Poll: What will be your spec in Legion?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing Demo. I got the CM set right before they disappeared and I don't think i'm going to get tired of seeing my felguard for awhile. I also love Thal'kiel's quips as you go through the world. Throwing Imps at things is also super enjoyable :P

Destruction for PVP.
    Switching to a flying double jumping melee class with meta for PVE...

Destro is the highest voted spec? Destro is shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Destro is the highest voted spec? Destro is shit
    You seem to have made the common mistake in thinking people will play what they enjoy rather than what's optimal.

I thought I wanted Affli, but I've tried destro a little too, yesterday/today, so now I'm not sure!

For Legion, I'm thinking mythic dungeons/Bgs/RBGs, no raiding, no arena

Affli
    + Dat damage, any RBG leader would want that
    + Very good self-healing, especially with Drain Life being a filler
    - Feels more immobile than destro
    + Talents are pretty straightforward, they work in Pve as well as Pvp
    - A lot of damage is tied to Unstable Affliction
    - Feels a little shard starving

Destro
    + Damage feels a lot more meaningful and instant. Corruption ticks for what, 4k, and Shadowburn can hit for 80k
    - Mastery. All of my wats
    + AoE seems extremely potent*
    - Single target isn't that great (imo)*
    - I'm a noob, I don't know if Chaos Bolt is worth casting at all (in PvE)
    + Destro also feels capable of "dat damage", I was able to push at least 10m in all the bgs I did today (which isn't great, but no other lock could beat me. I was only beat by MM hunters, believe it or not)
    - Need to swtich talents depending on pve/pvp
    - With Mana tap, mana management become important
    + With Artifact trait, Unending resolve gets a 1m CD compared to afflic's 3 min

*Just did a mythic Skyreach as destro. I found myself severly beat on single-target by frost mage and fury warrior, though they did have higher ilvl than me. I felt extrmely competitive on the AoE however.

SO! I'm confused! I don't know what to go for first, spec wise

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I would hope that all the specs (once artifact powers are introduced and some tuning is done) will preform within a reasonable margin of each other (5-10%), so we can all pick the spec we prefer the mechanics of most. I personally enjoy running around in circles dotting everything in the same frenzy a child runs with scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I thought I wanted Affli, but I've tried destro a little too, yesterday/today, so now I'm not sure!

For Legion, I'm thinking mythic dungeons/Bgs/RBGs, no raiding, no arena

Affli
    + Dat damage, any RBG leader would want that
    + Very good self-healing, especially with Drain Life being a filler
    - Feels more immobile than destro
    + Talents are pretty straightforward, they work in Pve as well as Pvp
    - A lot of damage is tied to Unstable Affliction
    - Feels a little shard starving

Destro
    + Damage feels a lot more meaningful and instant. Corruption ticks for what, 4k, and Shadowburn can hit for 80k
    - Mastery. All of my wats
    + AoE seems extremely potent*
    - Single target isn't that great (imo)*
    - I'm a noob, I don't know if Chaos Bolt is worth casting at all (in PvE)
    + Destro also feels capable of "dat damage", I was able to push at least 10m in all the bgs I did today (which isn't great, but no other lock could beat me. I was only beat by MM hunters, believe it or not)
    - Need to swtich talents depending on pve/pvp
    - With Mana tap, mana management become important
    + With Artifact trait, Unending resolve gets a 1m CD compared to afflic's 3 min

*Just did a mythic Skyreach as destro. I found myself severly beat on single-target by frost mage and fury warrior, though they did have higher ilvl than me. I felt extrmely competitive on the AoE however.

SO! I'm confused! I don't know what to go for first, spec wise

You need to do a little more study on Destro, go to Icy Veins. You can set your talents in a way to do very good single target damage, but there in lies the rub, you have to set your talents to do it, and if a fight has different phases where you have to have aoe, single target and cleave you are going to have to pick a phase where you suck at one or two roles. Destro use to have a tool for any situation except 3-5 targets, now you have to set your talents in a specific way to have one of the tools and that is not very flexible.

Compare that to elemental shaman where they have great burst, cleave damage, and they can alter their aoe to single target by changing from lightning and earth shock to chain lightning and earthquake. There are talents to make single or aoe slightly better for elemental but Warlock has to set talents to do aoe or be competant at single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You seem to have made the common mistake in thinking people will play what they enjoy rather than what's optimal.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved Destro, but this playstyle is not Destro's older playstyle. The current one is extremely boring. Spamming SBs? No way

Don't get me wrong, I loved Destro, but this playstyle is not Destro's older playstyle. The current one is extremely boring. Spamming SBs? No way
    Still feels better spamming instant Shadowburns as desto than cheerleader's Empowerement as Demo

Affliction because I'm lazy as fuck and like to solo and pvp outside of raids...Luckily I have a guild that doesn't care about optimal builds and lets us play whatever we want.

Looks like Demo, though I hate the play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Still feels better spamming instant Shadowburns as desto than cheerleader's Empowerement as Demo
    LOL I agree

Kinda funny seeing people who still think spamming SB is the way to play it...
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Aff/Demo. Destro in its current state is unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

I'm going Demonology. I really don't want to go Destruction because it feels too "mage" and I just played that the entire last expansion. Although, I cannot see them making Demonology the strongest spec for one reason only. That reason being if everyone felt like it was the best one and there were a lot of warlocks the pet crowding in the melee would hurt the experience for everyone. So I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make sure most warlocks don't go that route. However, it totally makes sense why they chose imps because of this reason. If they were anything bigger it would get obnoxious with just one demo warlock in raid.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Affliction because it's the most versatile. I also suspect there to be a lot of open world PvP the first few months, and Affliction has the advantage there.

My bae, Destruction, and secondly affliction

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% sure. I am still kinda trying to decide my main between Fire Mage, Shadow Priest and Affliction Lock. I just cant make my mind up. I don't have beta access and I have a feel they all 3 play very differently with artifacts at 110 compared to live now.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2016-08-26 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Kinda funny seeing people who still think spamming SB is the way to play it...
    Because they think that casting abilities while moving is good now. They haven't heard of Fire Mages. Also they have Blink. So, why would anyone play Destro? Destro is about Chaos Bolt and high dmg Incinerate. Both suck.

Retribution for me, a lot of warlocks in this thread :/