Unholy DK questions about rotation

So id like to ask a few things about Unholy.

-Is it worth delaying death and decay to get more festering wounds up on the target?

-Is it worth scourge striking to get the maximum use of the cleave buff after i exhausted 8 stacks of my festering wounds during death and decay?

-Is it worth going around 10 above runic power cap to save an extra death coil before dark transformation ends?

-When soul reaper and death and decay come off of cooldown close to eachother or at the same time is it better to delay death and decay a bit to get the soul reaper debuff first and reapplying festering wounds before death and decay?

Those are my questions but if there are any small tips like these that might not be apparent to a new dk player id be happy if you could tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    So id like to ask a few things about Unholy.

-Is it worth delaying death and decay to get more festering wounds up on the target?

-Is it worth scourge striking to get the maximum use of the cleave buff after i exhausted 8 stacks of my festering wounds during death and decay?

-Is it worth going around 10 above runic power cap to save an extra death coil before dark transformation ends?

-When soul reaper and death and decay come off of cooldown close to eachother or at the same time is it better to delay death and decay a bit to get the soul reaper debuff first and reapplying festering wounds before death and decay?

Those are my questions but if there are any small tips like these that might not be apparent to a new dk player id be happy if you could tell them.
    DnD isn't used on ST

For DnD cleave unless wounds are up and if your not specced into Bursting Sores you don't bother putting FW up and just SS

You can't go above RP cap

DnD isn't used on ST

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    DnD isn't used on ST

For DnD cleave unless wounds are up and if your not specced into Bursting Sores you don't bother putting FW up and just SS

You can't go above RP cap

DnD isn't used on ST
    I dont think you understand what im trying to ask apart from number 2 really, im talking about a cleave scenario obviously i know DnD isnt used on ST, also i know that you can't go above RP cap, just trying to ask if its worth not gaining any runic power by using say scourge strike while at 100 instead of DC then scourge strike.

I mean it should be pretty obvious that DnD isnt used on single target i guess.
    Last edited by caramiowow; 2016-08-24 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Spelling edit

I dont think you understand what im trying to ask apart from number 2 really, im talking about a cleave scenario obviously i know DnD isnt used on ST, also i know that you can't go above RP cap, just trying to ask if its worth not gaining any runic power by using say scourge strike while at 100 instead of DC then scourge strike.

I mean it should be pretty obvious that DnD isnt used on single target i guess.
    You NEVER want to over cap on RP so spend it before you build again, unless your saving up for DA or SI you should never come close to cap with how runes recharge you have time to dump with out having runes up and not recharging. You said you were a new DK player and asking about DnD a lot so wanted to make sure you knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You NEVER want to over cap on RP so spend it before you build again, unless your saving up for DA or SI you should never come close to cap with how runes recharge you have time to dump with out having runes up and not recharging. You said you were a new DK player and asking about DnD a lot so wanted to make sure you knew.
    Yeah thanks, im new yeah but i did my research before asking the specifics i couldnt find on icy veins

Did alot of dummy testing on 3 target dummies in Warspear, just had some questions about DnD and Soul Reaper because they do line up every now and then so i guess Soul Reaper first then delaying DnD is the best or saving runes and using them at once, dont really know.

Yeah thanks, im new yeah but i did my research before asking the specifics i couldnt find on icy veins

Did alot of dummy testing on 3 target dummies in Warspear, just had some questions about DnD and Soul Reaper because they do line up every now and then so i guess Soul Reaper first then delaying DnD is the best or saving runes and using them at once, dont really know.
    As for SR vs DnD delay, i would SR before DnD because it has a longer CD and has more power behind it. You should never want to delay SR unless your going to time it with Apoc.

Deleted
    If is group of adds that need to die asap like M mannos imps then escpially in lower gear id rather do dnd/SS cleave for maxx dmg even if il cap rp, in such situations its better that they die asap. but generly you should try to avoid capping it

Deleted
    if you struggle with rotation use an addon called ovale it uses simcraft for unholy 7.0 rotations, i use it cos ive bee away from the raid scene for many years, i was pvping which i more about spamming buttons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    if you struggle with rotation use an addon called ovale it uses simcraft for unholy 7.0 rotations, i use it cos ive bee away from the raid scene for many years, i was pvping which i more about spamming buttons
    That actually made me laugh out loud at the bus stop.

More serious question: to try and get runes regenning as fast as possible during DND/SS or CS spam, I have been using Death Strike over Death Coil. It doesn't really matter in WoD content now, but is there any reason besides Scourge of Worlds to not do this in Legion? Even then, with Sudden/Double Doom procs during DND cleave, you're likely to run into RP capping issues if you try and dump with Death Coil, and Death Strike burns it off nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Death coil grants 10 energy to your ghoul. I'd imagine that puts it ahead of death strike?

Deleted
    not only does death coil give 10 energy to your ghoul. but using Death coil when he is not enraged lowers the cd of the enrage so you can have him enrage more and have the ghoul do way more dmg over a fight so i would say unless you need healing Deathstrike is never worth doing over a Death coil.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbamouse View Post
    not only does death coil give 10 energy to your ghoul. but using Death coil when he is not enraged lowers the cd of the enrage so you can have him enrage more and have the ghoul do way more dmg over a fight so i would say unless you need healing Deathstrike is never worth doing over a Death coil.
    You should include the caveat thats IF you take the shadow infusion talent, otherwise none of that happens except the 10 energy (which is still enough reason for DC>DS)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You should include the caveat thats IF you take the shadow infusion talent, otherwise none of that happens except the 10 energy (which is still enough reason for DC>DS)

Yeah you are right this is only true in case of taking SI talent but its the biggest DPS increase so i assumed people would take that. but as you said even the 10 energy restore is worth DC ofver DS

Deleted
    On the other hand it is a good thing that you can heal yourself with DS if necessary without loosing big chunk of DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCz View Post
    On the other hand it is a good thing that you can heal yourself with DS if necessary without loosing big chunk of DPS.
    Yes, especially nice with a bad Mythic 5 man PUG. I'm locked out of everything this last week already, so I guess it doesn't matter, and I hope guild groups and early LFD will be better than these last minute groups I did try to get the last BoA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS