Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stop making Horde and Orcs the bad guys

“I admire Tolkien greatly. His books had enormous influence on me. And the trope that he sort of established—the idea of the Dark Lord and his Evil Minions—in the hands of lesser writers over the years and decades has not served the genre well. It has been beaten to death.
    The battle of good and evil is a great subject for any book and certainly for a fantasy book, but I think ultimately the battle between good and evil is weighed within the individual human heart and not necessarily between an army of people dressed in white and an army of people dressed in black.
    When I look at the world, I see that most real living breathing human beings are grey.”

― George R.R. Martin

Its a bit lame when most villians are X race and most good guys are Y race.

Blood Elves npcs was villians during TBC, Orcs npcs was villians during WOD,Certain Forsaken that betrayed Horde was villians in late WOTLK

So can you please start making more non Forsaken/Belf/Orc villians? Like Nightborne Night Elves who summoned Burning Legion, or Grimtotem Taurens. Or Humans like like Scarlet Crusade or Scourge necromancers, or Alliance commanders like Grand Marshal Othmar.

During WOTLK Lore and Storyline was way more epic, than in MOP when part of Horde was the bad guys. And also when developers started making Horde the bad guys sub numbers was falling from 9 mills in Cata to 7mills in MOP compare to 12mills in WOTLK.

Illidan used to be villian during TBC and now he is some sort of neutral or good guy, and developers probably could convert some intresting Horde villians into neutrals or even good guys.
    And this would save Horde faction from being least popular, and Factions more balanced simmiliar to WOTLK.

Alliance had commanders even more racistic than Garrosh like Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos, and alot human npcs in WOW are Necromancers,Outlaws and Bandits. And Orcs had heroes and good guys like Eitrigg,Broxigar and Thrall. Even Forsaken race had good npcs like Leonid Barthalomew the Revered from the <The Argent Crusade> , and Lilians voss.

"The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races."

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Night_elf

"Burning Legion became attracted to the world of Azeroth due to the reckless use of magic on that world. The Highborne's reckless use of magic sent ripples of energy spiraling out from the Well of Eternity and into the Great Dark Beyond."

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Burning_Legion

According metacritic WOTLK had much better rating than WOD and MOP

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade User Score 7.8
    Generally favorable reviews based on 749 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king User Score 7.4
    Mixed or average reviews based on 874 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...raft-cataclysm User Score 5.5 Mixed or average reviews based on 916 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...rds-of-draenor 5.9 Mixed or average reviews based on 1078 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria 4.8 Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1226 Ratings
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-16 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

I liked WOD much more than Cataclysm, WOD had some really bad sides, like WOD customer support was really horrible compare to MOP customer support. But other things was fine
    What does this have to do with your thread title? Also, why did you crosspost this to the EU forums? Were you looking to spread your shitposting to as many victims as possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good Orc is a dead Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Orc called Eitrigg saved Tirion Fordring life. And Thrall saved the whole Azeroth. etc

Deleted
    Orcs was peaceful shamanic race before Legion invaded the world, and it was not Orcs who summoned Burning Legion to the World but High Borne Night Elves.
    Its no business of the Orcs who summoned the Legion to Azeroth, the Orcs wernt on the planet at that time the Legion 1st invaded. They arrived after the 1st War and are refugees noone invited which means they are invaders on a planet they have no right to be on.

It was the Draenei presence on Draenor that led the Legion to the Orcs and it was the orcs who accepted the Legions offers of power were manipulated and started the Massacre of the Draenei then Invaded Azeroth.

Also it was wrong that during MOP Orgrimmar was conquested by Alliance, but Stormwind wasnt conquest by Horde before. Its unfair that there is Hordebreaker and Conqueror of Ogrimmar title, but no Conqueror of Stormwind title or Alliancebreaker title.
    Alliance helped conquer Orgrimmar because we were asked to help by Vol'Jin and his rebellion because Garrosh went all lets conquer this planet we are guests on instead of trying to forge peace. Stormwind has had no reason to be conquered because we havent put a psychotic warmongerer in charge of the Alliance at least not yet.

I am confused by the linking of ratings though and what relevence they have, there were far more pivitol reasons the sub based declined before "because Horde/Orcs are portrayed as badguys" becomes one of them. Horde players from the start have always known the Horde were seen more as the enemy side.
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-08-25 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Agreed! Same goes for all Horde races!

The OP is definitely that kind of orc =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    The OP is definitely that kind of orc =/
    Never played or mained Orc character, my main is Tauren on Horde, alts are mostly Forsaken, and my Alliance main is Human. Thats why im talking about Tauren vs Orcs conflict.

There is no need to be Orc to respect Orcish lore.

making Tauren vs Orcs fights/conflict makes almost no sense, Taurens are first or one of first 2 races that joined Orcs and became their allys,

Playerwise in game i seen some Orcs and Taurens who hated Blood Elves and Night Elves, but i almost never seen Orc players who hated Taurens. It would make more sense making Orcs and Taurens even bigger allys then making stuff like Garrosh vs Cairne fight.

WOTLK had 12millions subscribers and MOP had only about 7 millions (both MOP and WOTLK had bots, but during MOP there was probably much more bots and ppl who was botting on multiple accaunts)
    This sentence is completely out of place in your post and makes no sense. Have you mixed up two different whine threads?

@Topic: the Horde and especially the Orcs are the bad guys.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, my Alliance characters see the Horde as cowards (most them still, since they did already, those that didn't do now from the Broken Shore event). When I play my Horde characters I do play a villainous style RP. One of them is a witch (female warlock) that kills all sorts of innocent people for the Horde and then uses their souls for her own lust for power, the other is a Demon Hunter that is pro-felblood, acting in favor that the Sin'dorei should just accept the power that has already corrupting their blood by teaching them to learn and master it and ultimately overtake the Horde, subjugating it from the top.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

morally wrong
    Morally wrong? Lol.

Hahahahaha what the fuck is this thread honestly? This thread is 2 years late to the party, we've dealt with the Horde/Orcs, we've moved to the Legion and Broken Isle people now

+1!

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    @Topic: the Horde and especially the Orcs are the bad guys.
    Not really, there is bad and good guys among any race. Taurens arent that bad expect few clans like Grimtotem, and they are of 3 most popular Horde races along with Forsaen and Belves.

Thrall risked his life for saving whole Azeroth, Eitrigg saved Tirion Fordring life despite he had fight vs him.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Tirion_Fordring

One day, he encountered an old orc hermit living in an abandoned tower. The two immediately battled and traded blows until a piece of the ruined tower collapsed on Tirion, knocking him senseless. He awoke in his bed days later and discovered that he had been found badly beaten, tied to his saddle, and had been healed by his ambitious second, Barthilas.

Realizing that the orc had saved him, Tirion set out and retraced his steps back to the tower. The orc Eitrigg told Tirion that, before the coming to Azeroth, the orcs had been a noble society rooted in shamanism. After the war, he had left the corrupt Horde. Tirion, seeing great honor in Eitrigg, promised to keep his existence a secret, returning to his people and informing them that the orc had been dealt with and was not a threat.
    No secret that Scarlet Crusade are mostly humans, alot of Scourge bosses was humans, Highborne cast who summoned Burning Legion to the world was night elves, some Alliance npcs was even more racistic than Garrosh i.e. Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Othmar_Garithos

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc called Eitrigg saved Tirion Fordring life. And Thrall saved the whole Azeroth. etc
    Eitrigg is my boi!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, my Alliance characters see the Horde as cowards (most them still, since they did already, those that didn't do now from the Broken Shore event). When I play my Horde characters I do play a villainous style RP. One of them is a witch (female warlock) that kills all sorts of innocent people for the Horde and then uses their souls for her own lust for power, the other is a Demon Hunter that is pro-felblood, acting in favor that the Sin'dorei should just accept the power that has already corrupting their blood by teaching them to learn and master it and ultimately overtake the Horde, subjugating it from the top.
    I don't think you and I are playing the same game.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-08-25 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    Morally wrong? Lol.
    yes its wrong when most villians portrayed by X race/nation even in game, there is alot examples in real life history why

What if some one want to RP a good lawful Orc, and other players will have stereotype that he is evil or only pretending to be good.

Deleted
    i agree. make some alliance badguys but i dont know who would be stupid enough even if the legion failed

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    I don't think you and I are playing the same game.
    Well, slavery and humanoid test subjects are condoned under Horde standards in the actual game, so my RP playstyle may be more accurate to the game than yours is.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Started playing a UD and the first quests I did after I exited the starting area were all about killed humans and kill more humans and humans this humans that. As an alliance human your starting quests are : Some kobolds took my candle or we need to eat kill us some chickens or help us get rid of the wolves and the spiders and maybe even some defias.

Horde are evul from the first moment they join the game and it is our duty to remind them that we will never be friends. I urge everyone who reads this to go invasions and gank a horde. They will not know why but you will.
    I think there is quests like that on both sides, when u starting playing human at Elwynn you need to kill Orcs and Goblins in Northshire. (And most Goblin factions expect Bilgewater Cartel Tabard are netural/friendly to Alliance, and was neutral to both Horde and Alliance for years)

When u starting MOP quest chain as Horde Orc npc says to attack/kill Alliance but without being rude and insulting them, and when you starting MOP quest chain as Alliance npc on zeppelin says that he hates Horde in rude and offencive language

post from another person

"The worst part is the "there is no true canon" nature of questing in which Horde players see the Alliance doing something horrible but then the Alliance go to that same area and it never happened. (In Mists, Horde Players find Alliance units already on Pandaria with child slaves. Alliance Players find The Horde already on Pandaria sacrificing children to summon Demons on Garrosh's orders.)"

in WOTLK there is quest in Borean Tundra where you as Horde helping Alliance by sending them back escaped human deserter and Alliance commander thankes you.