Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    eu has russians so price has to be high

10+ Year Old Account
    with garrison gold gone my main source of income has become cata raids and selling excess invasion gear on alts after they ding 100.

I am loving the fact that the prices are sinking a bit. It sure helps the purchaser...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, 69k is really expensive and 84k is extreme. Prices should be like in the US, around 35k.
    Typical nonsense from a murican

69k is okay but if you are lucky you can snack some up for 67k in the mornings atm.

TL;DR: Price will go down a bit just after the launch and then pick back up when gold from farming legion stuff starts flowing in.

FYI price is almost entirely controlled by Blizzard, not the supply/demand and it 100% mimics the fluctuation of the RMT market. If you dont believe me, do some digging and you will notice it coincides perfectly with the fluctuation of RMT gold prices.
    Bouth time we had a massive inflation in a short span of time, it was due to dupes (first time the "200k gold from mailbox" one and second "pets and mounts" one. The other major factor was RU currency inflation that allowed for cheap accounts and game time for botters, resulting in cheaper costs of operation, resulting in cheaper RMT gold.

That being said, RMT price will go slightly up when the legion launches and thus the token price will go down, but it will last a month at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres reasons the prices differ so much and they've been dealt with at length in many topics. How "stupid" you feel this is is about irrelevant because it has no basis in reality. If you want people to stop calling you stupid, stop acting it.
    So you think I am stupid for wanting something that isn't (at the moment at least) reality. You must have no ambitions at all. It is unrealistic, yes, I agree, and I know full well why, but wanting it anyway doesn't make me stupid. Calling people stupid for an opinion however, does make you stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So you think I am stupid for wanting something that isn't (at the moment at least) reality. You must have no ambitions at all. It is unrealistic, yes, I agree, and I know full well why, but wanting it anyway doesn't make me stupid. Calling people stupid for an opinion however, does make you stupid.

Saying 84k is expensive is an opinion, thats fine. Saying it should be 35k is ignorant, you completely ignore the drivers of the price on each continent. Anyway, continue to defend the indefensible, I'm done with you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope for 50-60k on eu after legion release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    eu has russians so price has to be high
    Typical response from a russophobe. Those who can afford a PC and internet connection to play WoW on have plenty of cash to pay for their subs.

If it is more than 40K gold, I won't buy a token. Just saying.

I'm waiting for it to drop below 30k here and then I'm going to buy a ton of game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Typical response from a russophobe. Those who can afford a PC and internet connection to play WoW on have plenty of cash to pay for their subs.
    He is actually right. Russian realms are the reasons why prices on EU are high. There are lots of goldfarmers and people who sell gold at cheaper prices than tokens. So, there's much bigger demand.
    If you look at Asian realms, it's way worse there because of all the goldfarmers. More gold in economy = higher token prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Those who can afford a PC and internet connection to play WoW on have plenty of cash to pay for their subs.
    Theres two sides to the equation, supply and demand. The price goes down as supply increases relative to demand. The token costs more money than outright buying a subscription so if the supply is higher than the demand in comparison to another region than more money will have been spent per subscription. So your sentence should be "Those who can afford a PC and internet connection to play WoW on have plenty of cash to pay for their tokens."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    He is actually right. Russian realms are the reasons why prices on EU are high. There are lots of goldfarmers and people who sell gold at cheaper prices than tokens. So, there's much bigger demand.

If you look at Asian realms, it's way worse there because of all the goldfarmers. More gold in economy = higher token prices.
    There is ppl from Central and South American countries on US Servers, and also Asian players on US servers.

And there is also ppl from countries like Bulgaria,Romania,Albania,Latvia on EU servers.

Realms with highest gold number on their hands is probably Silvermoon and Argent Dawn. On Drak'Thul realm which is mostly have people from Czech Republic evrything cost like 2-3 cheaper than on Argent Dawn/Silvermoon in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    There is ppl from Central and South American countries on US Servers, and also Asian players on US servers.

And there is also ppl from countries like Bulgaria,Romania,Albania,Latvia on EU servers.

Realms with highest gold number on their hands is probably Silvermoon and Argent Dawn. On Drak'Thul realm which is mostly have people from Czech Republic evrything cost like 2-3 cheaper than on Argent Dawn/Silvermoon in gold.
    Are South American countries known for having having hot spots of gold farming businesses? It's widely known that many of these companies operate in either Asia or Russia and Eastern Europe, which contributes to the hyperinflation. South/central American gold farming is not something I have heard much at all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've paid anywhere from 28k to 34k, I can't buy anymore which is good because the prices have skyrocketed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swdan View Post
    i saw 68+ a few days ago. and its really cheap.

there is no "should" - it is a market
    We don't know if it is or if there are other factors affecting the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Are South American countries known for having having hot spots of gold farming businesses? It's widely known that many of these companies operate in either Asia or Russia and Eastern Europe, which contributes to the hyperinflation. South/central American gold farming is not something I have heard much at all about.
    Alot EU Goldsellers/Goldselling companies are from Western/Southern Europe. Goldsellers exist almost in evry European country.

This includes even countries like Italy and Sweden.