Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    1. Varian died fighting. Like a badass.
    Actually he died on his knees, screaming, and Vol'jin died of poison, but never let something dull like facts get in the way of a good cross faction pissing contest.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Troll AND Horde culture doesn't lend to the building of monuments as much as that of humans. Statues of dead humans are everywhere, from Rhonin in Dalaran to Admiral Taylor in the Spires of Arak. Trolls just don't do that, and shouldn't for the sake of not slighting Horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I logged over to my Darkspear to check out Vol'jin's memorial in Orgrimmar, and found... nothing. Why was I not surprised? What do you suppose Blizz's reasoning was?
    People often get a memorial for being a hero who died while covering the escape of other people, but they rarely get a memorial for being cowards running away with pants full of some brown substance.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-08-25 at 11:53 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    People often get a memorial for being a hero died while covering the escape of other people, but they rarely get a memorial for being cowards.
    Spoken like someone who only plays one faction and has no idea what really happened on the Broken Shore.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Orgrimmar was updated several times since Cata. Stormwing was waiting 6 years to have remains of park repaired.
    And horde got one cutscene more, while in SW, it was scripted movement of NPCs sometimes barely visible through masses of players.
    This. Blizzard had mentioned that they didn't want to update the Crater at one point because it would've interfered with the Twilight Highlands intro quest. That meant Stormwind was left with a smoking crater for 3 expansions while in the mean time there was a complete renovation of Orgrimmar and 2 minor updates for 5.3 and 6.0, notably adding Kor'kron assets and removing them for WoD.

Spoken like someone who only plays one faction and has no idea what really happened on the Broken Shore.
    Nope, if I didn't witnessed another faction side, I won't say about cowardice and would say about betrayal instead.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    1. Varian died fighting. Like a badass.
    Varian was slowly tortured and killed like a little b*tch. By an Orc, exactly as it should be.

Just more examples of Alliance favoritism in this case. Blizz chose to give Varian an epic death while Vol'jin... well he was out there fighting, side-by-side with Thrall, but it certainly wasn't as epic. But that was a Blizz choice. Not like Varian and Vol'jin were real people. Both did whatever Blizz wrote them to do.
    Ahh yes. Similar to how Nazgrim and Taylor were handled, just opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Never saw any of these.
    Thats your own fault.

Blizzard's reasoning never changes so it was obviously HORDE BIAS. Oh, they the writers were too busy masturbating to Sylvanas to think about Vol'jin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

How many monument are in orgrimmar? Now how many monument are in stormwind? Hell Varian had his own statue when he was still alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Troll AND Horde culture doesn't lend to the building of monuments as much as that of humans.
    Uhm, right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Simple: you assume that it isn't a spoiler just because it's on Live servers. By this logic it's impossible to spoil anything if you are not an insider.
    If he had put this on a Star Wars website, THEN you could rightfully get pissed at him for the spoiler. But YOU came here. By coming to MMO champion KNOWING that it will have Legion spoilers throughout the entire website, you and you alone are responsible for any spoilers you expose yourself to.

I agree that he shouldn't have put it in the title, but still...it's more your fault than his.

Don't want spoilers? Don't go to a website dedicated to giving information about the game that you don't want spoilers.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Yeah, that sure is one beautiful monument. It commemorates the release of the fel curse and the new identity of the entire race of Orcs. Grommash also looks awesome in that "I am a cube" pose. And this is just one of the hundreds of amazing statues in the Horde lore that commemorates their leaders and heroes. Would you click the slide button and put up the next one, please?

Any day, now.

Hordies don't play that, Vol'jins memorial will be what Sylvanas said at the end of the cinematic, a heapin' helpin' of dead demons.....
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    2) Varian was dead the moment he took two blades through the chest. Guldan just finished him off. Voljin was fel poisoned.
    3) Both Bolvar and Varian died like little bitches. That's two lossss for Aliance - three if you count Jaina going all emo yet again and taking off in a time of war.
    Bolvar died? Might want to learn your lore before you take your faction so seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaofsorrow View Post
    vol'jin killed the demon that stabbed him, varian is a pile of feldust with out even scratching gul'dan
    yeah but he was soloing a raid boss of course he wiped! you'd at least hope vol'jin could just about manage a trash mob, tsk

I find it fun that during this time of crisis, the alliance are wasting their resources on a statue for some useless jabroni who gave up on life and never even did anything worth a spit. Are they already planning on losing the war, that they might as well waste resources on an ugly statue of an uglier dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

What toys? I play both sides, but don't recall getting any toys on my Horde toons that I haven't gotten on Alliance.
    There's two (or three) toys you can pick up as horde from a vendor at Bladefist Bay BEFORE you do the Broken Isles scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Bolvar died? Might want to learn your lore before you take your faction so seriously.
    Yeah, he's "alive" and well. That power hungry warmonger got what he wanted all along, a real throne to sit on. No more being a babysitter for that shit shitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    N... No. Did Vol'Jin one-shot a Fel Reaver? Did you actually watch the Alliance cinematic or just read hear-say about it... ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You got a funeral cutscene and voice acting so stfu.
    Yes, exactly! Alliance got one cut scene, Horde got theirs, but also a whole other actual cinematic (better than cut scene) just to show how much extra story is going on on Horde side.