Poll: Is PolitiFact Biased

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    AHAHHAAHAHA
    the obama one. women earn 77cents on the dollar. "Mostly true".

yeah i think we can bury this one :P

edit: just watched the poll. Is there honestly 59ppl here that thinks the 77cent/dollar myth is "mostly true"?!
    It is true, sort off.

But its still stupid because its being compared overall, not per job/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You only need to look a tiny bit into Trump's past to see just how bad he is, and Clinton won't be able to hold a candle to him in decades, no matter how much comes out. You need to be intentionally blind to Trump's shit to believe Hillary is worse at this point.
    As an avid dejector of both Trump and Hillary I find this really hard to believe but I'm very curious, google is proving challenging too with all the stuff about Trump's campaign everywhere, what stuff are we talking about here?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    When did a lie become fact?
    Because it is a fact, which is actually cited in the politic act article if you bother to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's still a fact. I think you are having trouble with this idea of "facts". If a fact is misused, the fact doesn't become false.
    What annoys me is how the caveat the Republican "facts" to make them less true but caveat the Democrat "facts" to make them more true.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As an avid dejector of both Trump and Hillary I find this really hard to believe but I'm very curious, google is proving challenging too with all the stuff about Trump's campaign everywhere, what stuff are we talking about here?
    Google Trump University.

- - - Updated - - -

What annoys me is how the caveat the Republican "facts" to make them less true but caveat the Democrat "facts" to make them more true.
    Examples please.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This isn't going anywhere so you can continue living in your world where America being the most respected country in the world is a half truth because 1 poll of 1000 people ranked it higher than the EU, China and Russia.

I know they give Democrats pants on fire ratings but obviously at a much lesser rate.
    Or maybe... just maybe... Republicans lie more often and to a more striking degree? No no it couldn't possibly be that...

Every side says it's biased against them.
    Truth is they aren't perfect but are still better than nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    People think politifact is bias because they look at the ratings and don't take the time to read the article or the justification for the rating. Republicans just seem to get salty at the fact that their politicians tell a lot of outright lies, while Democrats often tell the truth, but do twist that truth into a different narrative. It's why politifact often rates them as half true.

The statement itself is true. It's the narrative that is often twisted. That's why you read the fucking article.

RIF - Read is fundamental
    RTFM - Read the Fucking Manual

etc.

If you don't read, you make yourself look like an idiot.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-25 at 04:11 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Google Trump University.
    'Trump has repeatedly called the judge a "hater" and described him as "Spanish" or "Mexican"' - Oh dear, Trump, oh dear oh dear.

Examples please.
    The wage gap and refugee being mostly men. The wage gap, in the way Obama mentions it, doesn't exist. The refugees is only mostly false when you look at Syrian refugees only.

sources:
    http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagn.../#229442c84766
    I am the lucid dream

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It is true, sort off.

Or per experience level per job per hour. That's a big one. If we got a new hire at my division, they'd have the same job title as me, but I have 5 years of experience. Of course they're going to be paid less than me.

It's an overarching view of every employee, not really useful at analyzing what's really going on. That, of course, doesn't mean the fact is somehow false, just not terribly useful.
    Examples please.
    Well, right up front, "The numbers are valid, the comparison is questionable" gets a "mostly false", whereas the 77c thing fits that description perfectly and gets a "mostly true".

'Trump has repeatedly called the judge a "hater" and described him as "Spanish" or "Mexican"' - Oh dear, Trump, oh dear oh dear.

The wage gap and refugee being mostly men. The wage gap, in the way Obama mentions it, doesn't exist. The refugees is only mostly false when you look at Syrian refugees only.

sources:
    http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagn.../#229442c84766
    1. He said the judge was incapable of doing his job because he's Mexican.

2. I didn't say to google the judge. I said to google trump university, which was a scam.

3. Your sources don't say the 77% is wrong. It says you should also factor in other things, which the politifact article also says.

2. I didn't say to google the judge. I said to google trump university, which was a scam.

3. Your sources don't say the 77% is wrong. It says you should also factor in other things, which the politifact article also says.
    Yes he said,

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-t...iel-1464911442

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Or per experience level per job per hour. That's a big one. If we got a new hire at my division, they'd have the same job title as me, but I have 5 years of experience. Of course they're going to be paid less than me.

It's an overarching view of every employee, not really useful at analyzing what's really going on. That, of course, doesn't mean the fact is somehow false, just not terribly useful.

Well, right up front, "The numbers are valid, the comparison is questionable" gets a "mostly false", whereas the 77c thing fits that description perfectly and gets a "mostly true".
    Then why did they rate an Obama as that says 77% for the same work as "mostly false"?

Well I think its a bit lenient on the democrats from those quotes but you would have to compare all of them or at least a random sample to make a proper conclusion. Obviously cherry picked statements are going to look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes he said,

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-t...iel-1464911442

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said.
    Yeah that's the dictionary definition of racism.

Biased? No.

Inconvenient? Yes.

All politicians are liars and Politifact is a tool that attempts to restore integrity and reason to the chaotic world of politics.

It not be accurate, it might even be broken, but it's a step in the right direction. I want to hold politicians accountable for the things they say, even if it's the ones I like, even if they share an opinion I agree with, I want it to be factually and empirically true.

I'm with you, I was laughing at the absurdity of it
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing the OP's infographic shows is that, in the words of one celebrity neo-con, "Reality has a well-known liberal bias".

Politifact is just quantifying the liberal bias of reality.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

My favorite things to do on these forums is to watch people excuse what their shitty candidates say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It is true, sort off.

It doesnt even take into accout there being more men than women in the country lol^^

Its like saying ants sleep more than sloths because there are roughly a million times more ants than sloths so their total hours of sleep is higher.