Looked it up, apparently it affects aerial rolls by extending the range before the jump. So it would be a good set with that, though you can still work a sharpness charm into that set iirc since you'd still absolutely want razorsharp.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yeah no razor sharp and dual blades is pretty painful lol.

So I knocked out the Gold Rathian and Silver Rathlos quest in the arena (6 village quest) and thought that I was done with that sorta fun. Nope, got a quest to take down the fated 4 in the arena. Best part? There're always two of them in there at a time outside of the brief period where one dies and the corpse is waiting to despawn before the next one comes down. I probably should've brought coatings and all the fun stuff though so round two'll be more fair.
    Last edited by Leblue; 2016-08-25 at 02:47 AM.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I'm kind of getting bored of my DB+Aerial style, thinking of running a Hammer+striker build with taunt, Castle/Fortress Walls, and something else probably healing based (Hunter's Oasis maybe).

Just hit high rank though, I've been slacking. Any suggestions of abilities or armor sets that might be good?

I see a lot of people running around in Rathlos. That said, never too late to start farming up that Deviant set. Wanna say its 6 you unlock the soul ability of the set and I don't think you need your ranking unlocked to get that far along (I know the very late couple you do).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I see a lot of people running around in Rathlos. That said, never too late to start farming up that Deviant set. Wanna say its 6 you unlock the soul ability of the set and I don't think you need your ranking unlocked to get that far along (I know the very late couple you do).
    I haven't even tried the Deviants yet aside from one which my friends and I all died to.

Might try to convince them to try again tomorrow I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm can sharpness come higher then +5 on charms?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

@Gutler IIRC no

I dislike the deviant system for armor. I think it works really well for weapons, and I enjoy that it forces you to do the specific levels for the tickets etc. But on the armor it just feels super repetitive to farm all those tickets for each upgrade level and get it all the way to 6 before it becomes usable. I feel like its also sucking people out of the rest of the game really early into it. If I go to look up a room for any non-deviant monster I'm lucky if there's a couple rooms open where if I look up a deviant mob especially the more popular ones there'll be several pages of rooms at all times.

I really wish they'd bake a D3 greater rift style system into the game for end game farming. It'd do so much for the end game grind to be able to play on random maps with random monsters thrown in.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-08-25 at 02:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gutler IIRC no

I dislike the deviant system for armor. I think it works really well for weapons, and I enjoy that it forces you to do the specific levels for the tickets etc. But on the armor it just feels super repetitive to farm all those tickets for each upgrade level and get it all the way to 6 before it becomes usable. I feel like its also sucking people out of the rest of the game really early into it. If I go to look up a room for any non-deviant monster I'm lucky if there's a couple rooms open where if I look up a deviant mob especially the more popular ones there'll be several pages of rooms at all times.

I really wish they'd bake a D3 greater rift style system into the game for end game farming. It'd do so much for the end game grind to be able to play on random maps with random monsters thrown in.
    hmmm if so then i will need a weapon with atleast 1 slot to get razor sharp (have a +5 sharpness 3 slot charm) with the silverwind set
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-08-25 at 03:10 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    hmmm if so then i will need a weapon with atleast 1 slot to get razor sharp (have a +5 sharpness 3 slot charm) with the silverwind set
    If you drop evade extender, and use the cap with a different chest you can do it with a no slot weapon. Though there's plenty of fine 1 slot options.

So the everwood then?

They should just make an endless dungeon version, like the island closest to hell from FF8 just a descending, increasingly difficult inverted tower of monsters to an elder dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So the everwood then?

They should just make an endless dungeon version, like the island closest to hell from FF8 just a descending, increasingly difficult inverted tower of monsters to an elder dragon.
    Everwood was in the right direction, but absolutely nothing like greater rifts. There's so much more to it that they'd have to translate to MH.

Everwood was in the right direction, but absolutely nothing like greater rifts. There's so much more to it that they'd have to translate to MH.
    I hope they expand on it in the inevitable MH5, especially if its on the NX and they have a bit of a power jump behind what they can do on screen. Nakarkus' dragons grave area is a cool example of an elder dragon lair having a unique ecology rather than just "its a bunch of rocks" or "its a ruin". Jurassic has some weird fungal areas in its southern most zones, a proper alien looking area that was everwood on steroids almost like zangarmarsh to use a wow reference would be a cool totally different place you could mix up constantly and throw the more alien monsters in like Chameleos or maybe bring back Yamatsukami and Shen Gaoren and so on. These rare monsters have to have a home somewhere right?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you drop evade extender, and use the cap with a different chest you can do it with a no slot weapon. Though there's plenty of fine 1 slot options.
    yeah most of the fated 4s weapons have atleast one slot.

I might be dual blading wrong, apparently Adept is a lot more fun as stylish as aerial is in play. I may have to give this a chance. I'm going to also have to change out my decorations. I also need to make a new set of armor that has sharpness as well...

Adept is bae. Been waiting my entire MH career for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I might be dual blading wrong, apparently Adept is a lot more fun as stylish as aerial is in play. I may have to give this a chance. I'm going to also have to change out my decorations. I also need to make a new set of armor that has sharpness as well...
    Sharpness is nice, but I use plenty of DB sets without it. My general go-to weapons are the Nakarkos blades with their stupid amount of blue so that I can make flexible sets without falling back on razor sharp. For other sets, like my Brachy blades, I'll just eat for felyne polisher and call it even, haha.

But yeah, definitely try adept on dual blades. It's the most satisfying thing I've played since in my 12 years of monster hunting, and I'm generally a gunner.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Yeah I'll give those a bash (but I still need to f'ing kill a Dreadqueen 10 to finish my dual blades).

I unlocked Akantor and Ukalnos last night so I need to knock those out now. Finished up all the 4* quests and am about 6 away from finishing 5* quests (3 of those being prowler). After that both 6* and 7* have a huge jump in the number of quests (I think they're both at about 8 pages of quests right now). Hyper monster solos (as in single monster) take me roughly 20 ~ 30 minutes to do solo depending on what monster we're talking so I'm not doing too badly.

The nakarkos DB's are awful though, the blue doesn't begin to make up for how weak the raw and dragon is on it. Any skills you'd gain doesn't make up for how weak they are. Not to mention its usually better to go with another element for basically every monster that's weak to dragon.

Only time I've really seen it be advisable to drop razorsharp (or heavy polish) is for really specific speedrun setups. Otherwise all the good db's really like razorsharp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nakarkos DB's are awful though, the blue doesn't begin to make up for how weak the raw and dragon is on it. Any skills you'd gain doesn't make up for how weak they are. Not to mention its usually better to go with another element for basically every monster that's weak to dragon.

Only time I've really seen it be advisable to drop razorsharp (or heavy polish) is for really specific speedrun setups. Otherwise all the good db's really like razorsharp.
    Right, but this is MH Generations, the training wheels of the franchise. I use them so I don't have to worry about sharpness or falling back on razor sharp for my builds. I've solod literally everything in this game with them, aside from Alatreon who I opted to switch to blast for since he's very susceptible to it.

Yes I get a slightly faster kill time on Silverwind when I'm using my kirin DBs with my Thunder Atk Elemental crit set, but it's super not necessary this time around. If I can be lazy with my Crit boost set or my Polar/Tropic hunter set and not have to worry about running to the box between every hunt like I have to with my LBGs, then that's fantastic for me.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It's not been necessary in any of the games to be optimal, I just wouldn't go around suggesting things that are knowingly sub-optimal to people.