What is in the mythic+ chests?

Hey,

I've been looking for info on this but haven't found any so far, so apologies if this has been covered somewhere.

The chests you get for completing a mythic+ dungeon and then the weekly chest, what kind of loot is in them? Is this simply the normal dungeon gear with higher iLevels or do you get to dip your hand into the raid loot pool?

I'm just wondering if people who focus on mythic+ dungeons will be left out of the really neat trinkets and tier armor sets.

Deleted
    Gwyneth Paltrow's head

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eed_some_info/

That covers it mainly.
    Last edited by mmoc08f8e652d4; 2016-08-25 at 04:52 PM.

Yeah I read that thread a couple days ago, didn't see anything in there regarding the loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuck View Post
    Yeah I read that thread a couple days ago, didn't see anything in there regarding the loot tables.
    item(s) which are +15 ilvl higher than what you would get from running your Mx dungeon (x = level).

base mythic ilvl is 840, for every 2 levels you clear you get +5 item levels, so:
    mythic - 840
    mythic 3 - 845
    mythic 5 - 850
    mythic 7 - 855
    mythic 9 - 860

in order to hit the highest potential item you need to do lvl 10. after mythic 10 there are no more ilvl upgrades, you simply get "more chances" at loot from your weekly chest.

and yes, this means you could potentially get ilvl gear equivilent to mythic EN as mythic EN opens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    and yes, this means you could potentially get ilvl gear equivilent to mythic EN as mythic EN opens.
    But probably worth mentioning you won't get tier bonuses, so raiding will still be required for the best gear.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

item(s) which are +15 ilvl higher than what you would get from running your Mx dungeon (x = level).

base mythic ilvl is 840, for every 2 levels you clear you get +5 item levels, so:
    mythic - 840
    mythic 3 - 845
    mythic 5 - 850
    mythic 7 - 855
    mythic 9 - 860

in order to hit the highest potential item you need to do lvl 10. after mythic 10 there are no more ilvl upgrades, you simply get "more chances" at loot from your weekly chest.

You didn't really read the post though (I almost did the same). His question is on the loot tables as in "do the chests have items from the dungeon loot tables or from the raid loot tables or both?".

I personally don't know the answer but I would assume it's from the dungeon loot tables.

mythic - 840
    mythic 3 - 845
    mythic 5 - 850
    mythic 7 - 855
    mythic 9 - 860

Is the loot just the same items that drop in mythic though just higher ilvls?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You didn't really read the post though (I almost did the same). His question is on the loot tables as in "do the chests have items from the dungeon loot tables or from the raid loot tables or both?".

I personally don't know the answer but I would assume it's from the dungeon loot tables.
    oh.

yes, they're from dungeon loot tables the chest reward items. as to what dungeon? i think it's random.

oh.

yes, they're from dungeon loot tables the chest reward items. as to what dungeon? i think it's random.
    Thank you Floopa, thats the first time I've seen that confirmed.. everyone is caught up in the iLevels not the type of items you get.

I hope Blizz did something neat with the dungeon loot tables then, otherwise non-raiders wont be competitive because of trinkets.

Actually the item you get from the mythic+ chest at the end of instance is from the loot tables of the bosses of that specific instance. Only the weekly chest rewards items from the loot tables of all the instances together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    But probably worth mentioning you won't get tier bonuses, so raiding will still be required for the best gear.
    well you can get tier setbonuses from normal/heroic and even LFR, all of which can go up to 895 so it's not that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizz did something neat with the dungeon loot tables then, otherwise non-raiders wont be competitive because of trinkets.
    Court of Stars/Arcway has some small sets, consisting of 2 pieces each. There are 2 sets for all classes (Ring and Neck and I think Neck and Trinket) as well as a 2 piece armor set for each type of armor. Trinkets are also really good with interesting effects. Some BiS items come from dungeons (with a high enough level of course). Here is one of the set items from Court of Stars and the first comment has all the other sets linked as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137487/s...=1826#comments

Deleted
    Thank you Floopa, thats the first time I've seen that confirmed.. everyone is caught up in the iLevels not the type of items you get.

some of the trinkets are better then nightmare trinkets mainly the horn of valor trinket

Seems random, loot from dungeons
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well you can get tier setbonuses from normal/heroic and even LFR, all of which can go up to 895 so it's not that bad
    On balance of probability most people will never see their lfr or normal stuff get close to 895.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    On balance of probability most people will never see their lfr or normal stuff get close to 895.
    actually blizzard said that on balance of probablity most people will see 1-2 items get close to it after a while, just obviously not all of them

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but getting 4 895 tier pieces will be a lot of RNG

That's true, but getting 4 895 tier pieces will be a lot of RNG
    you dont need to tho

even if those 4 pieces are LFR/normal your overall itemlevel wont be THAT much lower
    plus setbonuses generally arent that amazing compared to WoD, they're much Much less of a dps increase
    i mean im not even sure 4pc is worth it for sub rogues for example in t19

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont need to tho

even if those 4 pieces are LFR/normal your overall itemlevel wont be THAT much lower
    plus setbonuses generally arent that amazing compared to WoD, they're much Much less of a dps increase
    i mean im not even sure 4pc is worth it for sub rogues for example in t19
    Of course.

What I was on about was you still want to raid mythic to get the best gear

Deleted
    Of course.

What I was on about was you still want to raid mythic to get the best gear
    That's probably true when the nighthold comes out with set bonuses, but for the time being mythic+ looks like it might be a better method to get good gear compared to mythic raiding due to the sheer amount of drops you can get.