Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Anyone else think the encounter with the faceless and the audio that came with it was oddly out of place? Faceless are associated with the old gods, who sargaras opposes. Mirion peaced out quickly after that when there was a very clear legion invasion happening.
    There's a huge Old God buried in Ulduar that we killed a few years ago, and as established in the comic (for better or worse), dead Old Gods can still influence and communicate with their servants. Also, that wasn't Mimiron, it was a generic custodian whose entire job/purpose for existing is paperwork and being a tour guide. He has no combat skills, while there is an archmage and a heavily-armed problem-solver right behind him who handle the demon problem to begin with.

Now, whether I think it's foreshadowing is another matter entirely. I do think they're building up to another expansion themed around the Old Gods, one done with a little more finesse than their ultimately-tertiary role in Cataclysm's plot.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Well, if we don't want to get our asses handed to us when facing Sargeras, we have to wake Azeroth to fight on our side. But for that we first have to free her of the Old God's corruption. So I think that will definitely come up, but I'd say that's for another expansion not Legion. It's more about keeping the Old Gods and all that lore in memory or foreshadowing a more distant future.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but the adventure guide for Violet Hold (Legion) has a boss called Mindflayer Kaahrj. Here is what the mini lore byte has on him:

This eldritch creature was captured in the depths of Ulduar, ensnared as it lapsed into a catatonic state after the defeat of Yogg-Saron. Since Dalaran arrived at the broken Isles, the monstrosity has mysteriously awakened, and only the powerful wards of the Violet Hold keep its powers in check
    Really, lets be honest, not much is said here. But as with everything speculation based, i'm about to make a giant leap.

So, timeline of events: Yogg-Saron dies, his minions go into a catatonic state. Get imprisoned at Dalaran, Dalaran moves to Broken Isles, suddenly awaken.

So my question is, did it awaken because theres an old god at the broken isles? Do old god minions awaken from any old god, or just the one that spawned them (in this case Yogg)

I also have a question, if the old god minions basically shut down after their god dies, why is there still echos of corruption such as we saw during the Ulduar pre legion quest(s)

Or could it be that the minions are on "Old God wifi" and if you take them too far away from their modem, they start acting fucky, then shut down entirely

Not sure if this has been discussed , just thought it was an interesting find
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-08-23 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So, timeline of events: Yogg-Saron dies, his minions go into a catatonic state. Get imprisoned at Dalaran, Dalaran moves to Broken Isles, suddenly awaken.

So my question is, did it awaken because theres an old god at the broken isles? Do old god minions awaken from any old god, or just the one that spawned them (in this case Yogg)

I also have a question, if the old god minions basically shut down after their god dies, why is there still echos of corruption such as we saw during the Ulduar pre legion quest(s)

Or could it be that the minions are on "Old God wifi" and if you take them too far away from their modem, they start acting fucky, then shut down entirely

I can't answer the other questions since we don't know (or at least, I don't remember & too lazy to look it up) what happened to the Old Gods' minions when their masters died until now. However, for the bolded part, it's not something strange. Those echoes spawned from the Saronite Vapors that came out from Yogg's body. They are, in a way, similar to the Sha which also spawned after Y'Shaarj is dead. Seeing the Sha didn't shut themselves down, it isn't weird for the Vapors to keep spewing out Echoes either.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Anyone else think the encounter with the faceless and the audio that came with it was oddly out of place? Faceless are associated with the old gods, who sargaras opposes. Mirion peaced out quickly after that when there was a very clear legion invasion happening.
    Where was this encounter with a Faceless? I don't remember one during the quests...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by paulodemoc View Post
    Where was this encounter with a Faceless? I don't remember one during the quests...
    Right after you go through the part where Khadgar takes Jaina's spot on the Kirin Tor, Brann shows up and you all hop in an Ulduar teleport pad and travel to the interior of Ulduar. In the hallway before branching off to Algalon's area there's a circle of Saronite Vapors that spawn, followed by two Faceless mooks. The voice of Yogg-Saron also repeats one of its cryptic accusations.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    you lore fanatics make me chuckle sometimes, cant we just wait and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Right after you go through the part where Khadgar takes Jaina's spot on the Kirin Tor, Brann shows up and you all hop in an Ulduar teleport pad and travel to the interior of Ulduar. In the hallway before branching off to Algalon's area there's a circle of Saronite Vapors that spawn, followed by two Faceless mooks. The voice of Yogg-Saron also repeats one of its cryptic accusations.
    Oh, I already forgot about the first part lol
    Will do it again on some alt, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but the adventure guide for Violet Hold (Legion) has a boss called Mindflayer Kaahrj. Here is what the mini lore byte has on him:

Really, lets be honest, not much is said here. But as with everything speculation based, i'm about to make a giant leap.

There shouldn't be an Old God on the Isles, though. According to Chronicles, N'Zoth is much more south.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Well even though in game 100% contradicted the "they were the cause of the cataclysm, they are dead. DW was the sole cause of the cataclysm. That was Metzen et al speaking about crap they didn't know and saying it to sound cool "Haven't you seen the Cataclysm?!?!" I would have said "Uh yeah and DW 100% caused it by shattering the world pillar"

They are dead, and our method worked rather than outright yanking them out to preserve Azeroth. The titan creations were no match for the old gods so Amanthul yanked Yshaarj out and found out that wouldn't work. We pretty much killed their brains like an immune system for the planet/titan baby.
    Is that why the earthquakes which were part of the incoming cataclysm began a full year before the games released with the opening of the first part of ICC. It seemed pretty much certain that it was meant to be linked with the death of Yogg and to a lesser extent C'thun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Is that why the earthquakes which were part of the incoming cataclysm began a full year before the games released with the opening of the first part of ICC. It seemed pretty much certain that it was meant to be linked with the death of Yogg and to a lesser extent C'thun.
    My headcanon is that N'Zoth woke up Deathwing because he realized he was the only one left. He knew shit would get real for him if he didn't do anything. Every expansion since Cataclysm has been a direct result of it. The war caused Garrosh to become even more bloodthirsty, the Cataclysm revealed Pandaria from the Mists, Garrosh's defeat directly caused the (what do we call it? The war against the Iron Horde?), thus starting Legion by allowing Gul'Dan to come through. The Old Gods wanted Sargeras to come through the portal in the War of the Ancients, and now it appears that a thread is leading directly from their biggest pawn (Deathwing) to the events of Legion. Coincidence?