Poll: Is PolitiFact Biased

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If PolitiFact is internet based then yes they are biased, and swing way to the left. Out of thousands of publications on the web only a handful swing right.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    We can agree to disagree. Most of what Trump has done has been shady shit in business. Most of what Hilary has done has been shady shit in politics. I'd rather shady business than shady politics.
    You want to take a shady businessman who hasn't done an honest day's work in his life and make him a politician. Seriously, Trump has never been into politics beyond giving a few of them money. What sensitive information he has been trusted with has been completely mishandled far beyond using a personal email server.

As I said, he's been convicted 38 times. That's some kind of record for a person who's never been to jail and always paid the fine.

Let's not put someone who has proven he is the most corrupt and incompetent man in business into a position where he can prove that he can be just as bad as a politician.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And why might that be?
    Maybe because they are owned by a paper that endorsed Clinton this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So basically, your just posting here about them lying more than Dems think is you talking to yourself, and you're not trying to make an objective claim.
    You can look at previous posts if you want. Generally it looks like shoddy reporting and bias to me. Cherypicking sources to prove Democrats right and Republicans wrong. Not always but it happened quite a bit more than the other way around from 20+ articles I've read on there today.

Other things to take into consideration are which claims they decide to truth test and which they don't because obviously they don't cover nearly every claim that major politicians make.

And like I've said before they have biases or ties to Democrats in their business itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Maybe because they are owned by a paper that endorsed Clinton this year.

- - - Updated - - -

You can look at previous posts if you want. Generally it looks like shoddy reporting and bias to me. Cherypicking sources to prove Democrats right and Republicans wrong. Not always but it happened quite a bit more than the other way around from 20+ articles I've read on there today.

Other things to take into consideration are which claims they decide to truth test and which they don't because obviously they don't cover nearly every claim that major politicians make.

And like I've said before they have biases or ties to Democrats in their business itself.
    We've often asked people to pick out politifact articles, and point out where it is wrong or biased, and nobody ever links specific articles, or if they do their reason for why it's wrong falls firmly into conspiracy theory territory, like Clinton's supposedly long list of assassinations.

So yeah, pick out an article and why you think it's wrong along with supporting evidence.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

We've often asked people to pick out politifact articles, and point out where it is wrong or biased, and nobody ever links specific articles, or if they do their reason for why it's wrong falls firmly into conspiracy theory territory, like Clinton's supposedly long list of assassinations.

So yeah, pick out an article and why you think it's wrong along with supporting evidence.
    I've done that six times this thread, feel free to go back and look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Or maybe Trump lies constantly and Clinton only occasionally.

What a notion.
    I like to imagine the both lie just as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Is the OP a right-winger with his panties in a bunch over the fact that his favorite politicians are liars?
    Is the OP incensed that the truth and the facts don't agree with his/her beliefs?

You decide.

Is snopes biased? As much as Politifact.

I've done that six times this thread, feel free to go back and look for yourself.
    You didn't actually do that though. Obama said our standing in the WORLD was better, Politifact backed that up with stats, and then you said "BUT NOT IN THESE SPECIFIC TWO OR THREE COUNTRIES!" Either you don't understand what the whole world is, or you just don't care.

Things are either true or they aren't.

If Obama says America is the most respected country in the world and he based it off of 1 poll of 1000 people that compared America to the EU, China and Russia with no further evidence that is a bad claim. When more sources comparing it on a global stage rank it closer to 28th most respected it becomes a false claim.
    Here is an example of how full of shit you are. The article you cited is about Obama saying we are more positively viewed than we were eight years earlier, not about our overall rank in the world being high in general. It is a comparative statement between two points in time. You are either fundamentally unable to understand a difference between "I'm richer than I was eight years ago" and "I AM THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD" or you just don't give a fuck.

Also, you said there is no evidence, but the fucking Politifact article cites numerous polls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like Snopes, Soros owned Media Matters, Moveon.org, and the Mainstream Media which has been anything but unbiased, right down to changing polls after the "adjust" demographics that don't come out as they like, these people ALL have an agenda. our .gov recently changed the law that now makes it legal to use the media for government propaganda. we live in Orwellian Banana Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TtLRFof.jpg[/]

I think they are, I see it all the time.
    Of course they are biased, anyone who doesn't think so have their head in the sand. The Hillary half truth one is cracking me up, I like to see someone excuse that.

OP post biased infographic, asks if information posted in infographic is biased. lol

/trollharder
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

I haven't looked to heavily into them, but some of the stuff they fact check I face palm. Like y r we fact checking this statement? And others they try to down play the statement if it is true. Or if it's a statement that can be taken multiple ways, they take it the less obvious way that fits a negative narrative so they can say someone is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There's really two possibilities here. Either politifact is biased, or one side lies more.

The latter option is unfathomable to people on the 'lie more' side. The idea that two sides lie equally is just idiotic.
    "Oil and coal is good for the environment, and it makes jobs!"

I actually saw something recently that was against clean green energy I just don't get the right...

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans probably lie more in general but my general view is:

Republicans lie through their teeth on social issues because stats usually don't back up social conservatism (sometimes they do).

Democrats lie through their teeth on economic issues because they rely heavily on blaming neoliberalism for economic problems while supporting blind Keynesian solutions.
    Republicans lie about science...

Deleted
    Of course it is... any organisation run by humans is going to have some bias. I would say they tend to be less harsh with liberal politicians from what I have seen. As with everything, always check the facts yourself. That doesn't mean the lies they point out on the republican side aren't lies. It just means they need to be more honest about liberal organisations and politicians.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-08-25 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The methodology is clearly detailed on their site.
    And yet they don't follow their own methodology, only a fool would think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    When people say that, they know they're talking bullcrap and are too afraid to link to their own previous posts, because they already realize they were wrong.

So now what? You know you're wrong. Are you going to change your opinion or is your hatred of everything 'democrat' just too strong for you to ever accept your own rationality?
    just look at his post on the first page and you can see how he destroyed his entire argument before he even started making it:

Republicans probably lie more in general
    I mean, right off the bat he admits that Republicans lie more...and then goes on to complain that Politifact is biased because it catches Republicans lying more. He made it impossible for him to make his argument with a single statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not certain any news or media outlet is unbiased. Is there one?

My local news is pretty solid about reporting something without adding all the social commentary and slant. Like "2 people shot in the mall today" but they also decide what they want to report on which could easily be used to sway public opinion/knowledge
    No media outlet can ever be unbiased. Neither can scientists be completely unbiased. Of course Politifact is biased, they're run by what you call "Liberals". But that doesn't mean they are not to be trusted at all, they might be harsh on Republicans but they're not straight out lying about the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, of course they're biased. It's nearly impossible for human beings to remove themselves of all existing bias.

However, I think they do an excellent job trying as hard as possible to remove their bias from each ruling. Their articles are filled with sources, and they will often amend their ruling if new information comes to light.

I do not believe they that they give preferential treatment to either Republicans or Democrats.

I mean does anyone remember the 2013 Lie of the Year? "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it" - Obama
    Eat yo vegetables

I'm not sure what most of those things on the left compared to most of those things on the right is supposed to prove.

The things on the left are false.

Obama: Women earn 77 cents on the dollar to men.
    Politifact: Mostly true, since they do, but that includes ALL JOBS and does not compare people in the same positions. Yes, politifact SAYS THIS.

Seriously, go read the actual politifact articles and their explanations before you go crying.
    Its being dishonest though. Its dishonest of Obama to say that, and its dishonest of PF to call it mostly true. Putting an asterisk at the end doesn't really mean anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "Oil and coal is good for the environment, and it makes jobs!"

I actually saw something recently that was against clean green energy I just don't get the right...
    Well, coal does technically make more jobs. Shouldn't that be a mostly true statement, according to Politifact?