Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Not likely. It's more about countering the toxic negativity of sad individuals such as yourself with facts instead of piling on the hyperboles.

Your attitude in this thread is sickening and pathetic.
    Hahahaa, it's so incredibly awesome to see what some people consider to be facts. I'm not sure you're aware, but 'fact' has a pretty solid definition and it applies to the majority of proof that sustains the fact, that Sean Murray is a lying sack of shit and the fact that No Mans Sky is not the game you bought.

You can't just make up fantasy and present it as fact, just because you want to counter toxicity. It's about justice and if justice means that the collected evidence burns the subject of that evidence to the ground, that's how it should be. Because it's the only correct thing to do. Based on actual facts. Not the fiction in your SJW head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Can you expand on this? I spent 20 hours on the game and the trailer pretty much nails it on every front. Is there something that happens much further in the game that makes it suddenly different?
    I spent a lot of the first two hours doing what the video says, 90% of my time was spent shooting rocks and flying through space without any clue what to do otherwise, then I kind of got my direction, found plans, upgraded my inventory and suit to max. I then began working on learning languages, exploring star systems and gathering all the species info while following some of the pre-set story path. I've also dabbled in some space piracy - attacking cargo ships, and seeing just how much I could piss off the sentinels.

I haven't shot at rocks since hour 20, unless it was one of those super rare elements worth lots of money. And the only reason I shot at rocks at that point was because I found a ship even cooler than the one I currently had, and I'd sold most of the stuff I needed up build ship upgrades.

I imagine I'll see a lot of the same people in the next thread about the next overhyped game release, complaining about it in some fashion or another. Although they may be in there like "Meh, I learned not to throw all of my hopes and dreams into hyped games, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince people who are having fun to hate the game just as much as I do."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh, and I supposedly have friends in games development so that means I know better than any of you when we talk about games. (Like we've never heard people use that excuse on the internet before).
    Rofl, it's not like I gain anything tangible from you believing or not believing me on this. It's just been an interesting shift in perspective for me personally.

You'd think that maybe, just maybe, someone who knows not to take every single thing a dev ever says to heart might also know one or two. Or more. Or that perhaps there might be people out there who have been testing games as a hobby since the late 90's and knows a few devs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Yeah, good luck trying to get the fanboys in this thread to actually believe the proof that you put right in front of their eyes. I don't think I've ever seen such a blind and ignorant group of gamers as the people defending NMS until their dying breath.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Sounds to me a lot of people are just upset because they pre-ordered.

Pretty sure you don't get to complain when you pre-order.
    People that assume are... no wait, it was, assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

I noticed if you use your pulse engine to approach a location on a planet it usually kicks you out still a few minutes away, but there is a trick to getting there faster: If you then pull up slightly to stay in the stratopause (windy looking SFX) your speed is 3-4x higher than normal. You can then halo drop onto the location when directly above it for a quick landing. Also feels rather badass doing it even if you cant crash.

Also, forget if it was mentioned here before or not, but the whole gliding trick moves you on foot a lot faster than walking: Sprint is optional, but if you then hit melee and jetpack in quick succession you will maintain that momentum and can zip across the terrain at several times normal speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Wrath image
    Hahahaha, god, I remember how many features were cut from various WoW expansions. The forums were filled to the brim with tears upon the release of said expansions. Yeah, pretty much all of them had a mountain of missing features that the devs had talked about but never actually made it out of development.

Then as we get farther from those expansions, people look back on them with rose-colored glasses as the best times of their lives, forgetting all of the "broken promises".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I noticed if you use your pulse engine to approach a location on a planet it usually kicks you out still a few minutes away, but there is a trick to getting there faster: If you then pull up slightly to stay in the stratopause (windy looking SFX) your speed is 3-4x higher than normal. You can then halo drop onto the location when directly above it for a quick landing. Also feels rather badass doing it even if you cant crash.

Also, forget if it was mentioned here before or not, but the whole gliding trick moves you on foot a lot faster than walking: Sprint is optional, but if you then hit melee and jetpack in quick succession you will maintain that momentum and can zip across the terrain at several times normal speed.
    Yeah, people complain about the default running speed, but there are several ways to speed yourself up. For one thing, this trick. For another I manage to get around sprinting for long periods of time with all 3 sprint upgrades.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...on_a_big_list/

This is a link to the reddit page that has listed all the things that were said by the head guy at Hello games to be in the game.It lists what it is then to the right a link to a video showing him say it will be there.They lied right to our face.People paid 60 dollars for what they were told was a triple A title and what they got was a game that should have cost 20 bucks because all it is is a indie type game.Sure it has some fun aspects to it but it is not worth 60 dollars and i wouldn't recommend you pick it up till it goes way down in price or if you want my personal opinion don't buy it at all.Sales have dropped by i think 90% since people realized they were scammed.The hello games team might even be sued over it.I would just like to have them man up about this and explain themselves but i doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Not likely. It's more about countering the toxic negativity of sad individuals such as yourself with facts instead of piling on the hyperboles.

Your attitude in this thread is sickening and pathetic.
    If by facts you mean the stuff that has been presented AGAINST the game/developer and if by hyperboles you mean all the subjective bullshit the fanboys have been trying to use to counter said facts, then yes, that's correct. If you meant anything else other than that, then you're simply wrong and trying to hard as well.

But please, do go on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Two features that got pulled from an entirely unrelated game helps your argument how exactly? Because if that's the best you can come up with, then it only proves just how bad of a situation NMS and Sean are both in.

I love the ignorant fools in this thread that keep beating this dead horse of flying combat and the Abyssal Maw in WoW. That was nothing compared to the sheer amount of lies, bullshit, and cut content in NMS. But please, continue using this weak and pathetic excuse like it somehow justifies what Hello Games did with NMS (hint: it doesn't).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “Toxic negativity” was to be expected considering how the developer lied and mislead people about his overpriced product, even if some people are highly zealous about it, they still have a point and personally I’m actually glad they are being this vocal about it, I don’t know about you, but I would hate if this kind of thing became a common practice in gaming.

If such things are “probably” just a bug or an experimental feature, then “probably” they shouldn’t be using them as sell points and talking about them in interviews =/ Because this wasn’t just one or two features that they were simply “vague” about, there is just a fuck ton of inexcusable shit such as the “multiplayer” for example…
    At least some people in this thread are getting it.

All the NMS fanboys can do is try to justify their $60 purchase and help their lord and savior, Sean Murray try to save face. It's starting to get really sad and pathetic at this point.....that they're trying so hard to defend such shitty business practices that only serve to hurt everyone, including themselves, in the end. It just boggles my mind that any gamer would try so fucking hard to defend a developer that lied straight to their face and overcharged them for a lackluster product. I mean, are people really just that stupid or do they just not give a shit about anything to do with morals and good business practices?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Hahahaha, god, I remember how many features were cut from various WoW expansions. The forums were filled to the brim with tears upon the release of said expansions. Yeah, pretty much all of them had a mountain of missing features that the devs had talked about but never actually made it out of development.

Then as we get farther from those expansions, people look back on them with rose-colored glasses as the best times of their lives, forgetting all of the "broken promises".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people complain about the default running speed, but there are several ways to speed yourself up. For one thing, this trick. For another I manage to get around sprinting for long periods of time with all 3 sprint upgrades.
    "Oh shit, we're losing this thing! Quick! Divert attention to a different game that has also cut content before! That way, maybe people will forget just how much Hello Games fucked up with NMS!"

Classic strategy when one realizes that they're losing the argument. Divert, divert, divert.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-08-25 at 10:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    ... the fact that No Mans Sky is not the game you bought.
    Now who is lying? The irony of a simple typo. No Mans Sky is certainly the game everyone bought that is the problem. A lot of people thought it would be so much more then the game they bought even if the missing features would have been included. People would still have felt lied to. However the game I bought didn't have those features so its the game I bought.

You meant its not the game that was talked while in development and pre-launch. That is if you actually do care about facts instead of using buzzwords like social justice warrior.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What kills me is how people are ok with dev's saying X and doing Y.

Why be ok with being feed bullshit after bullshit, Doesn't matter if its Hello Games or Blizzard. Being showed cake in one hand but given shit in another should not be the norm.

Want to know how much bullshit was fed to us about Shadows of Mordor....it was none. Because we learned of the game 3 months before its release and then got it.

Thanks to company's wanting to have such huge marketing we learn of games years in advance and the devs build that hype over years. How about just shutting the fuck up until you are 100% sure what you show will be in the game.

What is even the point of seeing any product so early if the final version is going to be night and day to it.

We as Gamer's ...No as consumers should NOT be ok with being spoon fed bullshit. Ether show us what we will get or shut the fuck up about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Now who is lying? The irony of a simple typo. No Mans Sky is certainly the game everyone bought that is the problem. A lot of people thought it would be so much more then the game they bought even if the missing features would have been included. People would still have felt lied to. However the game I bought didn't have those features so its the game I bought.

You meant its not the game that was talked while in development and pre-launch. That is if you actually do care about facts instead of using buzzwords like social justice warrior.
    If you can't deliver on what you talk about then.....don't fucken talk about it. Hello Games spewed bullshit all the way up to the games release and even after.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-25 at 11:05 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    "Oh shit, we're losing this thing! Quick! Divert attention to a different game that has also cut content before! That way, maybe people will forget just how much Hello Games fucked up with NMS!"

Classic strategy when one realizes that they're losing the argument. Divert, divert, divert.
    Every game cuts features from the drawing board. The real question is whether or not they choose to share some of them with you.

WoW has cut tons of features over the year, some big ones, some minor ones that have been lost to the annals of time. Flying combat in wrath, mounted combat in BC, dance studio, path of the titans, and countless others that they both chose to share and many many more that they didn't choose to share.

I talked with one of my friends at Arenanet today (You know, the one I don't have) and they agree that their biggest mistake was talking about features that they didn't have 100% implemented and working. Or at the very least, not saying that they hoped to have it in, but that they didn't have it 100% up and working yet. But there is zero reason for a developer to tell a deliberate, malicious lie in an age when refunds are such an easy thing to get.

We get it though, you've been badly hurt and want to take that anger out, so you can keep venting. This isn't some argument to be won or lost. But if it was, you'd have lost long ago when you first began wasting your time trying to convince others to share in your misery.

I'll definitely have to link back to this thread when people are complaining about Legion or the next overhyped game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you can't deliver on what you talk about then.....don't fucken talk about it. Hello Games spewed bullshit all the way up to the games release and even after.
    There ya go! You're getting it now!
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-25 at 11:19 AM.

Two features that got pulled from an entirely unrelated game
    To be fair there were more features cut not advertised on the box but advertised else where (Dance studio, several underground zones, etc)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Every game cuts features from the drawing board. The real question is whether or not they choose to share some of them with you.
    This doesn't matter though, and it doesn't matter which game has cut features before, they all get criticized for doing that, and fairly so. You lie about your product, you get called out on it. Doesn't matter the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Sure, with that much I guess we can all agree upon. Thing is, developers go around the internet promoting their game based on those features, they will get shit on by the players… World of Warcraft got a lot of hate for that as well, I don’t even know why it’s being used to justify NMS mistakes, especially when ones bullshit does not excuse another’s.

Also, even if it might just my opinion, there is a huge different from shit such as “dance studios” in a MMORPG from an entire freaking Multiplayer option in a sandbox survival game =/
    https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/762688708764135425
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

1 tweet vs all the interview shit which undoubtedly TONS more people saw, and to top it off it was 1 day before release. Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To be fair there were more features cut not advertised on the box but advertised else where (Dance studio, several underground zones, etc)
    Yeah, this happens with every game. Features that don't make it from the drawing board into development, features that don't make it from development to internal test versions, features that don't make it from internal test versions to external test versions, and so on.

Here's just a short video of 20 features from vanilla that didn't make it into the original game.

Off the top of my head...

Killing mobs earned you "skill points" at a rate of 1 skill point per 500 xp earned from mobs, and skill points would then be spent on raising the skill cap of professions and player skills (Swordsmanship, fire, shadow, etc)
    Lockpicking and survival used to be trade skills. Survival involed making torches and camp fires.
    Combat skills like swords, maces, fire, shadow, holy, etc used to work very similarly to trade skills. You'd raise their cap with skill points then use them to level them up and raise their effectiveness and unlock new ranks of skills.
    Hellfire Peninsula was planned to be a leveling zone but was removed.
    Emerald Dream was also planned as a dungeon but was never implemented.
    Stats used to be far lower than they were at release, for instance having a ring with +5 strength at level 50 was pretty godly, but they felt that individual stats felt too powerful, and wanted more incremental, smaller jumps in power.
    Cloaks used to have armor types.
    Shields used to have two classes, shield and buckler, and bucklers could be used by rogues and hunters.

The list of features that were talked about not only for Vanilla WoW, but all of its expansions, and never implemented is huge. And it's the same for every game. You can find interviews of developers talking about features that never made it into their games. It would behoove developers to ensure that they specify features that are not yet fully implemented, however even when they do this, players often take things being talked about as "under development" as some kind of solemn promise.

It's precisely why Blizzard no longer shares features with players that are in development at any stage. They got burned too much even when they specified that a feature was not done and may not make it into the final version. So it would behoove players just as much if not more to not take everything said by developers as gospel either. That's just learning from life experience - otherwise known as gaining wisdom.

.... kay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/763270512277594112

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/762689080245252096

Also, feel free to remove the sticker from your game box to see the multiplayer warning behind =/
    Online play = "entire freaking Multiplayer option in a sandbox survival game"?
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-08-25 at 12:22 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

15+ Year Old Account
    .... kay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/763270512277594112

https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/762689080245252096

Also, feel free to remove the sticker from your game box to see the multiplayer warning behind =/
    Boxes are printed weeks if not months in advance.

Sure, with that much I guess we can all agree upon. Thing is, developers go around the internet promoting their game based on those features, they will get shit on by the players… World of Warcraft got a lot of hate for that as well, I don’t even know why it’s being used to justify NMS mistakes, especially when ones bullshit does not excuse another’s.

Also, even if it might just my opinion, there is a huge different from shit such as “dance studios” in a MMORPG from an entire freaking Multiplayer option in a sandbox survival game =/
    Some devs have learned to be tight lipped, others have not. As I have said, I learned long ago to not expect features talked about, and am merely trying to spread that wisdom.

Considering that that was listed on the box, I'm 95% certain that the game just needed more time, and Sony was pressuring them to push their product out the door. When you get funding for a product from a huge producer they give you a time limit, and you can negotiate for more or less time, but all too often it's why games get shoved out the door too soon. Your producers expect results, and producers/funders are often far too disconnected from the process even when the game director is screaming "IT'S NOT READY, WE WILL LOSE MONEY IN ITS CURRENT STATE."

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, possibly, but I bet sure as hell that Sean Murray learned now how to keep his lips sealed.
    Because no matter how people try to put it, he fucked up big time =/
    Yeah, pretty much.

I've never denied that mistakes were not made, which is what some in here seem to think I'm trying to do. In fact I've directly said that much of the stuff they said would be in the game, they should have said was still in development.

There are just people who are REALLY bitter and trying to insist they were maliciously lied to. Because... I dunno, I guess they think Sean Murray likes to piss in people's Cheerios and make babies cry.

I don't even care about the multiplayer. What bums me out most about this game is the lack of reasons to explore. You can get all the 'content' this game has to offer in a single solar system.