Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You're right. It's not the same.

When it comes to animal cruelty, a glue trap is worse. Far worse.

So calling this messed up is all sorts of hypocritical, coming from you.
    1 is pretty humane actuly. Instant kill. (similar like cows getting show into head to die instantly)

Still a bit of dick move. But humans are predators, remember that.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well that's you're opinion, at least the law sides with me for the moment, so if I ever have a mice problem again I'll buy some more.
    You don't need a law to state that something is unethical and/or wrong (like that guy did in the OP's article). There are other traps that kill the animal quickly that can be used in place of glue traps, but you deliberately choose to inflict prolonged and unnecessary pain despite those alternatives.

That's why I can't take you seriously when you say "WOW that's messed up". Animals tear their faces off glue traps, they struggle so much that they break their limbs, etc. People sometimes opt to throw them in the trash can like that to starve to death. It's monstrous and it shouldn't be legal to kill any vertebrate animal like that.

So, again, like you can really talk when it comes to cruelty to animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    1 is pretty humane actuly. Instant kill. (similar like cows getting show into head to die instantly)

Still a bit of dick move. But humans are predators, remember that.
    We also have evolved brains that actually give us an emotional conscience. These guys didn't do it for food either, they did it just because they could. So senseless.

You don't need a law to state that something is unethical and/or wrong (like that guy did in the OP's article). There are other traps that kill the animal quickly that can be used in place of glue traps, but you deliberately choose to inflict prolonged and unnecessary pain despite those alternatives.

That's why I can't take you seriously when you say "WOW that's messed up". Animals tear their faces off glue traps, they struggle so much that they break their limbs, etc. People sometimes opt to throw them in the trash can like that to starve to death. It's monstrous and it shouldn't be legal to kill any vertebrate animal like that.

So, again, like you can really talk when it comes to cruelty to animals.

We also have evolved brains that actually give us an emotional conscience. These guys didn't do it for food either, they did it just because they could. So senseless.
    You find it unethical or wrong, I don't and the law sides with me on this. I can't take you seriously either, so I guess we have understanding. I guess I could always catch one humanly and feed it to a cat.

You find it unethical or wrong, I don't and the law sides with me on this. I can't take you seriously either, so I guess we have understanding. I guess I could always catch one humanly and feed it to a cat.
    Yes, I find it unethical and wrong to superglue a mammal on a sheet of plastic and force it to tear its face off, gnaw off a limb while dehydrating/starving in its own shit and piss. Tell me what's so ethical and right about this? That's just basic empathy and common sense, something you are severely lacking. At least try to back up your shitty opinions.

Laws can be lax in some areas. Animal cruelty laws certainly are in some parts of the US, regardless that doesn't make torturing animals justifiable though.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-08-25 at 07:36 PM.

Yes, I find it unethical and wrong to superglue a mammal on a sheet of plastic and force it to tear its face off, gnaw off a limb while dehydrating/starving in its own shit and piss. Tell me what's so ethical and right about this? That's just basic empathy and common sense, something you are severely lacking. At least try to back up your shitty opinions.

Laws can be lax in some areas. Animal cruelty laws certainly are in some parts of the US, regardless that doesn't make torturing animals justifiable though.
    How many times are you going to tell me how you feel? How can he tear off his face? He can't move, I have never seen that or seen them gnaw off a limb.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So where's my turtle soup? I'm waiting!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Isn't it a red flag that a person could become a serial killer if they purposely harm animals for fun or is that just an urban myth?
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Urban myth.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

How many times are you going to tell me how you feel? How can he tear off his face? He can't move, I have never seen that or seen them gnaw off a limb.
    It happens. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen:

I'm not telling you how I feel, I'm telling you what happens to animals caught on them. They can easily tear off their face (or part of) or gnaw on a leg because they can still have their head loose, they can still wriggle around violently, etc. A trapped animal isn't just going to sit there, it will try to get away to the point of physical injury. It has been on record numerous times and even humans in desperate situations have been known to amputate a limb (like that guy who had his arm pinned with a large boulder).

You probably don't put them out of their misery when you catch them like that.

It happens. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen:

I'm not telling you how I feel, I'm telling you what happens to animals caught on them. They can easily tear off their face (or part of) or gnaw on a leg because they can still have their head loose, they can still wriggle around violently, etc. A trapped animal isn't just going to sit there, it will try to get away to the point of physical injury. It has been on record numerous times and even humans in desperate situations have been known to amputate a limb (like that guy who had his arm pinned with a large boulder).

You probably don't put them out of their misery when you catch them like that.
    Got it, next time ill stab it with a pocket knife before I throw it in the garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Had a guy near where I live get tired of his cat peeing in his shoes, so he duct taped a stick of dynamite on the cat, lit it, and threw the cat on his potato field.

Jokes on him though, as the cat ran straight into his newly built barn.
    A guy in my friends neighborhood got tired of ducks shitting on his walkway, so he shot one of them in the head with a handgun.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Isn't it a red flag that a person could become a serial killer if they purposely harm animals for fun or is that just an urban myth?
    It's not an urban myth. Ignore Elim Garak, there are definite links between harming animals for fun and violent behaviour to people in later life. It's why the FBI has a database on animal cruelty now, considering it a Class A felony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their face being stuck to the glue prevents them from getting away, not from moving to try to escape. If their face is stuck to the glue, then their motion to try to escape would involve pulling their face off the glue. What happens when you try to pull a bandaid?

Your arguments needs to shift to the differance between vermine and turtles, or just tell him you don't care about his opinion. Otherwise, he is right and you are stuck in a quagmire of trying to conform to his opinion, when you obviously don't care.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Got it, next time ill stab it with a pocket knife before I throw it in the garbage.
    Are you really so stupid, lazy, cruel and ignorant to have thrown a living rodent stuck on these things into the garbage?

Deleted
    Well I'm not one to really give a shit about stuff like this but..

if it's illegal to torture/harm domesticated animals it might aswell be illegal to hurt a turtle.

Plus, no sane individual does something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Your arguments needs to shift to the differance between vermine and turtles
    That's not really an argument, because the difference is irrelevant. Turtles, rodents, dogs, etc... you don't torture animals to death, not when there's an option to kill them humanely. And certainly not for sadistic pleasure. Period.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, I know this is inappropriate, but I did laugh out loud when i saw the title of the thread. I guess human stupidity and ingenuity knows no bounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really an argument, because the difference is irrelevant. Turtles, rodents, dogs, etc... you don't torture animals to death, not when there's an option to kill them humanely. And certainly not for sadistic pleasure. Period.
    True, but it would at least justify his perspective.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Blowing up inanimate objects for shits and giggles is fine ( so long as it isn't someone elses property of course ) but blowing up animals is just fucked up..

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    True, but it would at least justify his perspective.
    He can certainly try and justify it that way, but it'll make him look worse. Had a feral cat fighting with another feral cat at 4am, waking me up and annoying me. Feral cats are huge pests here. According to his justification, it would not be unethical of me to toss them into a bucket, pour gasoline on them and set them alight.