Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

do you think the EU will collapse?

just look at whats happening in the EU 1. terrorist attacks more than ever cos of angela merkle letting anyone from the middle east in 2. a failing currency which has been worse off than the £ for quite awhile even with the brexit vote 3. high unemployment in the south of europe which is close to 50% in countries such as portugal and spain for the young 4. more bailouts for greece,italy and others, paid for by the richest members of the EU, which are france,germany,UK and others How long do you think the EU will last, 10 years? 20 years? THE EU will NOT last as its crumbling apart and with al lthe stuff above mentioned its like a crack in a windscreen eventually its gonna break

No thing lasts forever, my son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be interesting to see as incompetent governments couldn't use it as a scapegoat for their own policies.

Deleted
    {king terenas}, the eu wont last forever my son.{arthas} i see only democracy before me

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, maybe not. Currently nothing hints in that direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Would be interesting to see as incompetent governments couldn't use it as a scapegoat for their own policies.
    Now that would be truly interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The EU is a necessity for europeans as well as the rest of the Western world and it's values. Also this is basically a nation bashing thread.
    the EU isnt a nation

7+ Year Old Account
    The EU is doing fine. Just because some of the countries in the EU have problems, does not mean that the financiel effect of EU is going down. It is still very well going in most central european countries.

Currencies goes up and down atm. The dollar, the pound and the euro has been down the last couple years because of the financial crises. It will proberly stabilize and go up again with a small increase in the promills.

And the unemployment in the southern EU has very little to do with EU itself. It has more to do with current state of economy in the states, bad traditions and an unheathly approach to employment. EU has a lot to do with farming, money between the nations and a EUs interaction with the global market, not so much with the individuel country employment.

So yeah, things are going fine for the EU. It took a hit with the departure of UK from EU, but Scotland might join as independent because of this. Also, even a smaller EU is gonna work just fine.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

No, the EU is fine. Spain, Italy, Greece etc could leave and it would be a relief for many. As long as France and Germany remain in the EU the EU will still be a force to content with.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    The EU was never going to last in its original form.

Deleted
    The EU will last, whether you like it or not. This is due to the EU being a thing of necessity, rather than convenience.

The collapse of the EU would be a social and economic catastrophe, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the dissolution of the USSR. And even the dissolution of the USSR would be marginal in comparison to a collapse of the EU. It would be the fall of liberal democracy and the Western way of life as we know it as European countries put up barriers between each other, conflict with each other as individual countries' economies collapse. Countries such as Russia, China, even the US would exploit the new situation to gain influence, money and power. Western European countries outside the Eurozone would most likely be alright, but central and eastern European countries less so, as these countries have primarily been built up and funded by the EU, and shielded by NATO from Russia. Because let's be clear here; The things required to break up the EU would also ultimately lead to the breakdown of NATO.

The reason the UK is doing okay, to put it mildly, is because it's still part of the free trade zone, and it's probably the state in the EU which has integrated the least with the other countries. The Nordic countries would most likely do alright as well, even though they're very export-based economies so they'd still have to go through a major recession.

But again, the EU won't dissolve. It'll be changed because it has to be changed, but it won't dissappear because it simply can't dissappear. What we're going through right now is a rough patch, an excellent opportunity to reform and create a better and stronger EU. But even without reforms, we'll do fine. If you think today's situation is bad, you really need to read up on history.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    No thing lasts forever, my son.
    You're right that the nothing lasts forever, but I don't see the EU collapsing anytime soon. As much as some of the people here would like you to believe otherwise...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It will collapse in the next big crisis, highly likely in near future.

It may change it's make-up (member countries), but I doubt it will collapse.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It will collapse in the next big crisis, highly likely in near future.
    No it won't. It simply can't. Too big to fail for International economy

Maybe not in it's current form.

League of Nations, United Nations, E.U.

These are just phases, if the E.U. wants to survive it's going to have to change.

It was too ambitious, too liberal, and too compassionate...this coming from a liberal.

We might see true globalization before we ever see a fully united Europe. take a page from America's book, be an ironic sort of empire who acts like he doesn't care if he's an empire or not, who meddles very little in citizens lives and people will flock to you-die for you-even dress up as your flag and fight crime for you.

The E.U. chose flowers in their hair and sandals in the grass kind of liberalism and their empire reflects that and will succumb to the same BS that has plagued it since dragons left the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we are getting raped by immigrants and on a economic level aswell, the whole thing is going to shit. EU is a burning building that noone is able to save and the looters are taking what they want while the former inhabitants look on, powerless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No, the EU is fine. Spain, Italy, Greece etc could leave and it would be a relief for many. As long as France and Germany remain in the EU the EU will still be a force to content with.

If Italy leaves the EU collapses, I don't think you have anu clue about what are you talking about.

Not soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Yes, we are getting raped by immigrants and on a economic level aswell, the whole thing is going to shit. EU is a burning building that noone is able to save and the looters are taking what they want while the former inhabitants look on, powerless.
    You mean 2 millions refugees are destroying a 450 million strong economy?
    Yeah no that's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The EU is a necessity for europeans as well as the rest of the Western world and it's values.
    Not in its current form it isn't.

Also this is basically a nation bashing thread.
    That is basically a retarded thing to say.