Poll: Is PolitiFact Biased

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It might be biased on what it chooses to fact check, but that would require more work than I care to put in to accurately verify it.

As far as the rest goes, how can it be biased it gives the explanation and the facts and you are free to read it and make your own decision. Nit picking about mostly true or mostly untrue or whatever subjective value they choose to give it is silly, read the facts and decide for yourself whether or not if something was a deliberate lie, or they just missed some details. If you are already at the site checking something you care about is it too much to ask to read the provided information, use their result as a guideline but make your own decision. Unless something is 100% true or 100% false, how you draw the line in between is always going to be subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Not really since they usually give liberals a pass.
    Ah, America, you and your 2-way divide in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    The media is actively setting us against one another.
    Free media like Youtube and these forums seem to do a far better job of that than conventional media.

Loudmouthed assholes steer the conversation because they attract everyone's attention. Shit, that could be Donald Trump's election slogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I just logged in after 5 hours and saw 9 notifications in this one thread. I'm going to go pleasure myself and finish Ghostbusters and then maybe I will respond to some of you tomorrow if I'm not too preoccupied being the smartest person on planet Earth.
    How does it feel to be so stereotypical? Because i love the stereotypical American.

It's been well known for quite some time that their version of the truth has a political bias.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    It's been well known for quite some time that their version of the truth has a political bias.
    Yes it is well Known on that conservatives get exceptionally butt hurt when called out for lying, but that's not bias.

AHAHHAAHAHA
    the obama one. women earn 77cents on the dollar. "Mostly true".

yeah i think we can bury this one :P

edit: just watched the poll. Is there honestly 59ppl here that thinks the 77cent/dollar myth is "mostly true"?!

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yes it is well Known on that conservatives get exceptionally butt hurt when called out for lying, but that's not bias.

Study up on your english.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, what made you choose those specific ratings for comparison?

A lot of this thread feels like the IGN forum, after a heavily advertised game is reviewed highly. Everyone bitches about IGN being biased because they got paid off, but no one actually reads the review. There is a lot of irony in bitching about ratings, without discussing justification, while complaining about bias. Comparing ratings of their reviews is all bias, as you are not actually discussing the merit or justification of the ratings.

How many times in this thread have people posted asking how a rating like that can be given? How many time have people listed reasons ratings were wrong, that are included in the justification? Do you know what bias is?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Study up on your english.
    You could not have demonstrated my point any better. Calling out phone typing error instead of making a substantive point. Children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

A lot of this thread feels like the IGN forum, after a heavily advertised game is reviewed highly. Everyone bitches about IGN being biased because they got paid off, but no one actually reads the review. There is a lot of irony in bitching about ratings, without discussing justification, while complaining about bias. Comparing ratings of their reviews is all bias, as you are not actually discussing the merit or justification of the ratings.

How many times in this thread have people posted asking how a rating like that can be given? How many time have people listed reasons ratings were wrong, that are included in the justification? Do you know what bias is?
    That requires thinking and reading, skills not used to win a quick internet debate on an internet forum. It is much easier to simply act like the typical youngster who calls people, sheeple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Give us a lie by a prominent democrat that politifact didn't cover. With some actual evidence.
    There is a reason why Obama's lie of the year was not chosen for the OP. It's blatant bias, that asks you to compare specifically selected ratings, instead of their justification. Me rating every Mexican restaurant in my neighborhood poorly, implies bias towards Mexican food. But, if my justification includes an article that sites every one of those restaurants having the same owner and a history of rats, then using my rating to show bias, is intentionally dishonest and pushes the bias of the author using those ratings.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Because rating a game based on opinion of liking something and rating facts is the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno why they show the wage gap as mostly true when it's complete BS.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    AHAHHAAHAHA
    the obama one. women earn 77cents on the dollar. "Mostly true".

yeah i think we can bury this one :P

edit: just watched the poll. Is there honestly 59ppl here that thinks the 77cent/dollar myth is "mostly true"?!
    It is true. It's a fact. What's wrong is saying it is for equal work, which he didn't say in that speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because rating a game based on opinion of liking something and rating facts is the same thing.
    No, the reaction is the same. Because in both cases, the issue isn't the justification, but simply the rating. That's why the three questions at the end. Saying that the ignored justification is a fact, just goes further to illustrate how backwards the OP is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Dunno why they show the wage gap as mostly true when it's complete BS.
    Did you read their justification or just going by the review score?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is true. It's a fact. What's wrong is saying it is for equal work, which he didn't say in that speech.

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    It's still a fact. I think you are having trouble with this idea of "facts". If a fact is misused, the fact doesn't become false.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still a fact. I think you are having trouble with this idea of "facts". If a fact is misused, the fact doesn't become false.
    When did a lie become fact?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post

I think they are, I see it all the time.
    OK you didn't' show anything.

Why are the rulings wrong? Prove that the rulings are wrong, otherwise people will just laugh at you and say that you can't handle truth.

When did truth become a liberal bias?