Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well by min/maxing I meant going for world first or something. For your average raider planning to progress through Mythic it is pretty inconsequential... and most healer/tanks are likely to want to spend some points in their DPS artifact at some point for the sake of speeding up their questing and dailies anyway.
    I disagree with some points. The tanks are better served staying tank to do world quests, you can chain pull mass groups and be done much quicker than most dps classes (My knowledge on this is only as far as a blood dk from beta testing them). As far as healers, i've found that there's no shortage of squishy dps that wouldn't mind having a healer with them, and you're much better served focusing only on your MS until you get to around level 6 artifact knowledge (might be 5, can't remember 100%). As far as average raiders, it's hard for me to see through their eyes since I plan on pushing it to the limit as best as I can in the 4 weeks I have till Mythic releases, so you may have a point there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even for a top100 raider it's going to be all but irrelevant. We're talking about less than a day of artifact progress here(real time, not pure play time), which would likely end up being used for some filler trait anyway.
    Um, no. Top raiders are going to be required to be as far progressed as possible. My guild is in the tail end of top 200 us and we're required to be as prepared as possible, and raid spots will be given out accordingly. I'd assume the majority of guilds ahead of us are doing the same, and it will be important to have as many traits as possible for pushing content early on.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people talking about rounding up mobs to aoe them all as tank when levelling/questing... that definitely works in beta. On Live though... I don't know about your server but I feel like being able to round up and aoe groups of mobs is going to be pretty difficult for a while until the crowds die down
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

There comes a point, I think somewhere in the 12-14 traits range, that the next trait will cost the exact same amount as all the previous traits COMBINED. That's when you decide, do I want this ONE trait in my main spec weapon, or do I start working on my offspec and get 12-14 traits (again, I forget exactly how much it is )

If this concerns you...

Dont level as DPS.

Leveling as a healer isnt any harder or slower. In fact, with Legion mobs being very Vanilla/TBC like and hitting hard... Its even potentially just as fast or faster to level as heals. I can kill 4-5 mobs at once as a healer. GL with that as a dps.

So, it is worth level as dps and then switch to heal once you hit 110 and get AP? Or level as heal ( i wanna level in hours ) and use them as i level is the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Um, no. Top raiders are going to be required to be as far progressed as possible. My guild is in the tail end of top 200 us and we're required to be as prepared as possible, and raid spots will be given out accordingly. I'd assume the majority of guilds ahead of us are doing the same, and it will be important to have as many traits as possible for pushing content early on.
    Not half as important as you seem to believe. Sure, they can help, but as usual, execution is far more important than character power.

You're far better off spending your time reading up on the fights and training your rotation than hunting for 7k AP, which won't buy you even a tenth of a trait by the time raids open.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not half as important as you seem to believe. Sure, they can help, but as usual, execution is far more important than character power.

You're far better off spending your time reading up on the fights and training your rotation than hunting for 7k AP, which won't buy you even a tenth of a trait by the time raids open.
    Honestly, your second sentence stole any debate I had. I greatly agree with the fact that execution>character power.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    After 12 perks it gets astronomically high to progress, we are talking hundreds of thousands.