Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Horde has a far different culture compared to Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    To be fair, the Horde was fighting more demons and being shot at by 3 star destroyers while Varian was just chatting up Gul'dan.
    Sylvanas even told him to hurry up!
    No they fought the same amount of Demons. Watch both sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the park? We had a crater in the middle of our main capital for years. Quit bitching about not everything having its mirror when it comes to factions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    There are people who come back when the expansion goes lives, not a few weeks prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Simple: you assume that it isn't a spoiler just because it's on Live servers. By this logic it's impossible to spoil anything if you are not an insider.
    I know right!? You wouldn't believe how nasty some people are when talking about stuff that has already been released and is widely available, spoiling it to everyone in the process!

A day after Game of Thrones season finale was aired I visited the GoT subreddit and got angry, because why would they make a thread named "LOL Cersei killed half of the cast including her son" - there are people who didn't watch it yet!

Similarly, yesterday, 11 years after the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book I got mad after reading on Harry Potter forum that Snape killed Dumbledore. Why would they spoil such thing, I didn't read it yet!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Discard View Post
    Snape kills Dumbledore.
    HOW DARE YOU!
    Last edited by Spray; 2016-08-25 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    No they fought the same amount of Demons. Watch both sides
    I did. The Horde has an endless stream of demons and is fighting the entire time while being shot by space ships. The alliance has 2-3 waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The revamp of Cata and? Also, let's ignore Stormwind miraculously removing a whole mountain range to get a huge-ass harbor while the Horde got copy-paste zeppelin towers.
    I was thinking they had another smaller revamp after Cata, perhaps I'm misremembering.

Hey, look at the bright side. Stormwind got their park fixed, but now Westfall is perpetually on fire and unable to stop fighting low level Defias at the main hub. That's also after how many years of being unable to fix a bridge?

And throughout all of Cataclysm, Horde had fully built, fortified structures of iron while the Alliance bases in zones were half finished stone still in the process of being built.

You guys have hard working peons that get stuff done.

But large structure memorials aren't really the Horde's style. Tribal cultures don't build statues and monuments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    don't know what you were watching but Varian was speared twice. Must have only done one side
    He arguably took a hit in the back when he dropped one sword and blocked the killing blow before killing that demon. Then he was shish kabobbed from behind by two.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Meanwhile PPl of westfall still homeless and hungry.
    Those lazy shits should build farms instead of warships.

The alliance zones seem much more interested in having pretty things then usin resources to face the current issue. Be it this park or the big decorative fountain in the ally garrison. Nothing like making your base camp right next to the enemies seat of power, but then you add the frilly things instead of more defenses.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He was the most useless warchief we ever had. Personally I wouldn't have even given him a funeral. Would have been better to just throw his corpse to the wolves of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde doesn't usually build huge monuments for its fallen, the one Grom got in Ashenvale is literally the only one I can think of. The Alliance does, however, have huge sepulchers and masoliems dedicated to the fallen. Uther and King Terenas, hell even Arthas gets one (even though they paved over it.) To the Horde, mourning isn't really something they do too much. Notice how brief Sylvanas' monologue was at Vol'Jin's funeral; "Vol'jin is dead. Who among you wants to avenge him?" That was the perfect thing to say to the Horde. It was all they needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The alliance zones seem much more interested in having pretty things then usin resources to face the current issue. Be it this park or the big decorative fountain in the ally garrison. Nothing like making your base camp right next to the enemies seat of power, but then you add the frilly things instead of more defenses.
    That's why the Horde puts spikes on everything =)

10+ Year Old Account
    at least the horde got not one but TWO badass cinematics.

varian was neato and all but he resorted to witty banter instead of bumrushing guldan, which wouldve at least made more sense seeing as (at first) it was just guldan and a few felguard in front of the tomb
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I guess that you could say that vol'jin got...roasted.

No but seriously, noone gives a fuck, even his own tribesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    What toys? I play both sides, but don't recall getting any toys on my Horde toons that I haven't gotten on Alliance.
    Theres some toys you can buy that were part of the 5.3 event thing. Whole body shrinka and the whistle thing. Then you can get a cosmetic thats Griftahs shoes or whatever that basically just shows your feet.

Thing is though, these are account wide so you buy them on horde side and you can use them on alliance side as well.

They had an empty space to fill in with the park while org had no convenient place for one. That mixed with the first two options.

Are we ignoring the fact here that Sylvanas grabbed Vol'jin with just one arm?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I think somebody's forgetting a little thing. There's NUMEROUS cultures in Warcraft. And just like in real world, not all cultures honor their dead in the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He was the most useless warchief we ever had. Personally I wouldn't have even given him a funeral. Would have been better to just throw his corpse to the wolves of Orgrimmar.
    Don't blame Vol'jin for being inactive, blame Blizzard for the "we'll push exp-per-year" BS and not giving update to current content+story.

It just doesn't really feel like the kind of thing a race like the Trolls would do. Humans are all about opulent statues and grotesque wastes of taxpayer money on public monuments. They can't stop themselves from putting up statues of their heroes all over the place.

Varian had it probably already built for himself when taking off to the Broken Isles, you know he had Stormwind rebuilt after Cata and put a big ass statue of himself in the city instead of fixing Stormwind Park.

That's how he rolled. ME FIRST!

People still complain about Horde bias. Honestly, if Vol'jin doesn't come back this pretty much cements that if ANYONE is getting favoritism, it's the Alliance. I get that having a huge monument would not be fitting, but they should at least have his ashes in a protected area guarded by the Shadow Hunters.

The vast majority of the horde are still living in pigshit huts, maybe when they learn what a brick is you'll get some beautiful looking monuments/places!

*eats popcorn*
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..