Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    #justconservativethings

Dumb people being dumb, nothing to see here. I wonder when you'll run out of nationalist crap, or are you done for today?
    It's not clear to me that worrying about the erosion of national identity is "dumb".

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Yeah I miss germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, Austria and all those smaller countries aswell. It's soooo sad that they don't exist anymore =( curse the EU for removing them from existence

Oh wait...
    See above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    My bets always been on the Danes to be the next to secure their independence. I hope your government offer your people a referendum soon, else you'll have to wait until the EU inevitably collapses.
    Will that be before or after the "United" Kingdom disintegrates?

Well that doesn't say much as Russia isn't even a threat in the first place, if Russia launch an attack on Denmark NATO is obligated to respond which is bad news for Russia.

Like they literally wouldn't attack Denmark because the act of doing so would make them at war with many of the worlds nations.

Also the only reason Denmark is relevant at the moment is because we are in the European Union, Denmark is literally too small to make an impact on anything globally if we were independant.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-08-25 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wonder how he's not banned yet, for spamming the forum full of his nationalistic bigoted rants. It's not like either are allowed.
    Yea starting to think I prefer all the American talk instead, which is something I thought I would never say.

Deleted
    the EU will collapse it will probably happen in the next 20 years,people can only take so much shit from the EU, like the UK we had enough and said bye

lol a random statement from the ultranationalist danish party of redneck pork farmers makes a topic at mmo-champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    Yea starting to think I prefer all the American talk instead, which is something I thought I would never say.
    It's a sorry state of affairs when one prefers crap just to not get worse crap. I'd also prefer the boring America talk to this kinda junk any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    What are the pros of national identity?

It's a concept that has only existed since the 1800s anyhow.

Seriously though what are the pros?

"Oh, I feel so Danish today!" What now? How is this going to change your day to day interactions and choices?
    I'm leaving work in a bit so I don't have the time to go in to detail now. I can however source you a peer-reviewed link:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nationalism

I suspect section 3.2 would be of particular relevance, which contains arguments in favour of nationalism.

Just as an aside however, whether or not national identity is good/evil or right/wrong or useful/impractical, it's existence, persistence and intrinsic desirability may not be dependent upon any of those aforementioned qualities. As such, judging nationalism or people's concerns about the erosion of national identity on those aforementioned factors, may not be the most intellectually sound or practical approach.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    the EU will collapse it will probably happen in the next 20 years,people can only take so much shit from the EU, like the UK we had enough and said bye
    Well at this point, britain is like the spiteful teenager who, once confronted with the real world, clings to the EU's lap, crying and throwing a tantrum, and is too afraid to leave. The EU won't collapse. If anything, Brexit has made EU stronger since everyone can see what a terrible mistake that was. Unless you don't like your local currency or economy, then leaving the EU is the way to go.

Deleted
    we arnt to afraid to leave, we are negotiating trade deals before invoking article 50, thats the smart thingt do, if the tories go against the will of the people they will never get elected again and they will either turn to labour or UKIP, you talking about currency thats why the £ even after brexit is worth more than euro is, and im sure the EU is a great union to be apart of with angela merkel letting any fucker in from iran etc, then theres also the constent terrorist threats and if the currency is so strong how come greece is on its 3rd bailout this year and the unemployment rate is like 50%, the american great depression was a 12% hit to there economy in the USA, greece is at 26% its practically a 3rd world country now. so no the EU isnt great and the UK did the right thing

Deleted
    For perspective; From the VERY same article OP listed:

“I don’t want an EU like the one we have time. I want the EU buried and replaced by a forum for free trade. That’s our policy. If Putin or Marine Le Pen [France’s most powerful Eurosceptic, ed.] can help with that, that’ just fine,” she told Mandag Morgen, adding she'd also except help from "Satan himself".

This isn’t the first time that Krarup, who is DF’s defence spokeswoman, has made controversial comments about Russia. Last month, she told broadcaster DR that Russia should be viewed as a “future ally” and accused the West of “a demonizing of Putin that has been grotesquely ridiculous and really stupid”.

we arnt to afraid to leave, we are negotiating trade deals before invoking article 50, thats the smart thingt do, if the tories go against the will of the people they will never get elected again and they will either turn to labour or UKIP, you talking about currency thats why the £ even after brexit is worth more than euro is, and im sure the EU is a great union to be apart of with angela merkel letting any fucker in from iran etc, then theres also the constent terrorist threats and if the currency is so strong how come greece is on its 3rd bailout this year and the unemployment rate is like 50%, the american great depression was a 12% hit to there economy in the USA, greece is at 26% its practically a 3rd world country now. so no the EU isnt great and the UK did the right thing
    The pound is the lowest in like what, 35 years? And the rest of the posting is so confused that i really don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When was Russia threat to Denmark?
    Well, there is this episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornho...2.80.931946.29

That was 70 years ago though.... but as the article points out, still a thing.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Krarup is an idiot who no-one takes seriously. Denmark doesn't wanna leave the EU, we just don't want more of it.

Deleted
    The pound is the lowest in like what, 35 years? And the rest of the posting is so confused that i really don't know what to say.
    yeah cos u dnt know any facts and £ being its lowest in 35 years yet is still more valuable than the euro tells you something doesnt it

yeah cos u dnt know any facts and £ being its lowest in 35 years yet is still more valuable than the euro tells you something doesnt it
    You're really that clueless about how currencies and foreign exchange work, aren't you?

7+ Year Old Account
    The Danish have the weirdest politicians out there

Deleted
    You're really that clueless about how currencies and foreign exchange work, aren't you?
    no im not, but the euro has been less the £ for quite awhile, the value's of currencys go up and down all the time i know that, but even after the brexit fall of the £ it is still more valuable than the euro

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    What viking fantasies? My ancestors tribal history is alot broader than a few hundred years of pillaging and raiding.

And good luck trying to merge the European nationalities under one federation.
    Ah yes, a proud history comprising thousands of years of....what exactly? Oh sure, Norwegians are great at killing people, no one can dispute that, but have you ever invented anything useful or contributed something to the rest of the world instead of just taking from others?

no im not, but the euro has been less the £ for quite awhile, the value's of currencys go up and down all the time i know that, but even after the brexit fall of the £ it is still more valuable than the euro
    So you imply that if i issue the "supereuro", which values at ten normal euros, the eurozone would be ten times as valuable as before. That's not how it works. It wouldn't change anything about economical strength. The pound is in free fall, and it will continue to do so once article 50 is finally invoked, if that ever happens.

I'm genuinely curious about when that will be the case, and I'm really interested in the consequences. But first Scotland will leave the UK to remain in the EU, that's for sure.