Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Most of those "trans" kids are just edgy high-schoolers who think identifying as a different gender will make them 'cool' with their classmates.
    Lets just be clear, no trans kid ever went to school to be the cool kid post-op..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lets just be clear, no trans kid ever went to school to be the cool kid post-op..
    Depends on the high school tbh. Do this in a super liberal school and the super liberal students will Eat. That. Shit. Up. "So Tolerant! So Progressive!"

But yeah for the most part it won't work. Hence why I said they think it will make them cool. We all do/did dumb shit as kids.

Back in my day, emo kids thought they would be cool if they cried every class period and cut themselves, because their upper middle-class parents are "literally the worst" for not letting them smoke in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Depends on the high school tbh. Do this in a super liberal school and the super liberal students will Eat. That. Shit. Up. "So Tolerant! So Progressive!"
    You are incredibly disconnected from reality.. and if I had to guess, at least 30 years disconnected from school kids.. I actually cant believe youre trying to argue this point, but here we are..

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    On display being the key word. Some religions are able to hide their symbols while other simply cannot.
    correct. for bald monks: usually they do not roam Luckenwalde's town hall. bald head is ok, because it's not exclusive to monks.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    correct. for bald monks: usually they do not roam Luckenwalde's town hall. bald head is ok, because it's not exclusive to monks.
    Bald monks are the only exapmple you can come up with? Jesus christ, I thought education was good in Germany?..

Neither is racism but I guess we should all just go on our way bc its how it has always been, right?
    No, I'm not trying to defend racism or treating people differently becuase of their believes.

The OP is trying to find something thats not there though and he has some rather devious motives behind every post he makes, it seems.

Did they stop people from wearing crosses on necklesses? Thats a more apt comparison.
    Yes. They do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, I'm not trying to defend racism or treating people differently becuase of their believes.

The OP is trying to find something thats not there though and he has some rather devious motives behind every post he makes, it seems.
    His agenda is clear, to make the world aware that there's something more sinister out there than settled vikings.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bald monks are the only exapmple you can come up with? Jesus christ, I thought education was good in Germany?..
    it was an example from the thread. Feel free to come up with other examples.
    for display issues: hide it, if it is exclusive religious. if it is common practice without religion too, then it's fine in governmental office usually.

Religious objects of any kind have no place in any state institution period and it shall stay that way, she had a choice and her religion was more important to her than the job, so tough luck, hopefully another more suitable refugee takes the spot.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-08-25 at 02:23 PM.

Scarves need to be banned, because Mooselims are scurry... mmmmkay.

On display being the key word. Some religions are able to hide their symbols while other simply cannot.
    While I agree 'display' is the key word here, I don't consider a workplace 'displaying' employees. (You know, besides top less bars)

So unless they plan on a sign displaying 'Abandon all religion ye who enter here', employees should have the freedom to wear whatever religious symbols they want, so long as they don't force their beliefs like Kim Davis.

"Freedom of religion in Germany is guaranteed by article 4 of the Basic Law (constitution). This states that "the freedom of religion, conscience and the freedom of confessing one's religious or philosophical beliefs are inviolable. Uninfringed religious practice is guaranteed."
    None of those are impinged upon in this case. She choose to accept this job offer and to follow the rules that come with it during work time.
    Dresscode can be set in specific positions, even confessions can be required if you work for certain employers (like the church).

Nowhere does it say that you are guaranteed no consequences when you break your job contract if you claim it is due to religious reasons.
    You cannot apply to work in a pork factory and then refuse to show up on religious grounds either. That would be fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

No, thats not rightful when it violates the countries religious freedoms. You dont even know what rightfully means lol.
    It doesn't actually.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Scarves need to be banned, because Mooselims are scurry... mmmmkay.
    oh, you failed immediately. town hall has a "no religion at my desk" policy. if it hurts the muslims: not our problem, our christians are under same rule, but are fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    His agenda is clear, to make the world aware that there's something more sinister out there than settled vikings.
    Such as... lawyers? Damn them all to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    According to Mayor, it seems like all sorts of religious elements, not just Islamic ones are banned. If this is on her power, I call it a fair game. Tho, banning religious symbols never works well. See Turkey's ban on headscarf and how it was used as a political argument and where the summation of oppression over religion brought Turkey to.
    It is not a ban, it is a dress code the employees have to follow.
    Dress codes are pretty standard.

The point here is: She applied for a job she knew she didn't meet the requirements (in this case: accept the dress code) for and tried anyway.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    While I agree 'display' is the key word here, I don't consider a workplace 'displaying' employees. (You know, besides top less bars)

So unless they plan on a sign displaying 'Abandon all religion ye who enter here', ....
    Luckenwalde town hall has such a rule, no exceptions for nobody. maybe it was not so clear to the woman in question or she was not told. bad communication then in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But plenty of people indeed wear crosses... what about the jews who have shilocks?
    While at work representing the state in Germany?
    If so every single one of them could be written up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oh, you failed immediately. town hall has a "no religion at my desk" policy. if it hurts the muslims: not our problem, our christians are under same rule, but are fine with it.
    I failed at nothing, it's ridiculous to ban the personal wear of religious attire. That's not a stance of neutrality, it's a decision to force one's beliefs onto others. If you don't like a head scarf or a crucifix, then don't fucking wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    But german citizens are NOT protected from muslims (muslim terrorists).
    Are those emploees and representatives of the state (of Germany)?