Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worth leveling prof to 700 before legion?

Just wondering, returned to the game after about a year to play legion, gonna be playing a Demon Hunter and currently have Leatherworking and Skinning picked. Is it worth leveling my professions before Legion hits or is that a waste of time with the new system?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    Just wondering, returned to the game after about a year to play legion, gonna be playing a Demon Hunter and currently have Leatherworking and Skinning picked. Is it worth leveling my professions before Legion hits or is that a waste of time with the new system?
    You can get skinning to max in about 2 hours of actual effort, I thought it was going to be much worse. If you're alliance, just go to the starting zone and farm the elephant like things in the northeast.

Leatherworking can go from 1-700 by just buying the latest leather and making items with it, you get +10 skill per item until around 650, then at 650 make the daily CD, buy the item for rerolling stats on gear made, and create those until you're 700. It'll cost a little bit of gold, but it's very easy to do.
    Last edited by Droodid; 2016-08-25 at 07:24 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Actually didnt realise how easy it is to level now, cost me like 3k gold to get leatherworking to 650 and i guess i can just level skinning a bit at a time

You only need to level your professions to 300. That's all you need to get world quests. None of the recipes themselves have a profession level requirement that I know of.

I've read somewhere (might be mistaken) that it's easy to switch professions in Legion.

At the moment I've got Blacksmithing and Engineering, however I was thinking to swap one of them to Mining (pref Blacksmithing).
    So, I've read that you can pay gold to retrieve your old profession if you'll change it in Legion.. is that true? If so, could I do it now and then switch back once market get stable and prices for raw mats will drop?

Or should I just get down and start mining asap to get it to at least 300+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    You only need to level your professions to 300. That's all you need to get world quests. None of the recipes themselves have a profession level requirement that I know of.
    It's 100 now (for a while now).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurobank View Post
    I've read somewhere (might be mistaken) that it's easy to switch professions in Legion.

At the moment I've got Blacksmithing and Engineering, however I was thinking to swap one of them to Mining (pref Blacksmithing).
    So, I've read that you can pay gold to retrieve your old profession if you'll change it in Legion.. is that true? If so, could I do it now and then switch back once market get stable and prices for raw mats will drop?

Or should I just get down and start mining asap to get it to at least 300+ ?
    You can buy items that restore your learned Legion-only recipes and their ranks, because they are quest-bound. So yes, in essence you can easily switch around professions if you don't care about legacy recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It's 100 now (for a while now).

- - - Updated - - -

You can buy items that restore your learned Legion-only recipes and their ranks, because they are quest-bound. So yes, in essence you can easily switch around professions if you don't care about legacy recipes.
    So if your professions are at least level 100 going into Legion, you should be good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Xss View Post
    So if your professions are at least level 100 going into Legion, you should be good to go?
    Yes. That's what you need to start the Legion profession quests.

I want to say profession World Quests are from 100skill as well but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    What about gathering proffessions ? Do you get the same amount of ore at lvl 1 rank 1 as you would at 700 rank 1 ?

I am leveling mining now. Considering just keep going as far as i get or stop at 300

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    You can get skinning to max in about 2 hours of actual effort, I thought it was going to be much worse. If you're alliance, just go to the starting zone and farm the elephant like things in the northeast.

Leatherworking can go from 1-700 by just buying the latest leather and making items with it, you get +10 skill per item until around 650, then at 650 make the daily CD, buy the item for rerolling stats on gear made, and create those until you're 700. It'll cost a little bit of gold, but it's very easy to do.
    Do you have an exact location? I spent like 2 hours now trying to level Skinning in Nagrand and only am at 300.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What about gathering proffessions ? Do you get the same amount of ore at lvl 1 rank 1 as you would at 700 rank 1 ?

I am leveling mining now. Considering just keep going as far as i get or stop at 300
    No, you get more minerals/herbs/leather based on your skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes. That's what you need to start the Legion profession quests.

I want to say profession World Quests are from 100skill as well but I could be wrong.
    Profession world quests require 300 skill, unless they changed it in the last 2 months.
    @FrostyButt http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html 600 to 650 part. You can use that to go from 0 to 650.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually didnt realise how easy it is to level now, cost me like 3k gold to get leatherworking to 650 and i guess i can just level skinning a bit at a time
    I spent 15k leveling Engineering on my Shaman last month.
    Then I realized you can level 1-700 with JUST Draenor patterns.
    Leveled Engineering on my Monk the next day for less than 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    No, you get more minerals/herbs/leather based on your skill.
    Sounds wrong IIRC the amount you get from each node is based on what star level you have acquired for those nodes specifically. So a level 1 miner has the same yield as a 700 miner until you unlock that star level.

However world quests required 100 skill for gathering and 300 for crafting in order to obtain them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    Sounds wrong IIRC the amount you get from each node is based on what star level you have acquired for those nodes specifically. So a level 1 miner has the same yield as a 700 miner until you unlock that star level.

However world quests required 100 skill for gathering and 300 for crafting in order to obtain them.
    You apear to be correct, my bad ... pretty sure it was that way earlier and they changed it, but idk I might also just be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    You apear to be correct, my bad ... pretty sure it was that way earlier and they changed it, but idk I might also just be crazy
    This is quite weird however. What for do we need profession skill now? Blizzard could just remove it from the game then.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    This is quite weird however. What for do we need profession skill now? Blizzard could just remove it from the game then.
    I presume they are wanting to make profession levelling less daunting as 1-800 is a huge step. Instead if you come back to an expansion you only need to complete the relevant 700-800 worth of "1,2,3 star" levelling to effective be max level. However, non of the previous content is design around this so they cannot apply it and removing the 1-800 level altogether.

I expect they also don't want to demean the levelling experience for those who have grinder up to 700 by making the default level 700 for those starting fresh in Legion.

short answer: yes
    long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeees

Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post

Thanks. I got mining at 200 now. So in theory i could stop there. But... if i keep going i could sell more ore...

I wish I could just buy my fishing and archeology up like that; haven't touched both at all in WoD.