Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Because different people. Also cops arent allowed guns in U.K and still different places. But if you wanna be small Im sure as hell certain there are places in the U.S where less than 100 bullets are used by cops. Remember Either use the entire Thing or none of it you can't cheery pick.
    The US us a country just like germany or the UK. The comparison is sound you ignorant dipshit.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-08-25 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So German police will not shoot when I try to reach for a gun when they are trying to apprehend me? Unless you show me a rule stating that, I call bullshit.
    That's not what I wrote...

Of course police will shoot you if you pull a gun on them and they think that you intend to kill. I was responding to a post talking about civilian justifiable homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So German police will not shoot when I try to reach for a gun when they are trying to apprehend me? Unless you show me a rule stating that, I call bullshit.
    They don't kill as soon as they see a gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Could you though? Any country Europe is far more dense than the US. Unless your talking about on the mega cities in the US, New York, LA, Chicago, whatever, you're average cop in Europe will directly/indirectly encounter more people in a day than a US cop would. Someone do the math. Every country in Europe is more dense than the US except Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Greenland.
    But that would only make my argument stronger, not weaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    We have protections in the US from Police you don't have.
    What protections? - Never mind, how does more protections from the police result in more Americans shot and killed by police?
    Our rights can't be revoked by a simple majority vote by our legislature.
    Literally ever single country in Europe has a constitution, with the sole exception of the UK.
    Every country has two in fact, the EHCR - Which is a document of rights, that is binding - (so the UK has the one constitution)
    You have lawsuit limitations and caps that aren't present in the US system.
    Again how does that - Reduce - police shootings in the EU?
    When you can offer some meaningful comparison between the US and some other similar country, I'm all ears. Until then, take your opinionated nonsense elsewhere.
    When you can bring forth something that is likely to improve your position, take your delusional nonsense elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    No, I'm not calling any western country uncivilized. I know that firearm deaths and shootings are on the decline in the US and have been since the early 90s. I know that out of all the shootings that have made the national/world news, only one of those was ruled improper. I'm not defending blanket deadly use of force. But the US is as safe if not safer than any European city unless you're a drug dealer living in the bad part of town. Bad guys get shot in the US. In Europe they just get knifed or glassed. Excuse me if I don't shed a tear while gang bangers kill each other. Doing us a favor in my opinion.
    Surely you have a source for those two claims?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Surely you have a source for those two claims?
    Of course he has, let´s just take a look at the global peace index and .. 103rd place ... oh.

Ok, forget that, let´s look at the prosperity index and .. hm 11th, hey not so bad ..
    "11. United States — The world's most powerful country scored higher than any other in the Legatum Institute's health category, but its citizens are among the least safe and secure on this list. The US was 33rd in this subindex."

shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Does Legatum Institue's health category by chance measure what health care you can get in a country if you have unlimited funds (read: money) at your disposal?

Or maybe it measures the health of the Legatum Institute (by using distance from prefered hospital of its sponsors as a metric)?

Just looked at their data a bit, did they seriously mess up the flags of several major countries?
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-08-25 at 11:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does Legatum Institue's health category by chance measure what health care you can get in a country if you have unlimited funds (read: money) at your disposal?

Or maybe it measures the health of the Legatum Institute (by using distance from prefered hospital of its sponsors as a metric)?

Just looked at their data a bit, did they seriously mess up the flags of several major countries?
    I didn´t look further into it, it was just a quick google search, if they did anything wrong i do hope they did it wrong across all countries and not just some.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I didn´t look further into it, it was just a quick google search, if they did anything wrong i do hope they did it wrong across all countries and not just some.
    i'm not claiming they made a lot of methodical errors, I'm just worried that if they fail to connect the right flags to the countries on their official homepage then they might be a bit sloppy overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Deaf people can be idiots too. But this is Florida right? So of course he had to shoot. It seems to be standard procedure.
    It sure does look like that. 2017 police ad will ask "Want to shoot poor black people or otherwise disabled? Join the corps!" :/

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm not claiming they made a lot of methodical errors, I'm just worried that if they fail to connect the right flags to the countries on their official homepage then they might be a bit sloppy overall.
    Could be yes, maybe thewalkindude can come up with something better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumchuck View Post
    I tend to think that the ease with which any person can get a gun creates an "arms race" situation where the police are on heightened alert even for things like routine traffic stops. So when the civilian does anything out of the ordinary, the situation escalates a lot faster than it should. I'm guessing, of course. Would be interesting to hear from actual police.
    Dunno, if my memory serves me right, during The Troubles in Northern Ireland, we had soliders doing regular road checks and I don't recall any shootings like the one listed here or in previous threads. Of course, these were army men and I assume their training is better than that of a police officer. I am however confident The Troubles was a more tense situation than what American is in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    Dunno, if my memory serves me right, during The Troubles in Northern Ireland, we had soliders doing regular road checks and I don't recall any shootings like the one listed here or in previous threads. Of course, these were army men and I assume their training is better than that of a police officer. I am however confident The Troubles was a more tense situation than what American is in.
    I don't think guns were as well spread and anyway the troubles resulted in a series of major terrorist attacks.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only in Murica lol

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Except when a "college kid" is literally eating his victim's face...
    I saw recently something about that how the white person wasn't shot but the black person was.

To that I say, wasn't the white victim's already dead? and the black victim alive? I would say the white person shouldn't have been shot in that case because the person is already dead and isn't exactly a mortal threat to them anymore, the black guy still was a threat he was actively eating a live person.

- - - Updated - - -

Our officers are barely (not at all) trained long learn to learn how to deal with non-disabled people in various ways, let alone someone with a speech and hearing imparement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    He shot an un-armed person. Must have done something wrong no matter what with that. Especially when it was a fatal shooting.

Honestly I can't see why they should not be allowed to drive. But they should of course be extra aware with checking their rear window and such, but honestly... how much do you use your hearing when driving?
    In most states, your not allowed to have your music too loud and your not allowed to drive with headphones on/in your ears for this very reason. You cant hear sirens coming from that ambulance coming up on an intersection. You cant hear the police walking up on your car. You cant hear the honk of someone when you make a mistake (we all have done this) and dont see that person in your blind spot. Theres a plethora of reasons why most states have restrictions on hearing for drivers.

Im not sure if the hearing impaired get a pass, but I have been pulled over for earbuds in Maryland. My radio didn't work at the time, and I got a $50 ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    He shot an un-armed person. Must have done something wrong no matter what with that. Especially when it was a fatal shooting.

Honestly I can't see why they should not be allowed to drive. But they should of course be extra aware with checking their rear window and such, but honestly... how much do you use your hearing when driving?
    Ummm... All the time... I have 0 problems hearing sirens and I do have my music loud but not louder than a siren. If you can't hear sirens, do yourself a favor and turn it down a notch or suffer hearing loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Nothing of that had anything to do with your claim that the US has vastly more police encounters than europe.

Incarceration rate? Seriously? You have for profit prisons and a different legal system than europe apart from Ireland and the UK.

And about that over policed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olice_officers
    Jesus Christ, here I will post it yet again http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4779

Yes incarceration rates and over policing show how, even with the same or less police force, they harass the public (for perceived petty crimes) to the point that the public turns on them. I mean I get it, you dont understand because you may not live in the US or in a high policed area so you may not totally understand this mindset. Most neighborhoods view the police as the enemy and dont cooperate with investigations which make policing crime tougher. So when you have what is perceived to be the enemy trying to enforce laws, the public wont respond in kind, this increases the rate of those who feel they are over policed, to resist and we know resisting the police does not end well.

Take for instance this guy, he had five misdemeanor charges in Denver one was obstructing the police. Arrested twice in FL once of petty theft the other speeding with an additional charge of resisting which was dropped. In CT he plead guilty to interfering and resisting arrest. One guy, nine incidents in eight years with the police, the last which turned deadly. His luck with resisting arrest finally ran out, something bad happened, he came across a police officer who deemed his actions a threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I don't think guns were as well spread and anyway the troubles resulted in a series of major terrorist attacks.
    Kinda my point, I don't recall many "civilians" being killed by the government at the peak of the The Troubles. Even when it was a high alert. The gun point, I wouldn't really know. Never had one and I know no one that does (unless they used to be in the army or police officer as they are still considered a target by a certain group).

All I am saying is that I think the BS excuse of them being "tense" or "on edge" is just that, BS.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ummm... All the time... I have 0 problems hearing sirens and I do have my music loud but not louder than a siren. If you can't hear sirens, do yourself a favor and turn it down a notch or suffer hearing loss.
    But could you not drive perfectly fine without hearing? Personally i rarely listen to music, and only have the radio on in case of a traffic-message (message informing of accidents and such in the area). But during every day driving you don't use your hearing much, and I don't know about you, but I more often than not see the ambulance behind me before I hear it, unless I have my window rolled down.