18 5.88%
  • Meh. its ok

98 32.03%
  • i quit job

190 62.09%

Thread: Just 1 week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Im at work doing anything but reading wow stuff, the hype is getting strong day by day.

am i crazy and alone on this? cant wait. even if the server is ddosed and overcrowded. want it. now.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. Took time off work for this

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This weekend is going to be slow as fuck, that much is certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    everyday is like a week, so much hype :<

Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    A conversation with my wife:

Me: "So, legion comes out on the 30th..."
    Wife: "Okay, so... are you going to be gaming that night or what?"
    Me: "Probably not, there'll be a DDOS and swarmed servers, it'll be awful. But, you know Labor Day is that weekend."
    Wife: "... We're going to visit my parents that weekend, we have to go visit them"
    Me: "They have better wireless than us and your brother will be playing too. I'm bonding with your brother, it's a family thing."
    Wife: "Don't you play on different factions?"
    Me: "... Yes, yes we do"
    Wife: "*sigh*, meals will be WoW free and you need to socialize at least an hour a day while we're there. Also I get a nice date night that week"
    Me: "YAY!"
    I bought my fiancée plane tickets to travel with her gf on that weekend (gf was flying already). It's about looking after those you love so you can then do what you want haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I bought my fiancée plane tickets to travel with her gf on that weekend (gf was flying already). It's about looking after those you love so you can then do what you want haha
    Would be neat if I could do that with my girlfriend + our 2 kids lol.

I am not sure yet if I will take some days off. I could but I know when I'm home I'm always asked to help my gf with kid-stuff even when I am busy. (You know, the stuff she does handle alone when I am at work.. -_-). So I guess taking a day off will just end up in a semi-frustrating experience of wanting to play but it being kept away from the computer too often and too long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    well show me some hype, mostly spoiler free.
    Are you joking? There's been tons of promotional material on the official WoW site, WoWhead and MMO-champion.
    We had the Harbingers shorts. Audio dramas. Comics. Q+A's and interviews with the developers. The patch 7.1 announcement at Gamescom. etc etc.
    You've just chosen to be blissfully ignorant towards it.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-08-25 at 12:19 PM.

Getting excite, not excite just yet.

Haven't done Kara stuff yet, cuz Kara was the second most overrated raid next to Ulduar. I'm highly annoyed that dumb as Khadgar blob chases me all over the place until I accept his dumb ass shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I am extremely excited! Especially because im lanning with 5 friends at the end of the week. At work all i do is read mmo-champ and other legion stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Are you joking? There's been tons of promotional material on the official WoW site, WoWhead and MMO-champion.
    We had the Harbingers shorts. Audio dramas. Comics. Q+A's and interviews with the developers. The patch 7.1 announcement at Gamescom. etc etc.
    Almost forgot WoW existed xD then again it's never been marketed here, i remember coming across it by accident in PC World all them years ago - never heard of it before.

Not heard or seen a single word on Legion - but we all know how it's going to turn out, the same downward spiral the games been on since Cata times.
    Enjoy the honeymoon period (3-5 days?) then people will unsub once more.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Not heard or seen a single word on Legion - but we all know how it's going to turn out, the same downward spiral the games been on since Cata times.
    Well, aren't you just a bundle of joy. Why are you even here?

I saw the harbingers on the launcher. I didn't see the audio dramas where were they? Same with the comics, where ere they "advertised"? The Q+A sure they were informative but they felt flat and more like an info dump than an excitement rally and the 7.1 announcement is kinda not spoiler free, not that I watched Gamescon either being where I live.

So to me the hype didn't feel as though it was there, nothing was like "OMFG BUY ME I'M THE BEST". It's easy to be blissfully ignorant towards it when I don't use the twitters, go to wowhead as I don't need to look up anything in WoD anymore. Even MMO Champion is a shell of its former informational hub unless there really is less information about Legion than other expansions so we have less promises to see broken.

I'm sorry, I just don't think there is as much hype for Legion as there was for Wod or MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Spoiled myself too much in the beta so I'm not as hyped as some may be but I sure am happy we're finally leaving Draenor and moving on. Can't wait to see what future patches hold, that's what I'm most hype about.
    There are still people to this day that keep spamming dungeons ALL day. I heard about a dude who leveled 9 classes to 110. All geared to 830+.
    A lot of people play beta just like it is live. And i NEVER understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    I saw the harbingers on the launcher. I didn't see the audio dramas where were they? Same with the comics, where ere they "advertised"? The Q+A sure they were informative but they felt flat and more like an info dump than an excitement rally and the 7.1 announcement is kinda not spoiler free, not that I watched Gamescon either being where I live.

So to me the hype didn't feel as though it was there, nothing was like "OMFG BUY ME I'M THE BEST". It's easy to be blissfully ignorant towards it when I don't use the twitters, go to wowhead as I don't need to look up anything in WoD anymore. Even MMO Champion is a shell of its former informational hub unless there really is less information about Legion than other expansions so we have less promises to see broken.

I'm sorry, I just don't think there is as much hype for Legion as there was for Wod or MoP
    Well, maybe they are trying to play it safe as opposed to what happened with WoD where they pretty much promised the world and delivered nothing.
    From what I've seen on the Beta though. 7.0 is shaping up really well. It's already got more content in the first patch than WoD did in it's lifespan.
    Instead of trying to get hyped, how about you just try the game out when it releases and form your own opinion? Or you could just be a negative nancy and miss out. It's no skin off my nose.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-08-25 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but oh well.

EU Pleb here, does legion launch as monday crosses over into tuesday, or as tuesday crosses over to wednesday?

OT: the hype is real, trail mix is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Almost forgot WoW existed xD then again it's never been marketed here, i remember coming across it by accident in PC World all them years ago - never heard of it before.

Absolute nonsense you're posting here.

You haven't even looked at the expansion. How could you possibly know how it will turn out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Absolute nonsense you're posting here.

You haven't even looked at the expansion. How could you possibly know how it will turn out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns tend not to be mere coincidences, i'd love for it to prove everyone wrong - but it won't happen.

Well, maybe they are trying to play it safe as opposed to what happened with WoD where they pretty much promised the world and delivered nothing.
    From what I've seen on the Beta though. 7.0 is shaping up really well. It's already got more content in the first patch than WoD did in it's lifespan.
    Instead of trying to get hyped, how about you just try the game out when it releases and form your own opinion? Or you could just be a negative nancy and miss out. It's no skin off my nose.
    I actually have bought Legion, and will be forming my own opinion. I just hope it has something to pay for I was kicking myself when i missed my 6 month resub time 8 months ago and had to actually pay for WoD again

Deleted
    Excited, just three days left.

Quitting the job is foolish and unrealistic, but taking two weeks vacation is entirely sane. Right?