Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Feedback ???
    You mean just like the 2800+ posts you guys /ignore on the ret forum ?

So what happened to the three hunter feedback threads on the US forum? Completely ignored? They were filled with useful suggestions and information collected for months.
    But hey, the pet attack issue was there for months and Watcher (I think it was him) was surprised on twitter that anything was wrong with it.

bla bla bla we nerfed AP gains bla bla bla

what a lot of bs - alts are now officialy dead in legion sad times

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

lol dude .. do u even read the whole think and tried to comprehend it? or just a fking doomsayer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Feedback ???
    You mean just like the 2800+ posts you guys /ignore on the ret forum ?
    Ret should be weak. As should feral dps and all the other hybrid dps classes. A pure DPS class should always outrank the jack of all trades. It makes my eyes bleed when I see hybrid dps outranking me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Confused.. does this mean as a holy paladin leveling as retri.. I should now consume the artifact power items as I receive them instead of saving them for my holy artifact at 110?
    That was not what this whole wall of text is about. It is about people intending to wait with turning in quests till their artifact knowlage level is high.
    What it should mean to you:
    You are not losing out if you spend the AP on your other spec right away (Once you hit level 110; or 102-which is when you can get the second artifact).

Quote Originally Posted by Neta View Post
    Ret should be weak. As should feral dps and all the other hybrid dps classes. A pure DPS class should always outrank the jack of all trades. It makes my eyes bleed when I see hybrid dps outranking me.
    Got mentaly stuck somewhere in Vanilla/TBC, have we?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I doubt you read anything but the words "nerfed AP gains".
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-25 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Got mentaly stuck somewhere in Vanilla/TBC, have we?
    Not at all bud! That's just my opinion. If you split your efforts over 2/3 roles something should suffer. If you dedicate 100% of your role to DPS, you should be rewarded with the ability to surpass hybrid DPS a little Ideally, hybrid roles should be able to keep up to a certain extent, but pure DPS played to its maximum should have the edge.

Anyway this isn't really on point, sorry for butting in

Deleted
    Not at all bud! That's just my opinion. If you split your efforts over 2/3 roles something should suffer. If you dedicate 100% of your role to DPS, you should be rewarded with the ability to surpass hybrid DPS a little Ideally, hybrid roles should be able to keep up to a certain extent, but pure DPS played to its maximum should have the edge.

Well most of these so-called "hybrid dps" are not hybrid at all; druids with the hybrid talent choice perhaps, but that would be all.
    Everyone else has rather low selfhealing and no real tanking capabilities.

So you can only really do 100% within the role you play.
    The bonus you "pure" dps classes get is that you can always switch to the favor of the month spec or just choose which playstyle suits you better and that should be enough. Heck, most of the "pure" dps classes in Legion even have the luxury others don't; the choice of weapon.

Well at least each token is now an even 4 classes now.

By that same reasoning -- should a Demon Hunter be able to out-perform a Paladin as a tank since a Demon Hunter can't heal?

Not exactly.

Not only you can't change your spec in combat to be a real "hybrid", but a pure DPS has way more versatility in the DPS area with 3 DPS specs to use. You don't have that luxury as a Paladin for example. If retri sucks at aoe, that's it, you'll be bad in aoe scenarios. A pure DPS will probably have another spec way better at aoe to choose from his 3 specs.

A pure dps class should have a dps tool for every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    Hunter feedback? Uh, yeah my feedback is: f*ck you! You killed off the hunter spec I played since BC.
    Yeah it's a bit disingenuous to ask for feedback when the Legion Hunter thread is chock full of it and the General Hunter thread is chock full of it, and none of it has really changed in months.

Camo: why isn't this baseline?
    Aspect of Cheetah/Exhiliration/Mend Pet: why are these SO. GODDAMNED. TERRIBLE?
    Class utility: WHERE IS IT? Took traps away from BM and gave absolutely nothing in return. We can't banish/enslave/seduce/gate/summon people/give underwater breathing, like warlocks. Can't teleport/polymorph/create food like mages. Can't stealth/sap/unlock boxes/pickpocket like rogues. Aren't a hybrid that can heal OR tank in addition to DPSing, like druids, warriors, death knights, priests, paladins, shamans, monks, demon hunters...

So? WTF do we really bring aside from ranged dps? Whats that - nothing? Great, good chat, thanks class rep, 6 days before expansion launch is a great time to ask for feedback.

/sigh
    Last edited by splatomat; 2016-08-25 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Also wording seems to acknowledge a lack of a class owner.
    Boss man: "Hunter numbers are way down atm - does anyone know why?"
    Guy 1: "I'm looking at the melee classes obv. Not my job"
    Guy 2: "I'm looking at the ranged casters obv. Not my job #magesrock"
    Guy 3: "uh so I've been looking at DH because they're new"
    Boss man: "fuck so no one has been looking at hunters?"
    All: ".... Uh yeah that seems to be the case...."
    Boss man: ".... Someone get me that new guy."
    New guy: "yes boss?"
    Boss man: "you're now responsible for hunters."
    New guy: ".... We have hunters?"
    Hunter community: "................ Fml"
    Ornyx isn't a dev, he is a community manager.

I disagree. All dps specs should perform at the same level given the same effort and skill. The fact that a class can do different roles is irrelevant to the spec the player is playing at that moment. What about the players that don't like healing and tanking but enjoy playing druid or paladin? They are "pure" dps for all intents and purposes. Why screw them over with a prejudicial ideology that full witches and wizards are better than mudbloods?

The hybrid-is-bad curse is only because hybrid classes had, and still sort of have, some bleedover from their other specs. Ret had too much self-healing, feral had too much survivability, and so on. Legion took the right step forward with some separation of specs. Ret survivability is pretty low right now.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-08-25 at 06:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    "Let's talk about Hunter feedback guys! all you need is an active USA account to post on the USA forums because we consistently don't bother reading EU forums."

Seems about right.
    same me, im eu..

but we see and hopefully blizzard, that in the short time , the feedback give one clear answer..

the legion hunter design is a fail!

i hope this feedback is for the next hunter design for the xpac after legion.

please blizzard make traps and camo baseline for all three specs and scratch the new aspect and bring the old!

and for all was good and holy is, bring back the unique pet buffs and attacks!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2016-08-25 at 08:35 PM.

Tims time-lapse rocks!

With the change to AK affecting ArtPow from quest/treasures now i plan to focus on profession/order hall campaign to lvl along with a few randoms then once i get that first rank in AK i will slowly work on each zone but not turning in the quests that give ArtPow till my next AK comes thru then turn all those in and fill quest log again with a bunch of ArtPow turn ins waiting for the next AK work order to finish before i turn them in. I will keep doing that till i hit Loremaster then go treasure hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Yeah it's a bit disingenuous to ask for feedback when the Legion Hunter thread is chock full of it and the General Hunter thread is chock full of it, and none of it has really changed in months.

Camo: why isn't this baseline?
    Aspect of Cheetah/Exhiliration/Mend Pet: why are these SO. GODDAMNED. TERRIBLE?
    Class utility: WHERE IS IT? Took traps away from BM and gave absolutely nothing in return. We can't banish/enslave/seduce/gate/summon people/give underwater breathing, like warlocks. Can't teleport/polymorph/create food like mages. Can't stealth/sap/unlock boxes/pickpocket like rogues. Aren't a hybrid that can heal OR tank in addition to DPSing, like druids, warriors, death knights, priests, paladins, shamans, monks, demon hunters...

So? WTF do we really bring aside from ranged dps? Whats that - nothing? Great, good chat, thanks class rep, 6 days before expansion launch is a great time to ask for feedback.

/sigh
    I can tell you after working in the software business for 20 years, none of this is new. The development team is a lazy bunch of programmers, period.

L to the A to the Z to the Y.

Destroying a spec without building another? Lazy. Maybe their managers are just that incompetent, that they don't know how to motivate developers.

And trust me, you're going to need a LOT of motivation to make the changes they made to Legion's Hunter class. They are idiotic changes: I am sure the developers have been fighting their managers this whole time.

Thus, you get ridiculous 'Calls for Feedback' from the inept managers like you see here. They are too clueless to know where and when they originally asked for feedback, so they are making a new call for feedback, days from release!

Anyway, eventually they will revert or rebuild these RaNdOm classes, so hoping these changes are better in the next expansion pack (2 years from now).

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    I can tell you after working in the software business for 20 years, none of this is new. The development team is a lazy bunch of programmers, period.

L to the A to the Z to the Y.

Destroying a spec without building another? Lazy. Maybe their managers are just that incompetent, that they don't know how to motivate developers.

And trust me, you're going to need a LOT of motivation to make the changes they made to Legion's Hunter class. They are idiotic changes: I am sure the developers have been fighting their managers this whole time.

Thus, you get ridiculous 'Calls for Feedback' from the inept managers like you see here. They are too clueless to know where and when they originally asked for feedback, so they are making a new call for feedback, days from release!

Anyway, eventually they will revert or rebuild these RaNdOm classes, so hoping these changes are better in the next expansion pack (2 years from now).
    I love when experts post on the forum. Always a lot to be learned from those experts. They know so much about everything in their field and how other companies work. Apparently they can even judge other people's work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    I love when experts post on the forum. Always a lot to be learned from those experts. They know so much about everything in their field and how other companies work. Apparently they can even judge other people's work ethic.
    Sarcasm: the lowest form of wit.