That's the kind of practical effects you do with a $160M budget Jones-style. No one will notice, right?

(It was supposed to be the same wall. Also, moisture.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    That was Paradokz, what did you expect?

Anyway... I'd just like a little poll here: what story do you want to see in a sequel?

1) Second war
    2) Thrall's story
    3) Second war AND Thrall's story

Duncan has already said that if a sequel should happen, that he'd like to have it be with Thrall. Metzen has said that he'd love to see Tides of Darkness as a movie. There is no reason they couldn't do both. While canon both events doesn't happen at the same time, they could always change it so the second war happens during Thrall's teenage years -> til he is about 18 years old and escapes his capture. Either it could be a 3 perspective movie, where we see the second war happening from both alliance and horde side, but also have the perspective of Thrall growing up and that jazz. Or they could have it be 2 perspective, but have Thrall's story be the horde story's focus?

I have talked about this before, but its really interesting.

As for when they will announce it? I doubt they will announce it this Blizzcon. IF ANYTHING they might say they already have plans to make a sequel. Sorta semi-announcing it, like they announced the first one back in the day!
    If it was me I would go straight to the second war, start of the next Warcraft movie with the fall of Stormwind, Gul'Dan betraying the horde, Doomhammer becoming Warchief, the march of Lordaeron

Introduce more characters cast with Uther, Alleria, Turalyon, Kurdran and Danath and a young Arthas, for the Horde introduce Teron Gorefiend, Kagarth, Killrog, Grom Hellscream, Dentarg and Cho'gall (We need Ogres)

Show more of Dalaran, Alterac's betrayal, the High elf involvement, Quel'thalas and Silvermoon, more of Ironforge and the Alliance to pushing the horde back to the Dark Portal and closing it with the supposed sacrifice of those that stayed behind on Draenor.

Thats my second movie. Might have left some stuff out but to be honest thats way more for a movie alone. I would also introduce subtle hints of the Dragons and Deathwing as they were a fixture in Warcraft 2.

The Third movie I guess you can mix it up and do something with Thrall, and his rise at Durneholde Keep, to finding the Frostwolves and learning about his past as well as the start if the third WAr.

But the third war alone will need 3-4 movies itself
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-25 at 10:14 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If it was me I would go straight to the second war, start of the next Warcraft movie with the fall of Stormwind, Gul'Dan betraying the horde, Doomhammer becoming Warchief, the march of Lordaeron

Introduce more characters cast with Uther, Alleria, Turalyon, Kurdran and Danath and a young Arthas, for the Horde introduce Teron Gorefiend, Kagarth, Killrog, Grom Hellscream, Dentarg and Cho'gall (We need Ogres)

Show more of Dalaran, Alterac's betrayal, the High elf involvement, Quel'thalas and Silvermoon, more of Ironforge and the Alliance to pushing the horde back to the Dark Portal and closing it with the supposed sacrifice of those that stayed behind on Draenor.

Thats my second movie. Might have left some stuff out but to be honest thats way more for a movie alone. I would also introduce subtle hints of the Dragons and Deathwing as they were a fixture in Warcraft 2.

The Third movie I guess you can mix it up and do something with Thrall, and his rise at Durneholde Keep, to finding the Frostwolves and learning about his past as well as the start if the third WAr.

But the third war alone will need 3-4 movies itself
    Duncan said he would want to have the orcs find a home at the end of movie 3. When was Orgrimmar founded?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Thats my second movie.
    That is not your second movie, it is a screenplay of a boring novel called Tides of Darkness, which is impossible in the movieverse, in the first place. And how many screentime will all that cast have? 9 minutes each? Who will watch the resulting mess?
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-08-25 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    So, let's do a bet. Anyone wanna guess the day Tackhisis will stop complaining about the Warcraft movie and just, I don't know, get over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    So, let's do a bet. Anyone wanna guess the day Tackhisis will stop complaining about the Warcraft movie and just, I don't know, get over it?
    What really confuses me is that... the movie has been out. Everyone has shared their opinion. Some hate it, some like it. The thread went slow because nothing new to really talk about.

THEN! Someone writes a post, talking about cool suggestions for future movies!

BUT NO! You can't! Because Tackhisis has to step in, FOR SOME REASON, and spam the whole thread with hate. Again, for no reason. Nobody here cares if you hate the movie or not. Just posting to hate on the movie over and over is getting stupid. Let us freaking talk about possible sequels ffs Tackhisis :P

You don't want a sequel? FINE! You don't have to keep telling us though. Then leave the thread lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I've got the same day that people who think it's flawless admit it's not a great movie.
    Literally nobody here has said its a flawless movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the same day that people who think it's flawless admit it's not a great movie.
    So who thinks it is flawless here? There a a lot who liked it but I can't remember anyone in the last time that said it was flawless in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That is not your second movie, it is a screenplay of a boring novel called Beyond the Dark Portal, which is impossible in the movieverse, in the first place. And how many screentime will all that cast have? 9 minutes each? Who will watch the resulting mess?
    i loved Beyond the Dark Portal. Did you watch a camrip of someone reading it out or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the same day he watches a real version and not a camrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Funny isn't the right word, but this:

, this;

or this:

Aren't realistic or serious. They are silly. Epic, perhaps, but silly.

He talks about story and characters, you bring up stylised aesthetics ?
    Besides the fact that the goblins were always more comedic, the other 2 images with the paladin and the tauren can be toned down for live action.
    Just because the armor in-game isnt 100% historically accurate or realistic doesnt mean the whole story and setting is silly.
    These can be changed for an adaption.
    The story however, the oricsh wars, the draenei genocide, the fall of Arthas, the genocide of t he high elves arent silly.

Also speaking of aesthetics and sillynes :

These are characters from one of the most famous and critically acclaimed fantasy stories that took itself seriously and it paid off.
    When you deal with fantasy you will see more overexagerated things,see fantastical events and unreal powers : that is the very point.
    If some people dont like it so be it, but I dislike the notion that if something is remotely dantasy-like the creators must make it seem like a comedy to appeal to people instead of actually telling a serious story in that genre.

Also, since you brought up superheroes and the nolan trilogy.
    The nolan trilogy is based on the charater of a millonaire playboy with parents' issues who dresses up as a spandex bat and beats criminals at night.
    And this thing took itself completely seriously and was critically acclaimed.

Anything is possible after that.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-08-25 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Funny isn't the right word, but this:

, this;

or this:

Aren't realistic or serious. They are silly. Epic, perhaps, but silly.
    Just watch the WC3 cinematics. Warcraft was always going for serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Just watch the WC3 cinematics. Warcraft was always going for serious.
    Or Warcraft2. An Orc burning the hanging corpses of knights was such a laugh!

Just relax and wait to see if they ever even make a sequel.
    So its okay for you to tell us to stop suggesting ideas, but we may not tell people to go away if all they do is spam this thread with negativity? Because that is seriously what Tackhisis is doing. Whenever someone comes up with some cool ideas, he counters it and kills it. Like... is fun not allowed here anymore?

Obviously you think this is all fair to do :P

all they do is spam this thread with negativity?
    People keep posting stupidities in this thread, and i have to point out their errors repeatedly.

Deleted
    People keep posting stupidities in this thread, and i have to point out their errors repeatedly.
    Yes, only if people didn't bluntly lie for argument sake and weren't banned because of it... I wonder how this thread would be... /s

- - - Updated - - -

So its okay for you to tell us to stop suggesting ideas, but we may not tell people to go away if all they do is spam this thread with negativity? Because that is seriously what Tackhisis is doing. Whenever someone comes up with some cool ideas, he counters it and kills it. Like... is fun not allowed here anymore?

Obviously you think this is all fair to do :P
    Just keep talking about your suggestions and report anyone that trolls your posts. Bans were delivered in the past because of those actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    People who think that will probably keep believing that. What you're gonna do about that? Complaining is another matter entirely, though. It may have escaped your notice but without Tackhisis borderline trolling this thread would be pretty much dead at this point. So if there's someone who has to get over this shit, is him.

But yeah, let's fight for the rights of free speech, because a thread kept alive by complaining alone is absolutely normal.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not your second movie, it is a screenplay of a boring novel called Tides of Darkness, which is impossible in the movieverse, in the first place. And how many screentime will all that cast have? 9 minutes each? Who will watch the resulting mess?
    the amount of characters could pose a problem indeed I agree but I still think going by Tide of Darkness is the way to go, it is canon after all, be it the book or the Tides of Darkness RTS. Its basically the same thing except the book goes into more detail whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-25 at 08:39 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

SNIP.

But yeah, let's fight for the rights of free speech, because a thread kept alive by complaining alone is absolutely normal.
    As long as their are replies yea. It's pretty normal and SOP but the point still stands.

One day, one side might stop should the other. Since that day doesn't seem to have come around why would either stop now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    As long as their are replies yea. It's pretty normal and SOP but the point still stands.

One day, one side might stop should the other. Since that day doesn't seem to have come around why would either stop now.
    That's why I hope that people stop replying to Tackhisis' posts, since bans in MMOC aren't permanent. But there is always someone new that doesn't know about the constant fishing and innocently replies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

To be fair, the only reason he gets so many replies is because, more often than not, he wrote inane things or outright lied. And it's quite factual that he lied, as he got banned for that very reason (the very post of his that got infracted for trolling was the exact one in which he kept repeating the same damn lie). The mere fact that those are replies pretty much confirms who mainly sustains this vicious cycle. Yeah, the people replying to him are co-responsible, but he's the one apparently interested enough in this thread to constantly spin the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's why I hope that people stop replying to Tackhisis' posts, since bans in MMOC aren't permanent. But there is always someone new that doesn't know about the constant fishing and innocently replies...
    As long as both sides banter the good and bad of what they see. This thread will march on. I have no problem with it either way. That is what forums are more. Doesn't matter the complaint or positive reaction to me. One feeds off the other. For every positive post there is someone that might not agree. Similar for negative. Hell, thats about all forums survive on. The back and forth. I don't fault some guy that thinks the movie was piss poor and agrees wholeheartedly.

I can't go a day without running into similar quotes like this:
    "Dumb Down the Script
    If you want your blockbuster to work in China, don’t worry about crafting an awards-worthy script. Thus “Warcraft,” about as mindless and derivative a film to come out this year."

Tackhisis is the poster that dislikes the movie. Others can't stand that so it keeps going.

For warcraft. Like it or not - The debate still rages.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the only reason he gets so many replies is because, more often than not, he wrote inane things or outright lied. And it's quite factual that he lied, as he got banned for that very reason (the very post of his that got infracted for trolling was the exact one in which he kept repeating the same damn lie). The mere fact that those are replies pretty much confirms who mainly sustains this vicious cycle. Yeah, the people replying to him are co-responsible, but he's the one apparently interested enough in this thread to constantly spin the wheel.
    And if you keep riding the riding the ride. Well thats on you. Get sucked back in because the bait is just to good for you to skip.