Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because plot needs her to not be so mean or cranky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Wrong, when all hell breaks loose and there is one person that stays calm. That person should at least temporally takes the leading role cause it is the only person that can make a rational decision.

It is exactly what Jarod did during the first invasion and because of it, he saved the world and got demigods like Cenaruis to kneel before him and taking orders from him.
    Show us your serious face...

10+ Year Old Account
    Took everyone else long enough to figure it out. She is lying!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-08-25 at 03:27 PM.

She is just a more subtle bitch nowadays.

oh boy these comments will be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    That part is still really blurry for me. She makes a pact with Helya and assaults the Val'kir breeding grounds, or whatever then a cinematic is supposed to roll that explains what the deal is, but no cinematic yet, or that I know of.
    She's basically abusing her power to find a way to become immortal. She's mortally (huhu) scared of death.

It seems like both her and Jaina did a 180 from war crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's either bad writing which wouldn't be surprising or there's some sort of twisted plan she has. She may be trying to play the part of Warchief to get the Horde to follow her and be loyal just as they were with Vol'jin and Thrall and once she has them in her hands she might use them to her advantage for...something, Something that in her mind is no big deal but to most "living" people appalling. Similar to what she did at the Wrath gate in WotLK with her plague bombs.

Then again I could totally be wrong on this and it might be too much story for the writers to comprehend and her sudden change of attitude could just be simply bad writing as I said in the beginning. After such bad treatment with Garrosh and the fact that they made Thrall some Captain Planet hero guy and the complete confusing mess that was WoD I kind of come to just assume everything that doesn't make sense is just a result of bad writing. It's a shame, really.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My point was she didn't actually do anything to bring this to fruition. That would be what "try" would mean in any rational understanding of the word. She had the thought, and the intention, but she hadn't done the least thing to act on it, nor (my other point) would she have understood it to be a malicious act (which is part of what makes a killing murder, malice).
    But you said "And she never "tried" to kill her sister", see why I made that post? x_x Because it was said in the book that she was going to have her become undead to join her there.

Edit: Actually yeah, maybe she didn't try it because she never really got to the stage to do it - but she would've if she could've!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I always thought you had to be undead..
    Well yeah, obviously - just that you kind of have to be dead first before you can become a Dark Ranger and even be undead - unless she'd use something to just change her from living to undead in an instant which I'm not too aware of...?
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2016-08-25 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    But you said "And she never "tried" to kill her sister", see why I made that post? x_x Because it was said in the book that she was going to have her become undead to join her there.
    That would be the book in which she A) never, and b) tried to kill her sister. Not sure what part of her never having actually attempted to carry out any such thing you missed.

Oh, she would have carried it out, sure, but even at that, her moral perspective is pretty skewed. Sylvanas is a lot less like "zombie" fiction than she is like "vampire" fiction; name a vampire in any fiction that would have ever thought of "turning a loved one into a vampire so we can still be together" as a violent, cruel, or malicious act.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That would be the book in which she A) never, and b) tried to kill her sister. Not sure what part of her never having actually attempted to carry out any such thing you missed.

Oh, she would have carried it out, sure, but even at that, her moral perspective is pretty skewed. Sylvanas is a lot less like "zombie" fiction than she is like "vampire" fiction; name a vampire in any fiction that would have ever thought of "turning a loved one into a vampire so we can still be together" as a violent, cruel, or malicious act.
    Yeah I edited straight after I posted that she never actually got to that stage, but she would've if she could've, not sure you got that - but that was my bad on that part. Guess I'm just too used to people overly-defending everything she does without looking at some of the bad things ;_:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I stopped reading when I read "what she did at the Wrath gate".
    Do you even play this game?

And FYI: They've been changing Sylvanas into this direction since after WotLK. This is just the second phase of her 'redemption' or whatever you want to call it.
    I just remember the bombs flying and Lich King going "Sylvanas". I do remember some guy being revealed and laughing like Count Chocula so did Lich King assume it was Sylvanas but it was actually this Count Chocula guy? It's been a while since I seen that cutscene.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yeah I edited straight after I posted that she never actually got to that stage, but she would've if she could've, not sure you got that - but that was my bad on that part. Guess I'm just too used to people overly-defending everything she does without looking at some of the bad things ;_:
    If she weren't deeply flawed, there'd be no point in bothering with what they appear to be doing; a redemption arc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I just remember the bombs flying and Lich King going "Sylvanas". I do remember some guy being revealed and laughing like Count Chocula so did Lich King assume it was Sylvanas but it was actually this Count Chocula guy? It's been a while since I seen that cutscene.
    It was the Forsaken, but it wasn't Sylvanas - was a person I can't really remember the name of right now, only recall him using the tier 8 armour who was shouting "Death to the Scourge - Death to the living!". I do believe that during the attack on Undercity, while Sylvanas had to go deal with the Dreadlord, the Alliance had to go deal with this Forsaken who attacked both the Horde and the Alliance at the Wrathgate.

Edit: What the Kangaroo above me said.

Just to clarify a few points.

1) The plague (or whatever) used at Wrathgate was developed by the order of Sylvanas with the purpose of killing Lich King. So Lich King was not that wrong of saying that.

2) But the event of Wrathgate, it was Putress who gave the order to deploy plague to kill everyone in the battlefield. And at that time Putress conspired with demon to overthrow and kill Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Just to clarify a few points.

1) The plague (or whatever) used at Wrathgate was developed by the order of Sylvanas with the purpose of killing Lich King. So Lich King was not that wrong of saying that.

2) But the event of Wrathgate, it was Putress who gave the order to deploy plague to kill everyone in the battlefield. And at that time Putress conspired with demon to overthrow and kill Sylvanas.
    Specifically, Sylvanas' "advisor" Varimathras.

I can't remember, was he in the Broken Shore scenario? Would be interesting to see his return.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Specifically, Sylvanas' "advisor" Varimathras.

I can't remember, was he in the Broken Shore scenario? Would be interesting to see his return.
    Sadly he was not there. And as far as I know, he did not appear in other quest lines as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Sadly he was not there. And as far as I know, he did not appear in other quest lines as well.
    Quite lame.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

7+ Year Old Account
    ...Where's Mal'ganis? We saw him leave through a portal in Icecrown, we haven't seen him since, have we...?

You'd think he'd be an important Dreadlord since... you know, he was the first one we -ever- witnessed (At least to players, Warcraft 3) and is the reason why Arthas got Frostmourne. You'd think he'd take some big role in Legion, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Quite lame.
    lol them feels tho bro