labor costs actually contribute to total costs of manufacturing to claim they are ultimate measure of corporate profits rather then penny-pinching by corporate execs?

On other hand, people who are working in manufacturing get more then "bartenders and waiters" where US is seeing highest job growth at the moment, they can buy more goods, that in turn boosts production and improves market, not "destroys" it. Some people are already stuck getting shit jobs for shit pay in US, or outright forced into welfare. You need to expand job market for those not college-educated to get consumption back on track.

Check this graph:

Nope, the complete opposite. I need you to quote exactly what leads you to believe I said this. We'll see which one of us is serial...
    You are claiming that corporations will not build manufacturing in US just because US salaries are too high (at least you provided no other reason yet).

That's just one part of equation driving profits. Trump has shown he wants to change all parts of equation so that profits are still made but manufacturing moves to US. It is possible, and it has been done by others.

I mean exactly what I said... What are you having issues with?
    Obviously you mean exactly what you said, but let's repeat what you said:
    A simple question, why do you think Russia doesn't take the necessary steps, to take those jobs from China? You have the land. You have the labor force. What are you missing? The answer should be obvious
    NO. The answer isn't obvious at all. In fact we do not have rural labor force that could be tapped for rapid industrialization as it happened in China - we used up that one in industrialization during 1930-1950s. We cannot compete with China in that regard even if salaries would be the same.
    We have lots of land - but 99% of it outside of cities lacks infrastructure and population to support any manufacturing.

So please, do tell what is obvious to you.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-08-25 at 01:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did Trump actually believe going pro amnesty would help him win more of the electorate?

I get that he thinks he's pandering well, but you have to pander out of both sides of your mouth on issues that aren't cornerstones of your campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What is the fixation with manufacturing jobs anyway? Considering that jobs in the knowledge and service sector have increased, it's obvious why that graph left those out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    What is the fixation with manufacturing jobs anyway? Considering that jobs in the knowledge and service sector have increased, it's obvious why that graph left those out.
    "Bartender/Waiter" are exactly those "service sector jobs" that have grown.

Jobs that actually pay half-decent salary are stagnating.

Trump supporters are people who suffered from globalization. When these people say "they took our jobs" that's literally what happened. Why pay these Trump supporters $27 an hour to install a handle on a car door when the same job can be done in Vietnam for $3 an hour?

Their dads could afford to buy a house, a new car every other year and they got health insurance with no deductible. These jobs moved away.

The population of these Trump supporters is slowly shrinking so even if they do manage to elect Trump which I really doubt, in the near future their numbers will be too small to elect anyone.

If Trump loses, I think we should help the Trump supporters somehow. It's not their fault globalization hit them as hard as it did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by 7-4 View Post
    Not sure if serious. Demographic shifts make it impossible for a Republican to win a national election these days. 40% of whites, 95% of blacks, 70% of hispanics and 70% of asians vote Democrat. With whites slowly becoming a minority, the US will become a one party state. And the fact that white liberals ultimately celebrate this fact makes me sick.
    Not that I disagree with your intentions but your math is lacking some factors, like the size of each demographic.
    https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/

Your math is saying, "You have to eat 75% of this pastry." But not telling us if the pastry is a cookie, a cupcake or a double layer cake. Whites are not becoming a minority, what they say is that whites will in 2 decades be outnumbered by all minorities combined.

The white population is so large that it is entirely possible for a republican to win the White House on the white republican vote, you know if the candidate was competent, had a moral compass, was a member of the party he was elected to as nominee and could stick to their campaign policy.

At first I didn't really support Trump, I more felt sympathy for him because of the way the corrupt media and corrupt politicians treated him. Trump is someone who could have been in the Majors but chose to honor his father by becoming CEO of his father's real estate business and growing it into an empire, that started The Apprentice so that some lucky person interested in real estate can enjoy on his success, and loves America so much that he decided to run for President. I now support Trump 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

I fixed it for you - you are quite welcome! (Or to put it another way, Trump could win every single current swing state and would still lose.)
    You know what's funny? I've been checking that every day, and I got a sickly feeling when Trump broke the 12% barrier.

If Hillary doesn't have at least an 88% chance of victory, it's too close!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did Trump actually believe going pro amnesty would help him win more of the electorate?

I get that he thinks he's pandering well, but you have to pander out of both sides of your mouth on issues that aren't cornerstones of your campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not amnesty to the extent they will be given citizenship. Will it get him some more votes? Maybe. Time will tell how much. There was never a realistic chance he could deport 11+ million illegals anyway. Any which have committed crimes here will go. This is a good decision.

He once said he has never known a good businessman who is not flexible. Shifting on some thing has to be done at times. This really will not cause him to lose any votes of noticeable amounts. Because his platform in it's entirety is still one a lot of people find attractive and agree with. I still feel he will lose however. So no need for you guys to get too excited on him making a humane change.

Manufacturing jobs are the ones most middle class families are employed doing which pays well I think. So it is something worthy to be fixated on. A decrease in them will result in fewer taxes being paid and less of a secure future for millions of families.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not amnesty to the extent they will be given citizenship. Will it get him some more votes? Maybe. Time will tell how much. There was never a realistic chance he could deport 11+ million illegals anyway. Any which have committed crimes here will go. This is a good decision.

He once said he has never known a good businessman who is not flexible. Shifting on some thing has to be done at times. This really will not cause him to lose any votes of noticeable amounts. Because his platform in it's entirety is still one a lot of people find attractive and agree with. I still feel he will lose however. So no need for you guys to get too excited on him making a humane change.

Manufacturing jobs are the ones most middle class families are employed doing which pays well I think. So it is something worthy to be fixated on. A decrease in them will result in fewer taxes being paid and less of a secure future for millions of families.
    Trump isn't going to convince Latinos that he changed his mind enough to make any traction in that demographic of latinos that don't support him and he actually stands to lose more of his base's votes than he stands to gain in latin votes. Is it nice that he is a flexible business man? Sure, but this isn't about him being flexible, it is about his base being flexible and I can sure as shit tell you that the base isn't 'flexible' when it comes to immigration.

Trump is backing off being against illegal immigration. He's going to lose a lot of support if he moves from his hardline position.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    At first I didn't really support Trump, I more felt sympathy for him because of the way the corrupt media and corrupt politicians treated him. Trump is someone who could have been in the Majors but chose to honor his father by becoming CEO of his father's real estate business and growing it into an empire, that started The Apprentice so that some lucky person interested in real estate can enjoy on his success, and loves America so much that he decided to run for President. I now support Trump 100%.

You are being sarcastic right, just like Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary is a horrible candidate. Dishonest, corrupt, dubious ties ...

If Trump loses to her, this will be a record. Worse candidate to ever run for Presidency, likely? Here comes the funny part. He was meant to be a game changer! His followers have buried their collective heads in sand. Atleast with Hillary, it is more of a Democrat vs. Republican thing. Everyone wishes for a better candidate. With Trump, it was "death to republican party, here comes Jesus number 2".

Just how delusional people can be?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You are being sarcastic right, just like Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary is a horrible candidate. Dishonest, corrupt, dubious ties ...

If Trump loses to her, this will be a record. Worse candidate to ever run for Presidency, likely? Here comes the funny part. He was meant to be a game changer! His followers have buried their collective heads in sand. Atleast with Hillary, it is more of a Democrat vs. Republican thing. Everyone wishes for a better candidate. With Trump, it was "death to republican party, here comes Jesus number 2".

Just how delusional people can be?
    Correction, Jesus #3. Everyone knows that Reagan was Jesus #2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Trump is backing off being against illegal immigration. He's going to lose a lot of support if he moves from his hardline position.
    No he wont. His supporters are not "issue" voters.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, undeserved meta superiority is really where the action is at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Do you have any meaningful thing to add?
    I am wondering how I can let people know I am a good person, I know Trump is 20? points down and has about as much chance of becoming president as the 2nd coming of Harambe happening. But its still important people know how great I am and I need to signal that.

So like, Okay, reposting AJ+ videos and Now This is a good start, maybe changing my various avatars to a caricature of him? Should I make one Anti-Trump post a day or hour?

I know the polls show he can't win and it seems kind of like just masturbation and jerking each other off but I think people really need to signal their virtue even harder now then ever.

- - - Updated - - -

How reliable is the pay? How many are the jobs? How secure are they? How long term are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    http://fortune.com/2016/08/24/donald...-farage-rally/

Appearing at a rally in Jackson, Mississippi, Donald Trump was joined onstage Wednesday night by a similar politician from across the pond—Nigel Farage, the former leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party.

Farage was one of the main figures who led the successful push for the UK’s vote to leave the European Union, commonly known as “Brexit.” He has drawn many comparisons to Trump for his harsh, outsider style and for his anti-immigrant rhetoric, considered by many to be racist.

“Working people and the great people of the UK took control of their destiny,” Trump said as he introduced Farage, before claiming that the same “rigged system” exists in both the United States and the UK.

“I was very supportive of their right to do it and to take control of their own future, like we’re going to do on Nov. 8,” Trump said.

Farage didn’t praise Trump, instead focusing on his own success and why he pushed Britain to leave the EU— though he did say that “if I was an American citizen, I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if you paid me.”

“I come to you from the United Kingdom with a message of hope and a message of optimism,” he said. “We can overcome the big banks, and we can overcome the multinationals. And we did.”

The British politician did note that Brexit was able to win by reaching voters who had never voted before—perhaps an oblique reference to the idea that Trump is reaching working class voters who feel disenfranchised by normal electoral politics.

“If you want change in this country, you better get your walking boots on, you better get out there campaigning,” said Farage. “And remember, anything is possible if enough decent people are prepared to stand up against the establishment.”

Trump has praised Brexit immensely during his campaign, including immediately after the vote during his trip to Scotland, though Scottish voters had actually voted to remain. Many political commentators have drawn a comparison between Trump’s right-wing populism and that of UKIP, particularly when it comes to immigration.
    Not really unrelated to Trump, but seriously, fuck Farage, especially the bolded part.