Poll: Which expansion had the best leveling experience overall?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Burning Crusade, hands down.

Lore made sense. You were introduced to important characters. It was fun and it came with a lot of cool stories, mini-toys-trinkets-gadgets, lots of good stuff. You couldn't beat being introduced to Vashj and Kael'thas and their minions, before defeating these major characters. Or fighting Archimonde and why. Or fighting Illidan - for the love of...Or, in the end, Anveena, KJ etc. Even the isle of QD was a nice touch.

Vanilla was slow, the stories were of no real consequence and hardly related to anything, barely any characters worth mentioning.
    WOTLK had some semi-decent lore, but just that: semi-decent. Some cinematics were really cool though (wrath gate?)
    Cataclysm had no real lore to speak of, revived dead characters, unlikely shifts etc.
    MOP was idiotic to say the least. "Shahahaha".
    WOD has no lore to speak of. It's more of "what might have happened in a parallel universe which doesn't exist to begin with, not that anyone really cares, but you can't argue"
    Legion...I don't know. It remains to be seen.

I think they must've fired the lore guy or perhaps they forgot to give him a raise for the past 8 years or something?

P.S If we're talking about leveling SPEED though, I'd say WOTLK wins, hands down.

vanilla > tbc > wrath > mop >wod > cata

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It doesn't matter what this poll result ultimately shows, because Classic had the best leveling experience objectively.

Eastern Kingdoms AND Kalimdor, the most dungeons ever, a talent tree with 50 points to earn and distribute, real weather and day/night cycles, true exploration, elite quests, and singular server communities where you made long-term friends and acquaintances throughout the entire leveling process.

Nothing will ever surpass Classic, end of discussion.
    I tend to have similar feelings. For me back then it was a game to be played, it took up LOTs of time, had lots to do and wasn't over and done with in such a short time.

Nor did I feel the tremendous push to level quickly in TBC - again it was still gated at that time - there was a common cause for you and your guildies to help each other out to get those attunements (at that time my guild was first on the realm to get into the Caverns - two weeks later they removed the attunement ).

The rest of the expansions it has always been a get up and hurry - level ASAP and as fast as possible. I do enjoy the stories and lore as I explore, discover new places, feel like I'm playing a game and level.